Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923596 times)

dogamusprime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.622
« Reply #1425 on: November 05, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

my only real gripe is how slow your faction is at starting out, versus the AI factions...    i've played the game for about 10 in-game months and my faction has only a single station expansion, and very pathetic ship purchase options....  (and no mining ships to buy so I can't make any money, just flying around in little ships)

The mining drones should appear in your storage hanger. Then just drop them in the omnifactory. Life time supply! :)

As for the player faction expanding too slowly, I agree.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »

Vat-II is not a super-capital, Vat-III is harmless (almost), Yosh-II is where things get dangerous, but since it gets trashed by any zorg capital id say shes fine. Vat-IV as we all know and love, should stay in its corner. :P

I guess moving Vat II and III to generic fleets seems reasonable, and maybe keep Yosh-II and definitely keep Vat-IV to elite fleets.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 05, 2013, 04:50:52 PM »

my only real gripe is how slow your faction is at starting out, versus the AI factions...   

As for the player faction expanding too slowly, I agree.

OK I'll see what I can do for the next update :)

Vat-II is not a super-capital, Vat-III is harmless (almost), Yosh-II is where things get dangerous, but since it gets trashed by any zorg capital id say shes fine. Vat-IV as we all know and love, should stay in its corner. :P

I guess moving Vat II and III to generic fleets seems reasonable, and maybe keep Yosh-II and definitely keep Vat-IV to elite fleets.

Shall do :)

Khanbalyk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 05, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »

Holy Potato!

I've just scrolled down on the character page and saw there's a faction aptitude! And I'm level 38 lol.

It's Exerelin stuff, isn't it? :D It'd be nice if you put a screenshot of this in the OP, Zaphide, so other newbies won't miss it.
(But probably I'm the only blind n00b who missed it :D)

Pretty neat stuff, it's a pity I didn't notice it earlier :(

I had no idea there was another skill tree.  I just started up my big Exerelin save game to see it (for the first time). 

Mind.  Blown.

I'm level 42.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:22 AM »

Wait theres another skill tree...why didnt the game make it clear there was another skill tree...i didnt see an arrow or anything displaying much that there was a new skill tree. Anyways i dont even think this mod can be played accept with 2 systems...even then it still crashes...hopefully the game can get optimized to handle such large files and events...until then the game seems unplayable

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »

There is a solution!
1. Go to the starsector directory

2. Open the starsector_core file

3. Open up the starsector.bat with something like jedit

4. Delete the "..\jre\bin" section, and change the two values of -Xms512m -Xmx512m to -Xms1024m and -Xmx2048m (assuming you have 1 and 2 gb of free RAM)

5. Go back to the orginal starsector directory, the one with the "mods" folder.

6. Drag the "mods" folder, or copy\paste it, into the starsector_core

7. Double click on the starsector.bat, and play!

8. (Optional) Follow the same process for the "saves" folder as you did with the "mods" folder

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

thats alot of work and editing...thats not a very good solution

daggertx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »

Its a mod for a game in Alpha.

Khanbalyk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »

A few posts here have suggested to me that I'm not the only one who lurking these forums full of super-talented modders that is not a modder...I'm just a player. 

Regarding the saves and stability, Exerelin and even the vanilla meta-game portion of Star Sector are simply not optimized right now.  It's not a shortcoming...as the lead dev (Alex?) said in his blog - it's hard to know what to optimize at this stage in the development (paraphrasing). 

I did the mod below (changing the line items from 512 to 1024/2048), and it helped a LOT.  I highly recommend it.  It's basically just dealing with the problem with brute force.  It's not like any of us on this forum are lacking for RAM, statistically speaking...

There is a solution!
1. Go to the starsector directory

2. Open the starsector_core file

3. Open up the starsector.bat with something like jedit

4. Delete the "..\jre\bin" section, and change the two values of -Xms512m -Xmx512m to -Xms1024m and -Xmx2048m (assuming you have 1 and 2 gb of free RAM)

5. Go back to the orginal starsector directory, the one with the "mods" folder.

6. Drag the "mods" folder, or copy\paste it, into the starsector_core

7. Double click on the starsector.bat, and play!

8. (Optional) Follow the same process for the "saves" folder as you did with the "mods" folder

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.623
« Reply #1434 on: November 07, 2013, 02:54:58 AM »

Update 0.623

Download:https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.623.zip

Added support for Foxer360's Citadel Fleet and Runoved's Objectless Research Institute.

As these faction mods are both WIP's I'm sure their authors would appreciate any feedback :)

This update is save compatible with 0.62x of Exerelin.

Changes
Code
v0.623
- Added support for Foxer360's Citadel Defenders
- Added support for Runoved's ORI faction

- Slightly reduced number of trapezoid fighter wings for Zorg

- Moved Vatican II/III to normal fleet for Valkyrian faction
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:00:46 AM by Zaphide »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 10, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »

I moved the Vat III back and forth a bunch of times, because it is indeed a super cap and it performs as such, and since the elite deployment doesn't work properly as you said, i'd say, keep it in the generic fleets for now, because its not too strong, but its not weak either, then when you get the fleet deployment to work, move it over to elite ships again, how does that sound?

Also, is there somewhere where you can read about the different stats specific planets and stations give?

like Ports, bases and HQ has extra fleet deployment or whatever.

customs, view, post, generate extra resources.

terminal and trading post send out more convoys.

and what bonus each planet types give.

Also!
Spoiler
11783424 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:73)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:148)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:141)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.move(AbstractPullReader.java:118)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader.java:103)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.<init>(StaxReader.java:45)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createStaxReader(StaxDriver.java:137)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:88)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager$3.createReader(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:921)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.if.do$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.D.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.????00(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:58)
   ... 22 more
11784330 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_Littlebetch_4954502991707125274...
11785556 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
11786074 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin_config.json]
11786075 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/pirates.json]
11786075 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/bushi.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/valkyrian.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/blackrock.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/zorg_hive.json]
11786077 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/sindrian_diktat.json]
11786077 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hegemony.json]
11786078 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/tritachyon.json]
11786078 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hiigaran_descendants.json]
12913601 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: [infinity_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
java.lang.RuntimeException: [infinity_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.super.float$Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.commandQueue.CommandAddShip.executeCommand(CommandAddShip.java:25)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.commandQueue.CommandQueue.advance(CommandQueue.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
[close]

Whut? D: that fighter shouldn't exist! (yet)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:55:34 AM by ValkyriaL »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 10, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »

I moved the Vat III back and forth a bunch of times, because it is indeed a super cap and it performs as such, and since the elite deployment doesn't work properly as you said, i'd say, keep it in the generic fleets for now, because its not too strong, but its not weak either, then when you get the fleet deployment to work, move it over to elite ships again, how does that sound?

Sounds good :)

Also, is there somewhere where you can read about the different stats specific planets and stations give?

like Ports, bases and HQ has extra fleet deployment or whatever.

customs, view, post, generate extra resources.

terminal and trading post send out more convoys.

and what bonus each planet types give.

The only difference is between the planet types: Gas = fuel, moons = supplies, planets = more crew/marines.

All stations produce some crew/marines, with the stations orbiting planets getting a bonus. Only stations orbiting a gas giant produce fuel; the rest must rely on mining fleets. The same for stations orbiting a moon except it is supplies.

So the ultimate starting spot is a gas giant with a station, that has a moon with a station :)

The station names are just descriptions for now.

Also!
Spoiler
11783424 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:73)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:148)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:141)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.move(AbstractPullReader.java:118)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader.java:103)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.<init>(StaxReader.java:45)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createStaxReader(StaxDriver.java:137)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxDriver.createReader(StaxDriver.java:88)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager$3.createReader(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:921)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.if.do$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.D.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullNextEvent(StaxReader.java:58)
   ... 22 more
11784330 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_Littlebetch_4954502991707125274...
11785556 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
11786074 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin_config.json]
11786075 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/pirates.json]
11786075 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/bushi.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/valkyrian.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/blackrock.json]
11786076 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/zorg_hive.json]
11786077 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/sindrian_diktat.json]
11786077 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hegemony.json]
11786078 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/tritachyon.json]
11786078 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/hiigaran_descendants.json]
12913601 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: [infinity_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
java.lang.RuntimeException: [infinity_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.super.float$Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.commandQueue.CommandAddShip.executeCommand(CommandAddShip.java:25)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.commandQueue.CommandQueue.advance(CommandQueue.java:37)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
[close]

Whut? D: that fighter shouldn't exist! (yet)

What mod is [infinity_wing] from?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 10, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

Mine, but i haven't put it in yet so god knows how you got it. XD

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 10, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »

Mine, but i haven't put it in yet so god knows how you got it. XD

Haha well although I would like to claim I can see the future I don't think I have specified that wing yet? At least, not for the Valkyrians.

Latest Valkyrian generic fleet definition:
Code
"exerelinGenericFleet":{
            "displayName":"Generic Fleet",
            "maxFleetPoints":170,
            "daysWorthOfSupplies":[30, 50],
            "lyWorthOfFuel":[40, 60],
            "extraCrewPercent":[80, 80],
            "marinesPercent":[20, 20],
            "ships":{
                 "vatican_III_M":[0, 1],
                 "vatican_II_M":[0, 1],
                 "yoshura_AS":[0, 1],
                 "radiance_M":[0, 1],
                 "vatican_I_M":[0, 1],
                 "nirvana_III_M":[0, 1],
                 "nirvana_II_M":[0, 2],
                 "almire_II_A":[0, 2],
                 "almire_M":[0, 1],
                 "elfheim_M":[0, 1],
                 "heron_M":[0, 2],
                 "elysium_M":[0, 2],
                 "inquisitor_M":[0, 2],
                 "jenova_ECM":[0, 2],
                 "longinus_M":[0, 1],
                 "tesladora_M":[0, 1],
                 "yuusha_M":[0, 2],
                 "excalibur_corv_wing":[0, 2],
                 "helia_corv_wing":[0, 2],
                 "lightning_wing":[0, 4],
                 "azgard_wing":[0, 4],
                 "sahara_wing":[0, 6],
                 "morgiana_wing":[0, 6],
            },
        },

Are you sure you didn't add it yourself at some point? :) Otherwise, perhaps another mod also uses that name?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 10, 2013, 04:00:08 PM »

Its in my mod, but i've got the DEV and exerelin doesn't so i guess it calls error because its jealous of my fighter. (if only)

I'll delete/reinstall exerelin and see if i can make sense of it.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 141