Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Star Wars: Revisited (Project: LaserSpam)  (Read 88365 times)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Revisited (Project: LaserSpam)
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »

If you want starwars content search for Davidoff s mod. It has a relatively higher chance of seeing daylight.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2014, 02:44:52 AM »

That mod has been dead longer than this mod has. :-\

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2014, 06:57:37 AM »

The Star-Wars concept as a whole is extremely old, its not as exciting as it used to be. everyone has seen it, everyone has done it, people want something new and original.

Well, it's your opinion.. Personnaly, I would be really glad to play this game with Star Wars universe. By the way, for a lot of people, SW is more than a concept.

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »

Well, once again I am dusting off the archives. I have no idea if I can take my old work and make it function in the current version of Starsector, but I am damn well going to try. Even if I have to start over, I will be working on bringing this Mod back to life once again.

Current plan: Get existing ships to at least WORK in current release.

There will be 3 distinct versions of this mod (assuming I can). One will feature content and Lore (in theory) revolving around The Rebellion/New Republic Era (featuring Imperial Tech). The second will be Clone Wars specific (very fond of that timeline) and the Final Version will feature the Yuuzhan Vong. Eventually I will figure out how to merge all 3 into a playable setup. As of this moment I do NOT plan on using ANYTHING from the Force Awakens. I will be taking all my tech and lore from the first 6 movies, The Clone Wars TV show and the books that I have read in the Expanded Universe.

It will be some time before any kind of release is ready. I will be working around my job schedule and my family. My 8 month old son takes a lot of my time.

But the important thing is that I am back, and this project shall be reborn.

Our actions define our legacy.
NEVER assume you know more than your enemy.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2016, 05:02:47 AM »

yay, I love the clone wars arc so cant wait for this. Love the republic cruisers. :)

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »

Funny part is I actually HAD the Republic Cruisers (a.k.a. Venator Class) completed and in the old version of the mod. It was never implemented, but all the files were there. Finally found some good images to use for the CIS Frigate, Lucrehulk (Core and Complete), and the CIS Providence class. Also have good sprites (after some edits) for all of the Clone Wars Era fighter craft (Tri Droid Fighter, Hyena Bomber, Vulture Droid, ARC-170, Y-wing first gen, and 2 variants of the Jedi Starfighter. I forget the designations but I got em)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2016, 04:48:17 PM »

im exited, in the future do you have a plan for the empire of the hand, love dem phalanxes
May the fry be with you.

ShadowFox

• Lieutenant
  • Deserve Victory
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »

Possibly. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and my responsibilities (a.k.a. being a Dad) take priority.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »

Alright i get it :D
May the fry be with you.

CtrlAltDefeat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »

If you're still working on this mod, I'd like to offer some assistance :)

I was lead mod maker for the Star Wars Mod on a game called Endless Space and I have graphics/models for 50+ star wars ships along with a slew of HQ sounds. The game mechanics were a little bit the same for these 2 games, but Endless Space is more top down 1 ship than a squad esq game like this but has the same premise.

I'm just getting into this game and I'd like to mod it~

If anything and this mod is declared dead, I can revive it but that would take me a month or so to learn how to mod and start where this left off.

mattmios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2017, 07:25:30 AM »

Is there any way to get the 0.54a version? The 0.54a download link points to the 0.54.1a and there the mod does not start.

Thanks in advance ...

mattmios

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2017, 03:46:48 AM »

If you're still working on this mod, I'd like to offer some assistance :)

I was lead mod maker for the Star Wars Mod on a game called Endless Space and I have graphics/models for 50+ star wars ships along with a slew of HQ sounds. The game mechanics were a little bit the same for these 2 games, but Endless Space is more top down 1 ship than a squad esq game like this but has the same premise.

I'm just getting into this game and I'd like to mod it~

If anything and this mod is declared dead, I can revive it but that would take me a month or so to learn how to mod and start where this left off.

Any news from Nexus? Even by personal message?
I literally stumbled into this post after searching for a Star Wars related mod for Starsector because I was surprised nobody has made one yet... It turns out the mod exists, but it's not updated :P

Would love to see this mod be updated!

Dram

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »

If Nexus ever wants to get back into this, I'm game. Its been a while but I will continue my roll as lead tester and major assistant!

Dram

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2019, 08:50:02 PM »

If Nexus decides to resurface I will gladly jump back on this mod. Some of the most fun I've had in recent memory was testing this for him, and learning to code and sprite.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »

Hi there! While your sentiment is good I hope Nexus is encouraged by it, please refrain from posting in years old inactive threads, as per forum rules.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11