Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (0.54A) Parlay "Giving the pirates more" 0.8, Uomoz corvus compatible!  (Read 35962 times)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile

Parlay
The hidden base, tavern "VentFlux" cycle 207. Since the Hegemony had effectively shut off outside world contact.The hidden base was the only sign that piracy was still there in corvus.
Raiding was reduced to a suicide endavour, left to only the very brave, or desperate.

Two pirate captains sit in the corner. The bar is filled with shady folk, brimming with unhappiness.
"This is ridiculous captain Thrax." the other pirate looks up from the watery whiskey before him. "How are we to do, what we do?! Even the most honest raid is a trip to the locker now." The pirate remained silent, settled a little better,looking at his cup. " Relax my friend, now that the whiskey is getting watered i think action is required.

Sent out a message to all pirates in the sectors around us. It is time for a parlay."
And the pirate lords responded:

From the North:
The pirates of trade sector Trianon.

The pirates from Trianon get their ships just like they do in corvus: buying up the lowtech ships from wherever they can. Corrupt hegemony officers are well seen guest to these pirates, providing them with ships and info on convoys alike.Their ships are very similar to the corvus pirates in all ways, cheap and unremarkable, yet effective.

capital "parrot"                        cruiser "Wrath"    destroyer "Saint-Bernard"       fighter "Tachy"
From the East:
The scrapjackers from waste sector 1B.

The core world's waste sector hones the most creative pirates. They dont use standard autofactory ships, but make them from scrap, nicely delivered to them by the hegemony convoys. Their ships are heavily armored, but as soon that is gone the hull soon follows, as the ship structure is not the most solid.

cruiser "Queen"                           destroyer "duke"                      destroyer "earl"  fighter "squire"

From the South:

The Buccaneers from the terraformed sector Hether.

These  fine gents make their booze by holding hostage food convoys to force payment. Sometimes they just take it, because even pirate got to eat. They use mostly smaller ships with big front hardpoints ballistic weapons and missiles. these guys are hard nuts to crack, and know what they are doing.

cruiser "Nomad" cruiser "coyote" destroyer ''valkyrial'' fighter "firefly"

From the West:

WIP

Parlay aims to crate a better experience by adding more ships to the pirate faction. After all, who isnt the favorite punchbag of all factions, young and old alike? More ships to fight as player, and its will give the pirates more punch against other factions.

Uses sprites from medikohl,Thule and happyfache. Special thanks to Medikohl again, as i used his pirate faction in starsector plus as a lead.

I would like someone to give me a hand looking at my code as i am doing this the first time, much appreciated.

*WARNING* this is still a work in progress!

version 0.4 (old)
Changelog:
-First version of the mod, only has the trianon pirates in the game as of now.
- 14 more ships and a few weapons have been added to the pirate faction for your pleasure

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2gbptc3ax5rwqw

version 0.5
Changelog:
- The Scrapjackers have now been added to the pirates
- Added descriptions to the ships that still missed them
- Added missing shipsystem causing errors with the barnacle.
- re balanced fleet spawns as to many scouts where spawning.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g0pxgpg2e4btu67

version 0.6
- Additional changes to the fleets
- Hulls (should) are now being delivered by the pirate plunder fleet
- The Duke lost his shield, got 2000 flux in return.

http://www.mediafire.com/?29k5k768zaioo2a

version 0.6a
HOTFIX

- Fixed squire fighter being seen as independent ship, givings errors.
- downplayed amount of fighters/bombers being delivered by the plunder fleet

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izwa56x8w030f0x

version 0.65

- added more variants to all ships in this mod. All ships now have at least 2, mostly 3 variants.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j114d287wbry4bs

version 0.7
-buccaneers added! Featuring a very hefty fighter force, and mostly front weaponry based ships.
-some changes to fleet spawns again.
-all fleets will now properly spawn with all the new ships (thanks lazywizard and upgradecap!).
- the hidden base now has a variety of the new ships added to its inventory at the start of the game
-fixed errors with simulation with ghost ship giving crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jz48hdvqulcjrwi

version 0.7b

- Beagle lost his shield, got 100 armor and 200 flux capacity in return
- piker weapons arcs nerfed, will now perform better
- scouts will no longer hang around the hidden base like the lazy scum they are, but actually scout.
- some other minor things to ships

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pdq5d1654uzrx1c

version 0.75

- The black market arrives!
- sometimes instead of a normal plunder fleet a black market trader pops up, who will deliver weapons from all factions in corvus to the hidden base.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xzq2i32sfcz4ncs is now working properly.

version 0.8

-A big amount of changes to almost all ships in the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k47d4n68kl0yges

Balanced with codex 16 from Apophis
                                        Made to work with:

(warning, Uomoz has nothing do to with this mod, if you have                                            
                                                 problems with the mod, post it here, not in Uomoz' corvus thread.)

Need opinions/ reports on:
-  errors
- (im)balance
- The pitbull, is it to weak right now with only one in a wing? Should i leave it as is or add a second one?
- fleet composition, Do you guys prefer mixed fleets, so all styles mixed or all as separated as possible?

And thank you, for taking your time reading all this, giving me feedback and of course, downloading this mod!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:13:32 AM by maffo »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Parlay ship mod "Giving the pirates more"
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »

Actually I already implemented Pirates Plus for that very reason xD.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:38:00 AM »

In this version or the next one? I dont see it on the list. Anyway im still going to see what i can, could be interesting to try once.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:46:16 AM »

updated the post with a bit more info on the ships and new subfaction ships i want to add. Any help is once again appreciated!

229011 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - org.json.JSONException: Expected a ':' after a key at 6 [character 7 line 1]
org.json.JSONException: Expected a ':' after a key at 6 [character 7 line 1]
   at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:423)
   at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:208)
   at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:311)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.void(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Could anyone help me with this error?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:16:51 AM »

The broken file should be right above what you posted in the log, it's the line that says something like "Loading JSON from <filename>". The error's only 7 characters into the file, so it's probably on the first or second line.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »

Thank you! That will hopefully bring me a bit closer to making one part work.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »

first working beta version is up! Download it and tell me if you like it

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:53 AM »

main post is shaping up, showing most new subfactions im planning to add to the pirates.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »

New version is up! It has now 2 of 4 for subfactions in the game. Please download it and tell me how/if you like it!

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Parlay "Giving the pirates more"
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »

new version is now available, give it a chance. Combining it with oumoz corvus is recommended.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »

For me it crashed during my first fight.

Spoiler
14127 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/parlay/ships/parlay_beagle.png] as texture with id [graphics/parlay/ships/parlay_beagle.png]
14127 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 96,83 MB of texture data so far
14128 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/BR/ships/newbrdycruiser.png] as texture with id [graphics/BR/ships/newbrdycruiser.png]
14131 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 97,50 MB of texture data so far
14131 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/buffalo_dd.png]
14132 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 97,66 MB of texture data so far
14132 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png] as texture with id [graphics/ships/atlas_af.png]
14136 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 98,33 MB of texture data so far
14161 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.characters.skills.scripts.TargetAnalysisEffect1] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
14205 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.characters.skills.scripts.TargetAnalysisPerk1] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
14266 [Thread-9] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore  - Class [data.characters.skills.scripts.TargetAnalysisPerk2] already loaded (perhaps from jar file, or due to a reference from another class), skipping compilation.
14482 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id arcjetburner_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14483 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id desdinovajets_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14483 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id burstjets_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14483 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id burstjets_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14483 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id shrimpsensor_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14483 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id emergencyventing_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id flarelauncher_fighter_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id inferniuminjector_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id gravityfield_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id luciferdrive_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id skimmer_drone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14484 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id brdy_sentineldrone_SHIP_SYSTEM not found
14508 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/particlealpha32sq.png] as texture with id [fs.common/graphics/particlealpha32sq.png]
14513 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 98,33 MB of texture data so far
14627 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
55641 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
55930 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_Pirates_5241498024222203768...
56799 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
84864 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_Pirates_5241498024222203768...
85412 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
90978 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 110,33 MB of texture data so far
245910 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.õO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager$O0.saveStatus(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.saveAllDeployedAndDisabled(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.C.class.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.getResults(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.F.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.ÓO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOoO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.F.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 07:32:07 AM »

@Gothars a bit more detail would be nice (like what you did prior to the crash, what ships where present (both sides) etc.). Also, for bugtesting purposes, could you perhaps try to run with just parlay? I know it might not seem much, but since this is a null error, it'll help quite a lot.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

i dont see anything obvious in the error that would point me in the right direction. Could you do what upgrade said and just run parlay for a moment and try and engage again?

EDIT: I had a similar error, it is most likely cause by the squire fighters being seen as an independent ship, and not as a fighter wing, i will look into it and try to fix it. Tips are appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:50:31 AM by maffo »

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »

I was fighting a fleet of Squires, Piranhas and a Scarab in a Wolf. After defeating them the battle did not end but the game crashed after ~30 seconds. There might have been other ships outside my sensor range.

I will try the mod a bit standalone.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »

Yeah, its the Squires. There is no message about their destruction if you kill them. Just had another encounter with them, the battle did again not end. Leaving manually resulted in another fatal: null.

Pages: [1] 2 3