Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: weapon data.csv  (Read 4118 times)

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
weapon data.csv
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »

Hey, I'm getting a fatal weapon data.csv error, last time I got this which was in the .35 version I just fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling. This time I'm still getting it and I remember reading something about deleting ALL in that spreadsheet? I tried looking and couldn't figure out what to delete so I figured I might as well ask. Any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: weapon data.csv
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »

Are you using any mods/have you tweaked your files?

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »

Are you using any mods/have you tweaked your files?
I'm using the Confederacy of Free Stars mod and Ironclads, I tweaked random battle before hand and I saved the file so I wouldn't have to do it again, and replaced it, could that be causing it? Maybe the files are in the wrong order, Can you tell me how they go if it's alright? Also thanks for the incredibly quick reply Alex.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »

I'd suggest trying to run without the mods to narrow down where the problem is. If it still happens w/o them, you could reinstall to a different location just to grab a valid copy of weapon_data.csv (assuming you don't want to do a clean reinstall and lose your changes...)

Edit: moved this to the Modding section, because it doesn't seem like an issue with the core game.

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »

I'd suggest trying to run without the mods to narrow down where the problem is. If it still happens w/o them, you could reinstall to a different location just to grab a valid copy of weapon_data.csv (assuming you don't want to do a clean reinstall and lose your changes...)
Alright, thanks for the help man.

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »

Alright it was an issue with the CFS weapon csv files, just deleted/reinstalled it, works fine now, thanks Alex.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »

Glad you got it sorted out!