Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sim City  (Read 6721 times)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 03:26:38 PM »

Have you actually tried playing the game? The game works FINE! I'll say it again the game works JUST FINE! The game itself doesnt have any problems it's the bloody SERVERS that are the issue here.

-Sandremo
Did they take care of ghost sims after 500 population? Did they take care of AI that will take short road and make traffic jam and not use longer road to get on same place?
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »

Have you actually tried playing the game? The game works FINE! I'll say it again the game works JUST FINE! The game itself doesnt have any problems it's the bloody SERVERS that are the issue here.

-Sandremo
Did they take care of ghost sims after 500 population? Did they take care of AI that will take short road and make traffic jam and not use longer road to get on same place?

You know even humans do that. Not that i'm pointing fingers at anybody but people arent always that smart when it comes to driving. :D And the ghost sims... well i'm not quite sure how's that a problem? o_O I mean i havent heard about thease "Ghost sims".

Edit: And personally i dont care too much about the traffic jams.. i love to see them stuck on the traffic jams... and then get eaten by zombies. XD

-Sandremo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:36:29 PM by Sandremo »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »

You know even humans do that. Not that i'm pointing fingers at anybody but people arent always that smart when it comes to driving. :D And the ghost sims... well i'm not quite sure how's that a problem? o_O I mean i havent heard about thease "Ghost sims".
Well after 500 house (not population) in statistic it add +1 more sims but hi is not added in game, in simulation. When you look you got him on "paper", but he don't exist in game. Here it is:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a6oeo/proof_that_the_game_is_misleading_regarding/

Oh hey they repair traffic.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 05:47:22 PM »

No problems, huh? I've been seeing some stuff that suggests otherwise  :P

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Sure, the middle one is just a comparison between 2 games. But if you put a feature in your game and tout it as an "Ohmygawd awesomesauce" thing, they shoudl at least make a bloody attempt at making it an in-depth feature rather than a pathetic, half-arsed botch-job of it. Though I guess it fits in with the rest of the game in that way.

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »

It's sad when the devs did a lot of other things right, but mess up and completely fail at the little things that make the game feel polished and alive.

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 02:00:20 AM »

Will "Winston Sexton" make an appearance in everyone's cities?
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 03:30:44 AM »

No problems, huh? I've been seeing some stuff that suggests otherwise  :P

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Sure, the middle one is just a comparison between 2 games. But if you put a feature in your game and tout it as an "Ohmygawd awesomesauce" thing, they shoudl at least make a bloody attempt at making it an in-depth feature rather than a pathetic, half-arsed botch-job of it. Though I guess it fits in with the rest of the game in that way.

I havent personally encountered the problems in the 1st and 3rd pictures but the question is how many actually have encountered this? If the majority of players doesnt actually have that problem dont think that EA would actually do anything to fix it. I'm not saying that those problems dont exists... I just havent encountered them personally... For me the game runs just fine.

Edit: Okay i have seen 1 problem while playing the game was that... the zombies didnt come! Q_Q Nothing happened when the zombies escaped quarantine. Q_Q

-Sandremo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:34:27 AM by Sandremo »

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 07:45:15 AM »

There's also this wonderful example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDeSRdHvefw

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »

Tis more like simSHITTY, ZING!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)
Pages: 1 [2]