Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Simcity mess  (Read 6850 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Simcity mess
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »

It's a wonderful state that the industry has reached, isn't it? The criminals get to play the games they get for free with impunity, yet the paying customers get treated like pirates and have their game seize up/crash on a routine basis.

And people think role reversal movies are funny.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »

Nooz just in! EA CEO has quit. Hmmm...
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »

I don't think that the EA CEO stepping down is going to change much, UNLESS they get in someone who actually cares about gaming. Even if they do, the EA reputation has been tarnished by all the crap they put out now.

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:37 PM »

I don't think that the EA CEO stepping down is going to change much, UNLESS they get in someone who actually cares about gaming. Even if they do, the EA reputation has been tarnished by all the crap they put out now.
EA never had any reputation to begin with lol. EA, voted the worst company in America, are just money hungry C**** who doesnt care about anything else.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

EA never had any reputation to begin with lol. EA, voted the worst company in America, are just money hungry C**** who doesnt care about anything else.

Actually, before the whole Spore debacle, they were actually held in moderate-to-high regard. Coincidentally, I believe that's about the same time as Mr. Just-Recently-Quit got the job as CEO. So there may be some small hope there. Hell, in the old days, the classic "Electonic Arts" logo was a sign that it was going to be a decent game.

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »

Actually, before the whole Spore debacle, they were actually held in moderate-to-high regard. Coincidentally, I believe that's about the same time as Mr. Just-Recently-Quit got the job as CEO. So there may be some small hope there. Hell, in the old days, the classic "Electonic Arts" logo was a sign that it was going to be a decent game.

Aye... doesnt matter what EA does it wont get itself out of this hole that easily... and let's not talk about all the good studios EA hammered to the ground with their "Nice ideas" and then closed right afterwards... Westwood and Bullfrog are gone because of EA =/ Both of those studios made fantastic games back in the day. Stuff like Populous and Red Alert. Personally i cant remember where things started to go wrong. In my memory at 1 moment EA was making good games and then just out of nowhere "MORE MONEH! NEED MORE MONEH!!!!!". Hell if EA wouldnt have destroyed bullfrog we might actually have a dungeon keeper 3.

Anyways let's see how this turns out in the end.

-Sandremo

Decer304

• Commander
  • Starsector starts with the letter "S"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »

EA kills successful and great franchises. Every franchise they acquire gets ruined.
"Kat, 6, push back the attack on Sword Base find out what we are dealing with"

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »

Is this new news to you guys?

http://worldsims.org/playing-simcity-offline-with-azzeruk/3512/

It was to me.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »

Is this new news to you guys?

http://worldsims.org/playing-simcity-offline-with-azzeruk/3512/

It was to me.
I've known for quite a damn while now :P
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »

Well, since this is EA we're talking about - playing F2P SW:TOR is wildly different to the subbed SW:TOR. I can't use any of my titles anymore, I can hardly use... anything. And I'm Preferred (ex-sub)! Disgraceful chopping. I expect much the same to occur to SimVillage.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:49:21 PM by Xareh »
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 [2]