Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 553356 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #855 on: September 13, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »

Could you possibly send me a vanilla save where this happens? (fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com). I just tried it vs a pirate plunder fleet - whittled it down to just Tarsuses and a bunch of mothballed ships. At that point, they wanted to retreat and I had the "pursue them" option, so it was working as it's supposed to in that case.
sorry. I wasn´t clear enough i think :) the last battle is the "retreating battle" so this one works as supposed ( pursue )
the bug i think is that you can lose versus transports because they won´t deploy so you will/could run out of deploys before the enemy does.

I still don't understand; after you've had the "pursue" battle, it shouldn't be possible to have any more battles - at all - in the same encounter. Also, in the pursue battle, all of the enemy ships are deployed automatically - including mothballed stuff.

Hmm. Let me check something - there's a case where if the retreating fleet is very large, it won't do the "pursue" battle because it's too big to deploy all at once. That could definitely cause this problem where it decides to fight because it's too large, despite not having any combat ships. But that still shouldn't be the issue if you're getting to the "pursue them" option.

Euh, Alex, regarding to that bug me and Chronosfear posted;
I wasn't aware new columns had been added to ship_data.csv. Is there a possibility it has to do with my ships lacking the CR to deploy?

I am amazed my mods work fine without all these columns by the way. Are they all optional?

Looks like your ships are combat-ready, or they'd have the red "crossed out star" icon over them. Fairly sure you're running into the 2nd case I mentioned above, where the fleet ought to run but it's too big - will check into this.

And yeah, if the columns are missing, it'll try to compute some halfway-reasonable option for the ships, based on hull size.

Okay, that little bit of UI that shows up in the bottom left corner of the screen in the campaign view? Loving it.

Glad you like! That was a joint effort that took quite a bit of time and iteration :)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 13, 2013, 05:59:44 PM »

hmm,
I think we got each other wrong.
after the pursue there arent anymore battles ... yep..

but before.
ex:
1st battle : normal ( fighting enemy ships )
2nd battle : normal ( fighting ships that survived the 1st battle etc. )
3rd battle : instant victory ( enemy only got transports left but doesn´t deploy them )
4th-x-th battle : instant victory ( as 3rd one but their DR is slowly droping due to the "harass" after the battle ) <- that is the one i think is wrong *
last battle : normal ( pursue )

* cause : if fleet ai wants to fight but not the battle ai ( so i have to harass the transports down because they won´t get deployed in battle )
In the end if you don´t have enough CR left before his transports run out of CR you won´t get any loot ( some sort of loss ) , but 1 battle versus those transport or getting into a pursued battle when he only got his transports left should solve it

so just the "middle" part is somewhat wrong.
i hope this explains it better.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »

Yes, thank you - really appreciate you breaking it down. I think that is the issue with the fleet being "too large" to retreat, will see what I can do there.

Luftwaffle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 13, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »

It's.... sooo... beautiful!  ;D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 13, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »

3:25 am, came back from a beer with friends. GOOD LUCK WITH MY SLEEP.

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 13, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »

GOOD LUCK WITH SLEEP UOMOZ!

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »

If you accidentally click on a fleet you're not hostile with and then select let them go (big enough to make them retreat I guess) it still is a hit to your reputation and they're now hostile

noego

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »

My smile has the shine of 1000 suns right now. Thanks!!!!!

Karlito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 13, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »

New UI is pretty good, but my brain will take some time to get used to it. I do have one complaint though. When looting after a battle, I've twice left without taking anything at all, despite dropping items into my inventory/cargo bay. I guess it's possible to leave the screen without hitting that confirm button.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 13, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »

I do have one complaint though. When looting after a battle, I've twice left without taking anything at all, despite dropping items into my inventory/cargo bay. I guess it's possible to leave the screen without hitting that confirm button.

Thanks for mentioning it! Just checked - this does happen if you exit it by pressing the power button in the top right. Will fix that up for the 0.6.1a release. In the meantime, if you press "Escape" on your keyboard, or the "Continue" button in the UI, it will not deprive you of your hard-earned loot :)

miro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 13, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »

This is glorious. Sorry for whining at you Alex.
Hey brah.

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 13, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »

So it begins, the golden age of mods begins to dawn on us.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 13, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »

Just adding my *** ya to the greater song of *** ya's

Madgamer13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 13, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »

Awesome content patch, keeping a fleet alive requires more than chain battles now.  I love it.  Cheers Alex!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »

God, it's so good. Feel like a completely, and better, different game.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71