Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 553382 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #840 on: September 13, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »

First impressions: love the UI for the most part, love the CR system, supplies are a little pricey, don't like not being able to see your fleet when buying ships and only transferring one ship at a time. can't play with fleet compositions as easily :-\

Cool! Re: supplies - that's kind of the point, though I suspect it'll require more balancing down the road. Definitely want them to be a major consideration, though, rather than just something you mindlessly stock up on now and again.

As far as the fleet screen, I know what you mean. It was just a question of not being able to fit a side-by-side layout, given that the ship views are larger. (For quicker buying/selling, you can hover and press b->space or s->space, btw.)

Minor notice: when a ship you're pursuing goes through the jump gate you don't lose target or follow them through you start going up and right on the map. maybe I'll take a really efficient ship and just let it follow until I find out what it's targeting lol

Ahh. Added to list of things to fix. What it's doing is it's chasing the coordinates of the target, as if it was still in the same location.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »

Ah, thank you! Hmm. Those look like modded ships on your side, are their deployment point costs really low? For some reason the campaign AI is thinking that it wants to fight, while the battle AI doesn't. Could be a bug, but looking at the code, it *should* properly account for mothballed ships (which would be another way this could happen, if the campaign AI assumed those were available for the fight.)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 13, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »

Ah, thank you! Hmm. Those look like modded ships on your side, are their deployment point costs really low? For some reason the campaign AI is thinking that it wants to fight, while the battle AI doesn't. Could be a bug, but looking at the code, it *should* properly account for mothballed ships (which would be another way this could happen, if the campaign AI assumed those were available for the fight.)
Can confirm this with vanilla ...
The don´t deploy their transports , that is why you instantly win but they still lose their deployment % ...
so you should win in the end
But i think there is another bug because i wasn´t able to plunder anything after they haven´t got any ships left.
I must try that again to confirm
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 13, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »

I love this new update, the game runs smoother. And the new sound effects are awesome, firing all my PD guns in a Lasher sounds like music! ;D. The new backgrounds and UI look fantastic.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 13, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

As far as the fleet screen, I know what you mean. It was just a question of not being able to fit a side-by-side layout, given that the ship views are larger. (For quicker buying/selling, you can hover and press b->space or s->space, btw.)

Is there any way to upgrade your ship then? I only have one ship, I am 1.5k short of the ship I'd like to buy, but I can't because I can't buy the new ship and sell the old one at the same time.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #845 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:35 PM »

@Alex:

Deployment points = Fleet points in the .csv file?
Then my ships are balanced, so nope. :)

I just noticed interactability with planets. Whee!

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 13, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »

Bla
Bla

Ok, just tried again.
They didn´t deploy their transports ( confirmed )
to win you have to "harass" them after the instant victory until they can´t deploy anymore. ( just deploy a single ship and hope you got enough readiness till the run out)
-> this is probably the bug
After that the last battle should follow where all enemy ships are retreating

Gandhi (Civ)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 13, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »

Bla
Bla

Ok, just tried again.
They didn´t deploy their transports ( confirmed )
to win you have to "harass" them after the instant victory until they can´t deploy anymore. ( just deploy a single ship and hope you got enough readiness till the run out)
-> this is probably the bug
After that the last battle should follow where all enemy ships are retreating

Could you possibly send me a vanilla save where this happens? (fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com). I just tried it vs a pirate plunder fleet - whittled it down to just Tarsuses and a bunch of mothballed ships. At that point, they wanted to retreat and I had the "pursue them" option, so it was working as it's supposed to in that case.

@Alex:
Deployment points = Fleet points in the .csv file?
Then my ships are balanced, so nope. :)

Yeah. Hmm...

Is there any way to upgrade your ship then? I only have one ship, I am 1.5k short of the ship I'd like to buy, but I can't because I can't buy the new ship and sell the old one at the same time.

No, you have to save enough to buy the new hull outright.

I love this new update, the game runs smoother. And the new sound effects are awesome, firing all my PD guns in a Lasher sounds like music! ;D. The new backgrounds and UI look fantastic.

:) Glad to hear it!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 13, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »

I really like the higher prices for supplies. Higher upkeep and more micro management is what I'm enjoying. The early struggle keeps things interesting. Even with all these increased costs I'm still finding it way too easy to obtain new ships. I'd like to see their prices increased at least three-fold. But I realise that these things still have to be balanced out.

[edit]
I find myself taking supplies into consideration every time I am about to leave port. Am I going on a long voyage? Do I need a lot of supplies? Can I afford enough? Do I have enough fuel to make it back to Corvus?

These are all good things.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:23:55 PM by Erick Doe »

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 13, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »

Could you possibly send me a vanilla save where this happens? (fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com). I just tried it vs a pirate plunder fleet - whittled it down to just Tarsuses and a bunch of mothballed ships. At that point, they wanted to retreat and I had the "pursue them" option, so it was working as it's supposed to in that case.
sorry. I wasn´t clear enough i think :) the last battle is the "retreating battle" so this one works as supposed ( pursue )
the bug i think is that you can lose versus transports because they won´t deploy so you will/could run out of deploys before the enemy does.

"-> this is probably the bug" belongs to the line above  --> "to win you have to "harass" them after the instant victory until they can´t deploy anymore."

Gandhi (Civ)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 13, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

Okay, that little bit of UI that shows up in the bottom left corner of the screen in the campaign view? Loving it.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 13, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »

Indeed. :) Although it looks bit out of place in windowed mode.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 13, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »

Beautiful! A shame I have to sleep now. How great that I wake up again tomorrow :D
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #853 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

Euh, Alex, regarding to that bug me and Chronosfear posted;
I wasn't aware new columns had been added to ship_data.csv. Is there a possibility it has to do with my ships lacking the CR to deploy?

I am amazed my mods work fine without all these columns by the way. Are they all optional?

@Gothars: How can you sleep at a time like this? :O

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 13, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »

I really like the higher prices for supplies. Higher upkeep and more micro management is what I'm enjoying. The early struggle keeps things interesting. Even with all these increased costs I'm still finding it way too easy to obtain new ships. I'd like to see their prices increased at least three-fold. But I realise that these things still have to be balanced out.

[edit]
I find myself taking supplies into consideration every time I am about to leave port. Am I going on a long voyage? Do I need a lot of supplies? Can I afford enough? Do I have enough fuel to make it back to Corvus?

These are all good things.

I've found the high supply prices make things much simpler, actually.  You can kit out a second Lasher with your starting funds by selling some of your supplies, and then if you bring a ship with some cargo room to a decent fight you can pretty routinely walk away with fifteen thousand credits worth of surplus supplies on top of any other rewards.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71