Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 553284 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #825 on: September 13, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

not going to lie.. saw the (Starsector 0.6a is out!) and first thing i said out loud was HOLY S**T. then immediately after that this came to mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NEU6Xf7lM

in short. as you said was a long wait.. well worth the price of admission and would do  it again. Thank You Alex and Co, that are behind the scenes that we don't see as often.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

nonomo4

• Lieutenant
  • The Light!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 13, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »

"Looks at announcements": "Mind Blows up"  :D

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #827 on: September 13, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »

I absolutely LOVE the gigantic battle space. I always felt it was too small and crowded.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 13, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »

Where do you want feedback on the new stuff? Here or general discussion?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 13, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »

Where do you want feedback on the new stuff? Here or general discussion?

If it's more involved than a first impression, it probably should go under general. So, I guess it kind of depends - use your judgment :) As long as this thread doesn't start getting bogged down with multiple simultaneous discussions, here is good too.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 13, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »

I absolutely LOVE the gigantic battle space. I always felt it was too small and crowded.

Cool! IIRC a thread talking about how a lot of the time fighting was spent near borders ended up triggering this. What finally made it click was adding travel drive so that reinforcements effectively "start" pretty far from the border and don't have to go through the whole map to get to the enemy.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »

Great new portraits, thank you David. At last more skintones ;) And now pls 100 more ;)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #832 on: September 13, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »

Very nice, Alex. I also love the planets present in battles. I swear they weren't there before. :)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 13, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »

Very nice, Alex. I also love the planets present in battles. I swear they weren't there before. :)
They most certainly weren't. It's nice to fight in orbit of a planet.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 13, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »

I also love the planets present in battles. I swear they weren't there before. :)

Not in the campaign, no. And planets used to be in the foreground, but are now part of the background. They're also bigger if the fight is closer to one :)

(Protip: you can tell where on the map you are by where the planet is on your screen. It's at the center when you're at the center, near the top when you're at the bottom, etc.)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #835 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »

I don't fully understand the battle specifics yet.
I keep attacking a rather large pirate fleet and after destroying his battle ready ships I win the battle.
He has 4 battle ready Tarsusses left in the statistics screen, but when I harass and attack him, the battle is instantly over and the Tarsusses are still in the statistics screen with their CR seemingly not decreased.

At that point I can only disengage and flee or try attacking them again, leading to the same result. *scratches head*

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 13, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »

As far as I know, Tarsus' are classed as CIVILIAN ships, and thus are instantly retreated (unless given a different command).  I don't think much CR is lost from this, though why they aren't losing CR from going into battle is a bit confusing.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 13, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »

Can you post a screenshot? Not quite sure what's going on there.

Edit: a screenshot of the interaction dialog, that is. You should be getting an option to pursue if the enemy wants to run, and at least some of your ships are fast enough.

Edit #2: just did a bit of testing to verify that the CR loss and pursuit options work, at least in the cases I was testing, which seem the same as yours.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:29:47 PM by Alex »

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 13, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »

First impressions: love the UI for the most part, love the CR system, supplies are a little pricey, don't like not being able to see your fleet when buying ships and only transferring one ship at a time. can't play with fleet compositions as easily :-\

Minor notice: when a ship you're pursuing goes through the jump gate you don't lose target or follow them through you start going up and right on the map. maybe I'll take a really efficient ship and just let it follow until I find out what it's targeting lol

edit: further complaint against the one ship at a time, you can't upgrade your first ship with the money for the difference. ie you can't sell your last ship and you don't have enough money to straight up buy the new ship but you only need 1000 cr or so until you can buy the new ship
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:52:01 PM by ciago92 »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #839 on: September 13, 2013, 04:34:08 PM »

Sure, here:
Spoiler
[close]
- I move in to engage, I instantly 'win' (because there are no enemy ships in the field)
- I can then harry the reserves or flee.

Spoiler
[close]
- After I harry the reserves I can either attack or flee.
- After attacking I instantly 'win' again, no enemies in the field.

I can only flee out of this battle in order to end it.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71