Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 553452 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #555 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:55 PM »

XD Campaign scripts! Oh noes! I have to copy/paste/fill-in-the-blanks again! Oh well, that's what I get for developing my mod really late in the update. ::)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »

Are there going to be changes to the generators for fleets, such as the player fleet etc. and will there also be changes to the way a player may choose the starting ship, or is that mostly the same?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:02 AM »

So, my current mod will be broken? The file structure will have to be changed, right? Ok, on a scale of 1 to 10, how many things will be broken? Gah, I'm such a noob.

Some things will be broken, mostly to do with campaign scripts. Things like ship and weapon data will be just fine, though. Unless your weapons are relying on core sounds; those might have to be adjusted, but that's a pretty simple change.

Basically, I'm taking some care not to break things, and certainly not to break them without at least a half-decent reason :)

Breaking things will only get exponentially worse as StarSector matures, so break stuff now if in doubt :) Otherwise you will be upset with yourself!  :D

Also, is http://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/ close to being updated again? :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #558 on: August 08, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

So, my current mod will be broken? The file structure will have to be changed, right? Ok, on a scale of 1 to 10, how many things will be broken? Gah, I'm such a noob.

Some things will be broken, mostly to do with campaign scripts. Things like ship and weapon data will be just fine, though. Unless your weapons are relying on core sounds; those might have to be adjusted, but that's a pretty simple change.

Basically, I'm taking some care not to break things, and certainly not to break them without at least a half-decent reason :)

Oh man...

And i have almost finished restructuring my Ironclads. Seems that i`ll spend a month or so just to adapt them to the new 0.6a...

BTW, wanted to ask if it would be possible to specify a starting position (system - specific location in it) so that players would be able to fully enjoy their faction pick after creation (and not end up in the middle of enemy controlled system with just a freighter :) ).

Any chances that we will get some basic trade scripts? At least to simply differentiate buy/sell prices - the resources we`ll add by ourselves :)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 08, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

Alex has already said no about direct price manipulation for 0.6, so I'm thinking that we'll still have to use the concept prototyped by FairyEN, which has a really nice trade system :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #560 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »

Well, that`s bad since multiple systems will certainly lack that...

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 08, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »

It should be possible to use that system in multiple systems just fine.  Take a look at how that was done, it's a little irksome to develop the resources but it's straightforward otherwise.  The big problem is how to do it in a dynamic context- that will get a bit tricky but not too bad :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 08, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »

I've added a thread to modding for the design of a utility mod to add variable prices: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6486

Lets move the conversation there to that this thread stays on the topic of .6a. And also because I could use feedback.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2013, 12:44:21 AM »

Thanks for the continued development Alex, I'm really looking forward to seeing all the fantastic changes made over the past year.  I'm sure you're excited to finally release it into the hands of the players.

kasbark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2013, 01:06:28 AM »

As someone who has taken a break from Starsector for the last few months i'm really looking forward to 0.6a! I think i'll take a few weeks more (hopefully not more than that :-) off and come back when 0.6a is released, and some of the bigger mods have been updated.

Keep up the amazing work Alex!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2013, 10:32:45 AM »

Thanks guys :)

Also, is http://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/ close to being updated again? :)

Wasn't planning on it until the release, but I'll see if I can get around to it before then. Probably not, though, the closer one gets to a release, the less time there is for "getting around" to non-essential things :)

Are there going to be changes to the generators for fleets, such as the player fleet etc. and will there also be changes to the way a player may choose the starting ship, or is that mostly the same?

Probably mostly/entirely the same, but we'll see.

BTW, wanted to ask if it would be possible to specify a starting position (system - specific location in it) so that players would be able to fully enjoy their faction pick after creation (and not end up in the middle of enemy controlled system with just a freighter :) ).

Oh, glad you mentioned that! Actually not sure how that works (which probably means it doesn't), will take a look.

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

Please for the love of god release a new version of the game, I love your game so much that I check almost daily for updates and I can't believe its been about 8 months since the last version came out :)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »

Oh hm.  Maybe I just missed it, but speaking of moddable AI, will we be able to make custom missile AIs?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FloW

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 09, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »

Please for the love of god release a new version of the game, I love your game so much that I check almost daily for updates and I can't believe its been about 8 months since the last version came out :)
Love of god actually has quite a bad exchange rate. I don't think you can even buy a loaf of bread with it.
When the new version comes out, it will be glorious and noone will question The One and his decision to push back the release date.

Disclaimer: This is in no way intended to start an argument about religion. Just saying that Alex pulls the strings and will release the new version whenever he wants. Also, the new version will be pretty wizard.

Oh hm.  Maybe I just missed it, but speaking of moddable AI, will we be able to make custom missile AIs?
Just checked the current notes: There're ships, fighters, autofire and drones; but for now no missiles.
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later.''
- Ford Prefect, creator of the giraffe; a very long time ago

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 09, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »

Yeah, I actually just forgot about 'em; remembered the other day and added it to the list.

@Bishi: Appreciate the enthusiasm, doing my best, etc etc :)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71