Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pirates Plus - expanded Vanilla Pirates  (Read 41520 times)

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates Plus - expanded Vanilla Pirates
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 04:09:45 AM »

The bit immidietly over the bridge that is in the foreground- it's a bit off to me. Seems to be blurred too much.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 06:34:23 AM »

Good looking ship, but directly in front of the bridge that is a piece of what looks like a turret and it is really throwing me off :P lol

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 05:13:45 PM »

Glossed up the paintjob a bit, adjusted front. I wanted it to look ramshackle, but I guess it was a bit too much.

EDIT: oh, and added a small missile hardpoint next to the large and medium missile hardpoint. Missiles are a pirate's friend!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:54:26 PM by Cycerin »

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:36 PM »

Looks pimp! Maybe a cruiser now? Or a Buffalo MK. Pirate? :P

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 04:13:52 AM »

Absolutely great, can't see the difference between these ships and vanilla ones. You never cease to amaze me.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »

Aw, thanks.

The Bull-class destroyer is a popular conversion of the Buffalo Mark II for raider captains with the money and connections to make it work. Capable of mounting a large ballistic weapon to its spinal hardpoint and blessed with a weak shield emitter, the Bull's biggest improvement over the Buffalo II is its advanced engine system and vastly improved hull integrity.

A credible threat to most destroyers and frigates in the Sector, those who scoff at the Buffalo II still secretly fear that one of the murky shapes in a pirate combat fleet will turn out to be a charging Bull.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »

OMG man, I need those ships right now. I love the Bull!

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32517861/Pirates%20Plus.zip

You can playtest the variants in devmode here. There is zero campaign integration at the moment. :P

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »

Yay! Thanks. :D

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

You're welcome ;D Any gameplay feedback is very much appreciated.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »

I'll just save edit the ships in and play around a bit... but first sleep. :P

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »

Did you get any chance to mess around with'em?

I was thinking of making pirate "jobs" of higher-tech weapons, like a Pirate Needler or Pirate Hypervelocity Driver or a Pirate AM blaster, but I don't want to deviate from the base game too much. It's just always a temptation for me to mod weapons, because it's so much fun. Either way, the Pirate Needler would have reduced range and reduced OP cost, probably, as well as a much higher projectile spread and a grungier, more worn-out sprite, and so forth.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »

Yea! I played with Bull and later with Renegade while Shark was controlled by Ai. Here are my thoughts on each of the ships:

Bull- It's a great improvement over Buffalo mk2 although you still feel its a Buffalo. The armor could be slightly higher or the shields could be a bit better. Also with its current OP and flux cap/dissipation the big slot is a bit pointless unless you go specifically for the skills that increase flux capabilities. To balance the dissipation rate you either have to choose to go for something like a hephaestus + super low tier ballistics with no missiles or go for a mid wep in the big slot and some good missiles/ballistics cause you will be generating too much flux. On the other hand with good character build you can wreck *** with it.

Renegade- I love this thing- its a great capital. Boss looks, great armor, great shields although waaaay too cheap for what it does. I got my for 78k. With its current performance the price can be easily increased to something around 100k.

Shark- As I said i haven't piloted it but from what I saw the AI did pretty good job. I tested few variants- Thumpers + machine guns for pd+ anihilators in front slots or H.Maulers+m.guns for pd+antimatters in front. The first one was a bit better- the flux was a bit of a problem but again skills would probly be the answer.

Those are my presonal impressions of the ships. Overall I think they are pretty great.

Cycerin

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the valuable feedback.

I think I'm gonna wait and see where the Bull ends up. It's in a pretty good place now, I think - the good thing about having a large weapon in such a small ship is that you can force the enemy to be at higher hard flux than you if you approach safely. And from there with all the missiles, you can make short work of them. In addition, it's a Buffalo series ship and as such it needs to retain a tiny bit of its ancestral...

... charm.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 04:32:21 PM »

the more Mk the less shields IMHO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3