Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PD missiles  (Read 5155 times)

billi999

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: PD missiles
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »

It's not an AI problem because I tested the weapon as my flagship, the problem is that the missile just doesn't target missiles.

Sonlirain: Thanks, but I've already had success with PD missiles and know they are possible, it's just MIRV PD missiles that don't seem to work  ;)

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: PD missiles
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »

I think its a good idea, but I would increase the ammo for one as if its a PD system it needs to shoot out a large quantity to (hopefully) hit a missile, and I would increase the OP to 10 as it seems like a military weapon so not widely available for commercial use.

I actually disagree with the latter notion! Private superyachts in the real world do mount anti-missile countermeasures (e.g., the Eclipse). The details are sketchy, since seems to suggest more that it's just radar and ECM, but it's not a huge leap to imagine flares, interceptor missiles, and the like in a sci-fi universe.

Since the Starfarerverse is post-Collapse, legal restrictions pretty much go out the window in favour of not 'taking the sky' from anyone, too, and if anything needs defence against missiles in the Corvus system it's a big hulking freighter or an otherwise-unarmed luxury yacht.
Pages: 1 [2]