Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396589 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

The music file should be disabled by default, if I recall correctly.

Rafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm kind of new to Starsector so forgive me if the answer is self-explanatory.

I have my rep with the Scavs currently at 50/100 do to donations (Steiner mod ability, can only donate to a max of 50/100), but since the Corv Scavs don't consider pirates an enemy, nor has their enemy been anything but the luddic path (which I can't seem to find them to hunt them for faction pts).

I have no idea how to increast my rep past 50/100 in order to get to "friendly" status except by hunting luddic path (which aren't really around much that I can find).

Any tips?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:52:32 PM by Rafe »

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I will have to adjust something in a later release (probably after Starsector 0.8 is out) to make it easier to gain rep with the Scavengers.  Since they currently only have one station in Corvus, I didn't want allying with the Scavengers to hurt your ability to buy ships elsewhere so I set them to be neutral with everyone except the Pathers who have no stations of their own and who nobody else likes anyway.  The drawback of them being neutral towards everyone is that it makes it almost impossible to gain serious rep with them if you're not playing with Nexerelin.  For a quick workaround, I suggest using Console Commands and cheating yourself some reputation with "setrelation corvus_scavengers 100".  Alternately you could use the same command to set them to be outright hostile to another faction and earn your rep by fighting their new enemy (example: "setrelation corvus_scavengers pirates -100").

With the changes to salvage/capture mechanics that are coming in 0.8, it might be interesting to let the player gain Scavenger rep by donating captured mothballed ships to them.  Once 0.8 is out I may try adding a new facility to the Scrapyard that lets you do that.  As a bonus it would give the player a reason to capture ships even if you don't want to use them, like most (D) ships.

Rafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sounds like you have some really fun ideas ahead :)

And thanks for the help!

Let me just say that I LOVE your ships because they really make me pause to think about how I'm going to outfit and use each one.
TUP's ships really have their own personality when outfitting (which is unique, and exactly what I enjoy) and makes the thought process unconventional for each one.
They say that a fun, fulfilling game is one that is made up of a series of interesting choices. Your mod has that in spades  :)

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the mod!  All of the ships were made by Erick but I may add a couple of my own in the future.  I took a liking to the TUP ships both because of their overall style and because of the outfitting choices they offer.

Rafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It will be neat to see what changes you make and what ships you think up!

You're cool in my book :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

With the changes to salvage/capture mechanics that are coming in 0.8, it might be interesting to let the player gain Scavenger rep by donating captured mothballed ships to them.  Once 0.8 is out I may try adding a new facility to the Scrapyard that lets you do that.  As a bonus it would give the player a reason to capture ships even if you don't want to use them, like most (D) ships.

Really like that idea!

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile

Im so happy to see my first and favorite mod is back in action, great job man

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile

I fell in love with this mod the moment I saw it :)
The ships look good, feel good and I can really feel the progression and attachment to my ship as I level up, making the ship stronger. The only mod that made me feel like this before was Blackrock and it's Nevermore cruiser.

You should make more capital ships, I know they would be great as always :D Perhaps a broadside intenside capital ;)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

Wonderful! This mod made me like the Hermit-class even more and thanks to the mod's extra hull-mods I can add now.. well, it's basically a game over for the opposition. Loving it!
Didn't know much about how it was supposed to work in terms of config settings and their features as it was originally intended for Hermit.

Apart from making my love for the Hermit-class even more "set-in-stone", it sure is nice to see this mod resurrected, finally a faction that manages to offer me something precious, something that neither the default pirate faction or the faction from Tiandong mod couldn't and that is simple: Loving your own ship that has been built from scavenged parts, derelicts and welded together to make it all something new and fierce and yet something that when some officials look at it they think that it's some sort of "junk" ..but once it's fixed up and ready to fly more-or-less again it can surpass anything built by some fancy governments or corporations.

To semi-quote captain Mal: "It ain't all buttons and charts. You know what the first rule of flying is? ..Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."

And that quote has been stuck with me even before I watched the show as in there's something to respect about from ancient to old spaceships that still work after years and years of usage and harsh punishments either from combat or the very raw wild nature of life in space ranging from time dilation, meteor showers, asteroids, comets, escaped exo-planets in the dark to black holes, anomalies and colossal objects and unknown forces in general, aka "the turning of the worlds".
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello there guys. I want to ask if this is compatible with Nexerelin's Corvus mode. It looks absolutely awesome. It is always nice to see mods of the past rise again! Thank you for the effort to make and revive it ;D
Ignorance is bliss..

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hello there guys. I want to ask if this is compatible with Nexerelin's Corvus mode. It looks absolutely awesome. It is always nice to see mods of the past rise again! Thank you for the effort to make and revive it ;D

This is compatible with Corvus mode, although the Scavengers only have their Scrapyard station in Corvus so they will be outnumbered in the Sector.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah I see. Make me want to befriend them and protect them.. well except if some Templar will decide to visit. Thanks a lot for the answer CaptainWinky and definitely thank you for reviving this =)
Ignorance is bliss..

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

While we all anxiously wait for SS 0.8, I decided I'd try to implement something in 0.7.2.  Here's the result.

Spoiler
Commander Alison DeMar, an up-and-coming officer of the Hegemony fleet in Corvus, recently conducted some successful raids against the pirates on Barad A.  She deployed a sizeable force of marines to board a couple of pirate ships that survived the battles mostly intact.  The ships in question were a Venture(D) and a Hound(D).  Many commanders wouldn't bother to capture ships in such poor condition.  However, DeMar had been looking for a way to establish trade relations with the nearby Corvus Scavengers and knew that they would be interested in the decrepit vessels.  The ships were taken with few casualties, so DeMar sent her fleet to the Scrapyard station to make a special delivery.

She hailed the station.  A shady-looking trader told her that Scavengers dropped off their unwanted hulls at the station's Shipbreaking Facility to be processed.

Of course this was a donation, not a sale.  She hoped it would pay off in the future when the Scavengers warmed up to her a bit and let her buy some of their higher-end ships.  For now, all she could do was drop off the ships and hope it helped relations.

Within a day of DeMar's delivery, shipbreaker crews started working on the wrecks.  If she managed to seize any more unwanted ships, she knew where to bring them.

[close]

Tore Up Plenty V7e

As with other mods, be sure to delete your old TUP folder before unzipping this one.  This will probably break existing TUP saves.

short changelog
Spoiler
Version 7e
----------

+ Added shipbreaking facility to Scrapyard.  Prove your worth by donating scrap to the cause!
+ Scavengers no longer require commissions to purchase higher-end ships
+ Nerfed Talus's cargo and fuel capacity to 100 each
[close]

The Shipbreakers will not pay you but they will give you a rep boost with the Scavengers shortly after you drop off junk ships.  You get a 3/6/9/12 point boost for frigates/destroyers/cruisers/capitals.  Fighter wings are worth 2 points, but this will probably be pointless in SS 0.8 due to the upcoming changes in fighter mechanics.  Thanks to Dark.Revenant, whose ship conversion submarket script gave me the basis for this script.

I may add some new Scavenger stations soon.  Also since Alex mentioned the possibility of paying to remove (D) hullmods from ships in 0.8, I think I'll let the Scavengers provide that service at a lower price depending on your reputation.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Playing in Nexerelin currently on Corvus mode with version 7d and I saw something odd. Scrapyard has been captured by Shadowyards, but it seems that in a way that did not affect Corvus Scavengers.

In a way it looks like now Scrapyard is shared, with the screen when you check the market having Corvus Scavengers colors. When checking the maps it really just shows both of them own it. Trading with them seems to affect only Scavengers though.
Spoiler

[close]

Just tried to take them over to see which side will be affected. Seems it was the Scavengers one.
Spoiler
[close]

Feels as if I can access a different overlapping scrapyard, than the one other factions visit.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:14:27 AM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48