Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396593 times)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Tore Up Plenty V7c - Campaign + Exerelin Integration! 55+ new ships!
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2016, 09:02:40 AM »

Whatever works for you, space cowboy! If you want to use the mod's sprites for your own singleplayer experience no-one's going to stop you. In fact, I applaud it and hope you'll have a blast.  8)

Also, there's a rumour going around that a certain someone is working on this mod right now, trying to bring it up to snuff. No promises here, but I endorsed their work.

Thanks, sorry if my original post seemed off-putting or aggressive or uncaring or whatever. At the time I was deep in getting to know how to mod the game myself and had made the Hermit flyable again plus I have my mental health to keep in check so one of the reasons my post was odd like that.

Anyhow glad to hear the mod is being worked on. I myself since the original post made Moth-class available for myself as an impervious ship (awesome 360 degree front shields) with a nasty/powerful mining laser (altered and separate weapon based on the thing from Tiandong mod) with those built-in missiles replaced with light auto-cannons (had to adjust symmetry for them for my own sanity).

Here's screenshots of it:
Spoiler
Voluntary picture deletion. Original image of a config modifed Moth-class (for personal in-game use only).
[close]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:13:45 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Tore Up Plenty V7c - Campaign + Exerelin Integration! 55+ new ships!
« Reply #601 on: November 04, 2016, 07:23:11 PM »

Hi, I'm the certain someone that Erick mentioned.  Sorry it took so long for me to put this out but I got sidetracked by real-life stuff not long after I asked Erick about updating his mod.  I'm currently waiting to start a new job so I decided to take advantage of my newfound free time to get back into Starsector and work on TUP.  The mod now works in 0.7.2a!

Download Tore Up Plenty V7d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u27STnCINqI

So what's changed?

+ Heavily revised ship statistics to fix prices, burn values, fleet points, supply costs, etc.  This will definitely need more balancing!
+ Added Shielded Cargo Holds hullmod to Foxhound, Redstar, Wolfpack, and Bloodhound
+ Added High-Resolution Sensors hullmod to Void
+ Added new logo and brief lore blurbs for Corvus Scavengers and Scrapyard station
+ Edited Corvus Scavengers faction definition file to support new fleet generation system, ship distribution probably needs balancing
+ Edited Scrapyard station generation code, disabled old fleet spawning code.  Scrapyard functions as a regular market with pre-unlocked storage at the moment
+ Edited missions to change no-longer-existent vanilla hull variants.  Mission #12 (Broken Avenue) probably needs balancing due to new phase mechanics in 0.7.2
+ Added unofficial Nexerelin support

I didn't start playing Starsector until long after the last version of this mod came out, so I'm sure there are some differences in behavior that I'm unaware of.  I should point out that the vanilla character creation dialog does not currently give you the option to start with a TUP ship.  The Scavengers' Scrapyard station in Corvus offers TUP ships for sale.  If you want a particular ship and don't want to wait for it to appear at the station, I recommend using Console Commands. ("list ships tup" to see what's available and "addship tup_shipname" to add it to your fleet)

I've also added in unofficial support for Nexerelin.  To get full functionality you will need to copy the "Nexerelin" subfolder in the TUP folder over your Nexerelin 0.7.6c install, overwriting a couple of files where necessary.  This will allow you to start as the Corvus Scavengers, use the faction directory function to locate their planets, etc.  I've played this on and off for a couple days and look forward to further playtesting.  ;D

I went over the ship stats (burn values, prices, etc) to bring them roughly in line with vanilla SS 0.7.2.  With this many ships to consider, I'm sure there are things that need further tweaking, but the ships should be completely playable.  Tore Up Plenty ships reward a heavy investment in the Technology skill tree for extra ordnance points.  Many of these ships have a lot of weapon mounts so having extra OPs helps you get the most out of them!

Have fun and let me know what you think.  I'm not an experienced modder, or programmer in general, but this has been a learning experience and I'd like to continue tweaking and improving this mod.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 04, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

Holy jesus, this is the big thing we needed, now only if some other mods would be revived
May the fry be with you.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 07, 2016, 05:53:49 AM »

Alex if you are seeing this please promote this man to five stars  ;D
May the fry be with you.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »

I got a CTD involving the logo. I take it that's due to Starsector Plus conflicting?

Rafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2016, 05:48:34 PM »

I got a CTD involving the logo. I take it that's due to Starsector Plus conflicting?

Hi.  I'm a new player.  I received a CTD involving the logo as well but I do not have Starsector Plus installed.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »

The CTD may be cause by clash with the game's base logo and Tore Up Plenty's older logo overwrite.

Another possible cause is system difference. May I ask, those that had the CTD, what system is your computer/laptop on? (Windows, Linux etc.).

Until the modder patches things up, either avoid using this mod or use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:50:44 PM by Orikson »
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 18, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »

Windows 8.1 here.

E: Ah, I feel silly. Guess the link in the OP wasn't the correct version.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:32:17 AM by NightfallGemini »

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »

TUP does change the base game's logo but version 7d works fine with Starsector+.  Sorry for any confusion.  I'll make a new thread when I finish the next minor revision so that the most up-to-date links will be in the OP.

I've reorganized the ship stats and revised a lot of prices, deployment costs, etc.  I also plan on adjusting the distribution of ships in Scavenger fleets a bit.  There should be a small update in a few days.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 22, 2016, 09:45:51 AM »

Well done CaptainWinky! I'll put a link to your version in the OP.

You've blown new life into TuP.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:54:55 AM by Erick Doe »

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Here's a mini update, not big enough to warrant a new version.  The main 7d download has been updated, but if you already have 7d you can just grab this patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ld73xwl7c71v179/Tore_Up_Plenty_V7d_11-25_patch.zip

Changes:

+ ship_data.csv is now organized by ship class, more changes to ship stats
+ TuP ships now show up on main menu screen
+ Fixed launch bays and drone bays where applicable on Rover, Lance, Damocles, Talus, Mace, Phoenix, Perigee
+ Scavengers start out hostile to Luddic Path instead of vengeful, and suspicious to pirates instead of neutral.  No illegal commodities, they're not pure pirates but probably not squeamish about the occasional harvested organ here and there.
+ Adjusted distribution of Scavenger ships slightly, also added some TuP ships to independent/pirate fleets
+ Fixed a couple typos in ship descriptions
+ Fixed a few filename case sensitivity issues that might occur for Linux users

Also Nexerelin includes support for the Corvus Scavengers as of version 0.7.6d.  If you play as the Scavengers, the Daedalus and Stampede's built-in mining blasters make them good mining ships that can also hold their own in a fight!

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile

Why does this mod change the loading bar texture? I really like the base game one.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Why does this mod change the loading bar texture? I really like the base game one.

I left it in because Erick had it in the original version of the mod.  If you want to use the vanilla loading bar, you can remove or rename the graphics/ui folder in the mod folder with no side effects.

Kaucukovnik

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I don't like the altered loadscreen either. I don't want to sound mean, but there are mods of both higher quality and larger scope and they don't hijack the initial screen of the game. In my eyes this gives TuP a bit of bad attitude if you know what I mean. Easy to get rid of, but still.

I definitely do enjoy the added ship variety and I would already miss some of them.

CaptainWinky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I don't like the altered loadscreen either. I don't want to sound mean, but there are mods of both higher quality and larger scope and they don't hijack the initial screen of the game. In my eyes this gives TuP a bit of bad attitude if you know what I mean. Easy to get rid of, but still.

I definitely do enjoy the added ship variety and I would already miss some of them.

I see your point, especially since a lot of players (myself included) play with many faction mods at once so it could be a bit off-putting to have one of those mods taking over the load screen.  I'll take the folder with the loadscreen out of the zip.

I also noticed that there's a music file I'm not currently using...it's 20 minutes long so I think enabling it as ingame background music would make it take a lot of time from vanilla and other mod-added music.  I'm removing it for the time being.  As a bonus that will make the download considerably smaller.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48