Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 396629 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

Uomoz has me slaving over TuP.  ::)

Version 7b will feature the following:

1.) Lance --- The Lance is slower than the Heron, in both combat speed and burn drive. Which is a big disadvantage for a player who wants speed above all else. I have further decreased its maximum combat speed. Its OP points are also lower than that of the Heron, and the Lance is initially unable to properly outfit all its weapon slots.

2.) Taskmaster --- I've updated the sprite a little. Mainly blended in the edges of the bridge with the ship a bit more and added some more pipes that run from the bridge into the rest of the ship.

3.) Hawk --- I've added the Hawk Corvette as a 2 ship wing. I'm currently working on a modifed Hawk frigate.

4.) Hermit --- I've added a weak front shield to the Hermit, as requested. Increased its armour and flux venting a little as well. Downside is the Hermit now gets overloaded pretty easily because of its overall poor flux.

5.) Vulture --- I've changed the name of the Vulture to Buzzard. The ship is NOT similar to the TIM Vulture, as far as I can see. Note that the TIM Vulture apparently fills the slot between the Falcon and the Eagle. The Buzzard fills a niche between the Hammerhead and the Falcon. It isn't a true cruiser, but more of a heavy destroyer.

6.) Buck Mk2 --- Reduced Buck Mk2's armour from 850 to 800.

7.) Almost all ship descriptions have been updated and expanded, adding to the mod's lore.

8.) Improved the starting options, making it work better on lower resolutions (stuff is less likely to vanish off screen). Instead of "Did something else", select "Tore it up plenty".

9.) Added the Hawk corvette wing, the Hawk Ranger frigate and the Underdog frigate.

10.) Updating Corvus' Scavenger's fleet compositions. Focus on low-tech and mining ships.

11.) Adding a new system with new factions that use both vanilla and TuP ships in their fleets. Possibly the Iota system (finally!).

12.) Updated the title screen variants, TuP Collection mission and the sim opponents to include the new ships.

13.) Possibly adding new missions to the mission-driven campaign!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

*whip crack*

snull

• Ensign
    • View Profile

5332 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [thunderchild_blue_Basic] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [thunderchild_blue_Basic] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.FleetCreationSpec.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hallo I have trouble to run your mod with Exerlin got that in the .log filescan you or somebody advice or help,what did i wrong? I downloaded all mods fresh and unpdated starfarer as well ;-(

thx

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

You did nothing wrong

It looks like Exerelin is still looking for the old Thunderchild id, which was changed from thunderchild_blue_Basic to tup_thunderchild for the ship id and thunderchild_Basic, thunderchild_Assault and thunderchild_Support for the variants.

Zaphide said that he'd update Exerelin to fix this.

In the meantime, it will probably work if you change Line 587 in ExerelinCharacterCreationPluginImpl.java yourself. According to Nanao-kun the leftover reference to thunderchild_blue_Basic can be found here. Just change thunderchild_blue_Basic to thunderchild_Basic.

Hope this helps!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Crowding up the space around the Corvus Scrapyard:
Spoiler
[close]
Ships now move through the debris that clutters the station's orbit.

Also editing the Corvus' Scavengers faction to make them consistently low-tech. Using low-tech and low tier vanilla and TuP ships only (Moth, Talus, Tarsus, Boartusk, Talon, Dram, etc.). This is because I am adding a new and similar faction in Askonia that uses mostly higher tech TuP ships, like a broken off branch of Tri-tachyon engineers (Centaur, Medusa, Thunderchild, Owen, Longbow, etc.). Also, higher tier ships such as the Sentinel Mk2 and the Brawler Mk2 should be harder to come by, so these only get delivered to the stations through convoys and aren't to be found elsewhere (for now).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:39:06 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Reduced the size of the debris parts in the rings:
Spoiler
[close]

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Replaced previous portraits with old TuP portraits and some new ones. The previous portraits didn't really match vanilla graphics.

Spoiler
Wright Shipyards portraits:

Iota Defense Force portraits:

Corvus Scavengers portraits: (yes, altered Project Batavia portraits  ;))

Miscellaneous portraits:
[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:30:15 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

V7b is out!

1.) Lance --- The Lance is slower than the Heron, in both combat speed and burn drive. Which is a big disadvantage for a player who wants speed above all else. I have further decreased its maximum combat speed. Its OP points are also lower than that of the Heron, and the Lance is initially unable to properly outfit all its weapon slots.
2.) Taskmaster --- I've updated the sprite a little. Mainly blended in the edges of the bridge with the ship a bit more and added some more pipes that run from the bridge into the rest of the ship.
3.) Hawk --- I've added the Hawk Corvette as a 2 ship wing. Also added the Hawk Ranger frigate.
4.) Hermit --- I've added a weak front shield to the Hermit, as requested. Increased its armour and flux venting a little as well. Downside is the Hermit now gets overloaded pretty easily because of its overall poor flux.
5.) Vulture --- I've changed the name of the Vulture to Buzzard. The ship is NOT similar to the TIM Vulture, as far as I can see. Note that the TIM Vulture apparently fills the slot between the Falcon and the Eagle. The Buzzard fills a niche between the Hammerhead and the Falcon. It isn't a true cruiser, but more of a heavy destroyer.
6.) Buck Mk2 --- Reduced Buck Mk2's armour from 850 to 800.
7.) Almost all ship descriptions have been updated and expanded, adding to the mod's lore.
8.) Improved the starting options, making it work better on lower resolutions (stuff is less likely to vanish off screen). Instead of "Did something else", select "Tore it up plenty".
9.) Added the Hawk corvette wing, the Hawk Ranger frigate and the Underdog frigate.
10.) Updating Corvus' Scavenger's fleet compositions. Focus on low-tech and mining ships. Other factions will have a different focus.
11.) Adding a new system with new factions that use both vanilla and TuP ships in their fleets. Possibly the Iota system (finally!).
12.) Updated the title screen variants, TuP Collection mission and the sim opponents to include the new ships.
13.) Possibly adding new missions to the mission-driven campaign!
14.) Removed old portraits. Added 27 new portraits that fit better with vanilla.
15.) 100 new ship names added.
16.) Added new rings to the Corvus Scrapyard. Changed the old scrap ring to have smaller bits and pieces.
17.) Improved the Damocles' sprite

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Experimenting with the TuP music track. Turning it into a radio station with a host, guests, sponsors and the music tracks.

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile

Be careful, Lobo might show up taking over that radio station! xD

No, seriously cool idea!

Edit: I think Lobo should be part of your mod, he would fit in so damn well!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:53:49 AM by Tecrys »
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)

Experimenting with the TuP music track. Turning it into a radio station with a host, guests, sponsors and the music tracks.

"Hello Siifran citizens, this is Virgil Vox, bringing you some sweet tunes over the subspace net...."

Needs more Andromeda references.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Another new feature I'm working on is TuP hull mods. These hull mods won't require any leveling. But they aren't as good as some of the regular hull mods you'd get by leveling stats. For instance, a TuP hullmod may add a small 50 points increase in armour through 'welded-on scrap metal', but also suffer from a whopping 25% decrease in maneuverability, due to it not being an optimised hull mod. To make matters worse it will cost a whole 10 OP to put on a frigate.

Where as a proper 'Heavy Armour' mod will cost only 8 OP on a frigate, causes only 20% decrease in maneuverability and adds a whopping 100 points.

You get the idea.  :)

(also, TuP hull mods will only apply on TuP ships)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Some of the content in the next release:
-(at least) 3 TuP specific hullmods: "Reinforced Corridors" - "Scrap Armour" - "Scrapped Parts"
-3 new portraits, including improvements to older portraits
-New ship: "Event Horizon-class Battleship"
-New ship: "Perigee-class Heavy Cruiser"
-New ship: "Timberwolf Mk2-class Heavy Frigate"
-New ship: "Steer-class tugboat"
-Small balancing tweaks to existing ships
-Small graphical tweaks to existing ships, most profoundly the Taskmaster
-Visible maneuvering jets to TuP ships that have that system

-Possibly new TuP weapons
-Possibly a new TuP faction spawning in Askonia with focus on high-tech, while Corvus' Scavengers focus on lower tech levels

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Um hey, how would I go about disabling your custom soundtrack, I'm not a fan of the music. I miss the vanilla soundtrack, but I like your ships too much to get rid of the mod, so any help?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Um hey, how would I go about disabling your custom soundtrack, I'm not a fan of the music. I miss the vanilla soundtrack, but I like your ships too much to get rid of the mod, so any help?

Tore Up Plenty folder > Data > Config > sounds.json

Delete the sounds file. That should disable the custom soundtrack.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48