Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Increase OP on some frigates (counterparts of vanilla frigates)

Yes, please up the OP
- 85 (75.2%)
No, leave it as it is now
- 23 (20.4%)
No, other...
- 5 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Tore Up Plenty - Vanilla Friendly Mod - Campaign+Nexerelin  (Read 398850 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Tore Up Plenty V7c - Campaign + Exerelin Integration! 55+ new ships!
« Reply #585 on: December 09, 2015, 05:53:53 AM »

Can't argue with you, this was easily my favorite mod! Hopefully upgrading to .7.1a isn't too difficult! I'm no coder but if I can help in any other way I'd love to

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Tore Up Plenty V7c - Campaign + Exerelin Integration! 55+ new ships!
« Reply #586 on: December 09, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »

Can't argue with you, this was easily my favorite mod! Hopefully upgrading to .7.1a isn't too difficult! I'm no coder but if I can help in any other way I'd love to
Upgrading from 0.65.2 to 0.7+ is super easy. Problem is, that mod never got ported to 0.65 because 0.62 to 0.65 was on the contrary a huge pain.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 09, 2015, 08:14:39 AM »

*cheers in the background* Tore Up! Tore Up! Tore Up! Tore Up!

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »

bruh... tore up plenty, starsetctor +, scy, blackrock, diable, neutrino, tiandong, and tartifel's <==( don't know if I am correct lol probably not) upcoming anomaly mod are all the best yet lol

BuckCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any plans to update this mod for the latest version of the game?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

I highly doubt it as this mod is around 3 or 4 versions old
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

That's unfortunate, the art style does a good job remaining grounded in the look of Vanilla, and 55 ships is a ton of new stuff to play with.

BuckCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hell, I'd probably do it myself if I had any relevant skills.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile

Come on...you folks aren't giving Erick Doe enough room to breathe. It's only been a week or so since the game advanced to version 0.7.2a; please give him some time! Now that the hotfixes to 0.7.2a have been made available to the public, he can finally think about the full scope of the work that's needed to update this massively massive but equally awesome mod. It is very premature to give up hope.

As Tartiflette stated previously, the transition from Starsector version 0.62 to v0.65 was a royal pain in the butt. The bulk of Erick Doe's efforts are going to have to concentrate upon that, and it's definitely going to take him considerable time. There's truly no way around that, so we must be patient.

It's important that we express our enthusiasm constructively for Tore Up Plenty's eventual return. I'm also one of you who eagerly looks forward to the day when TuP makes its triumphant and much-anticipated return. :) From my POV, Starsector just isn't nearly as interesting and fun to play without TuP. I love what it did for vanilla gameplay, especially at the statrt of the game when new characters need all of the help that they can possibly get.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

I highly doubt it as this mod is around 3 or 4 versions old

Actually, I was waiting on 0.7.2a before starting to work on TUP again. Though now that it is out, I am contemplating how I want to tackle this. I might need to bring in some help from other modders. I also need to dig up some files from my old PC which I forgot to transfer over. I did get some work done since 0.6.2a you know. :)

And if I really can't do this, then I'll try and find someone to take over for me. I'd rather see TUP's assets used than having them fade into obscurity. Starsector needs its Foxhound!

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile

Your mod has some of the closest-to-vanilla designs I've seen, I'd love to see it make a return if you can manage to do the work.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

This mod definitely deserves some updating love due to ships alone so I went ahead and made the Hermit-class along with Raider and Raider Mk2 playable for myself in the recent version of 0.7.2a. I set it up in such a way that I can only get the ship and the wing craft for it through Console Commands mod (need my main ship to be unique and exclusive to me anyway).
Yeah, yeah I'm a big time cheater in SP games since time immemorial. It's how I play games and every game is a lot more fun for me when I'm the OP god being. My reasons, my computer. I play how I wanna play, capiche?

That aside and not to get off-topic. From what I've seen of the mod from images, well I only have looked at ship sprites the most and the "She's tore up a plenty, but she'll fly true" quote and some descriptions of the mod made me insta love the theme as I'm bit of a fan of Firefly/Serenity too and for me, Hermit-class was the ship I chose and made so much more superior config-wise.

Sorry for necro-posting, just incase.. but it is a mod and it needs some more love, IMO. If anyone feels like laying morals on me then I'm having none of it anymore, my nerves recently broke and you might as well talk to a wall. If this mod doesn't get updated well, whatever. I already got the sprites which I can refurbish for recent version for myself only but it'd be nice to try the mod eventually.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:57:17 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02:21 AM »

The hermit class was quite fun. I'd have either harpoon MRM's up the wazoo or give it a HVD and snipe for days.
Foxhound though, thats a whole 'nother barrel of fun.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 17, 2016, 06:46:57 AM »

This mod definitely deserves some updating love due to ships alone so I went ahead and made the Hermit-class along with Raider and Raider Mk2 playable for myself in the recent version of 0.7.2a. I set it up in such a way that I can only get the ship and the wing craft for it through Console Commands mod (need my main ship to be unique and exclusive to me anyway).
Yeah, yeah I'm a big time cheater in SP games since time immemorial. It's how I play games and every game is a lot more fun for me when I'm the OP god being. My reasons, my computer. I play how I wanna play, capiche?

That aside and not to get off-topic. From what I've seen of the mod from images, well I only have looked at ship sprites the most and the "She's tore up a plenty, but she'll fly true" quote and some descriptions of the mod made me insta love the theme as I'm bit of a fan of Firefly/Serenity too and for me, Hermit-class was the ship I chose and made so much more superior config-wise.

Sorry for necro-posting, just incase.. but it is a mod and it needs some more love, IMO. If anyone feels like laying morals on me then I'm having none of it anymore, my nerves recently broke and you might as well talk to a wall. If this mod doesn't get updated well, whatever. I already got the sprites which I can refurbish for recent version for myself only but it'd be nice to try the mod eventually.

Whatever works for you, space cowboy! If you want to use the mod's sprites for your own singleplayer experience no-one's going to stop you. In fact, I applaud it and hope you'll have a blast.  8)

Also, there's a rumour going around that a certain someone is working on this mod right now, trying to bring it up to snuff. No promises here, but I endorsed their work.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 17, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »

Also, there's a rumour going around that a certain someone is working on this mod right now, trying to bring it up to snuff. No promises here, but I endorsed their work.

That would be most welcome.
I haven't been around long enough to ever get to play Tore Up Plenty, but considering the huge amount of stylish ships I sure want to.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48