Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Energy Weapons [tiny mod]  (Read 14418 times)

Tezarius

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Energy Weapons [tiny mod]
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »

Ion Ray Emitter

Big brother of the Ion Cannon. Primary role - disabling ship point defense for missile/torpedo bombardment. Completely ineffective against shields.    
This weapon is rarely seen in combat due to high flux generation and very low destructive power, however if target have no (or no more) shield, electro-magnetic storm in a blink of an eye could bring total havoc to all nearest ships systems.

Long Range Laser Battery

Battery consist of three lasers operating in pulse mode and with very high degree of spatial and temporal coherence, as a result higher effective range is achieved.

Graviton Bomb Launcher

Based on the unstable version of graviton beam technology. Rarely used within large fleets due to potential damage to friendly ships.
All bombs before launch should be charged with decent amount of energy that standard missile mount just unable to provide.

Screenshots
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Mod campaign integrated (Weapons added to stations and supply convoys).
Since they are first weapons I've made, I really want to know how they looks, feels, balanced and so on, so please leave your feedback ;)

P.S. For now I'm a bit run out of ideas for new weapons and if you have some, I could try to make them.  ;D  
P.P.S. My English still not so good, so if you find some grammatical (or other) errors, please let me know.

Download

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:52:05 AM by Tezarius »

Starlight

• Commander
  • Vulpes Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Weapons [tiny mod]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »

Sounds like fun, I'll be giving this a try later on today.
Starlight; Vulpine Space-Adventurer.  Fond of lasers.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »

Hmm...interesting.  I love the sound of the Graviton Bomb launcher, I'll give it a shot.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Tezarius

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »

I'll give it a shot.
Can I assume that this is success of this mod?  :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »

Well, as a weapons smith, I've got to determine if it's balanced or not. ;D
All interesting weapons, but the graviton bomb seems a tad overpowered.  Release it at the wrong time, and half the ships in your fleet are overloaded. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Tezarius

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

Thanks!
Yeah, graviton bomb drives me crazy, because sometimes it feels like super weapon, but sometimes... "what? I have spent 216 bombs with almost no effect?". So I was completely confused about real situation.   :)

Release it at the wrong time, and half the ships in your fleet are overloaded. ;)
That's why there is small hint in the description. And this should prevent players from arming whole fleet with them. ;D

Jmdelrio

• Lieutenant
  • Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »

I have been trying to download and try these weapons out for a few days but alas circumstances have conspired to sabotage my every attempt.  I think more variety in the ion tech would open up some fun tactical options and is some I wanted to encourage, hence this post :)

I will try them soon and post feedback!