Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garbage Gun  (Read 4523 times)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Garbage Gun
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:01:24 PM »

So would it be possible to have a gun that fires huge balls of sludge that stick to enemy ships and eat through the hull?

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Garbage Gun
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:48 PM »

Like plasma or like bile, it depends on the situation and weapon (different affects)

PerturbedPug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »

Like plasma or like bile, it depends on the situation and weapon (different affects)
This sounds like some of the suggestions for incendiary rounds. Maybe we can come up with other kinds of wacky weapons? What what about a gun that fires scrap metal at high velocity and can knock around ships. It would be like the Rock-it Launcher from Fallout 3.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:11:12 PM »

This sounds like some of the suggestions for incendiary rounds. Maybe we can come up with other kinds of wacky weapons? What what about a gun that fires scrap metal at high velocity and can knock around ships. It would be like the Rock-it Launcher from Fallout 3.
(or the scrap gun from TF2) what about 'burrower' missiles that drill into the hull and explode (silly because we could use it for bio ship weapons)

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »

/genericuser1 How about a tiny cannon that fires a stream of space pigeons into your engine and mucks it up?

/genericuser2 Sounds legit.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »

(or the scrap gun from TF2) what about 'burrower' missiles that drill into the hull and explode (silly because we could use it for bio ship weapons)
I like the burrow cannon, that could be interesting, it almost negats armor by eating through it then exploding, fun. And I suppose a nano-cloud canister cannon could be a good idea, if done well
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:38:02 PM »

Got the idea for the garbage gun from an epi of Andromeda. They where in a system that was in the middle of a very volatile nebula and normal weapons had the possibility to ignite the entire cloud and destroy the system. The one thing the inhabitants had in excess was garbage, so they developed a way to render all the garbage down into a toxic, acidic sludge and used it for the ship based weapons. Plus, well I am just a huge fan of dots.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

/genericuser1 How about a tiny cannon that fires a stream of space pigeons into your engine and mucks it up?

I'm not sure at all what the point of this was.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

mostmodest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

I believe he was referring to the idea that this thread would soon be full of silly ideas.

Also, why not have a gun/system designed to flameout a ship's engines?
Yes, you are reading to far into this.

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 04:18:49 AM »

I believe he was referring to the idea that this thread would soon be full of silly ideas.

Also, why not have a gun/system designed to flameout a ship's engines?

We already have space pidgeons.
They're called salmanders and are made out of metal.