Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2) [ON HIATUS]  (Read 268370 times)

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BattleFleet Gothic
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »

152*429 as the scale i used was 1:10 (5600 ->560 so i had to scale it properly)

WhoopieMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 05:32:51 AM »

5600, is for the battleships dude. Imperial cruisers are 3500. The original image is 1:6 scale.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:37:14 AM by WhoopieMonster »

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:02 AM »

5600, is for the battleships dude. Imperial cruisers are 3500. The original image is 1:6 scale.
I know that, so i scale them together so they look right, I take them immediately from the original picture, and upscale, so I found out how big yours was and changed the scale.

WhoopieMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 06:07:46 AM »

Perhaps I'm being a bit special, but if your scale is 1:10 shouldn't the ship be 350px long?

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 06:11:48 AM »

Perhaps I'm being a bit special, but if your scale is 1:10 shouldn't the ship be 350px long?
shh (I know) I can change it latter.

WhoopieMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2013, 06:36:17 AM »

lol, I wont tell a soul ;)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »

Soooo hows it going?

The mod I mean.....not that I don't care how your day is.....how was your day?

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »

fine i just have a coursework deadline soon, and have not been doing as much (I have completed the orks though)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »

Bah! Real life always interfering.

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »

Is it dead? Please don't say it's so. Not another 40k mod down the drain.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

no, i still have it all...its just sleeping, while i become less busy, (I only helped phyrex out as spritings quick, doing all the java and spriting and campaign on my own is hard)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 02:45:43 AM »

Hey, if u need help with some cool effects like armor penetration, just say so, also show use some stuff u guys already made on the 1st page  :P

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 04:14:45 AM »

Thank you Silent! Thats very kind of you!

Oh i forgot I have got almost all of the Ork ships done e.g.

Now I just need tot do some weapons for them (dear god there are a lot),

Teh_Wolf

• Commander
  • The whole ship just died
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »

that ship, 2spooky4me
PHRASE OF THE WEEK
Quote from: Miggles
no

Spoonie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »

Well if this isn't dead yet, I might as well chime in, as I of course had the brilliant idea of doing a 40k mod today at work. Might have some gameplay/lore insight that could help the transition into Starsector.

Turrets and 'actual' weapons are pretty well separated in BFG. Fortunately there aren't a ton of different weapon classes, so moving everything 'up' a step could help keep the ships weapon loadouts accurate: Small weapons would only be for point defense turrets (heavy bolter or lascannon batteries, what-have-you), while Medium would be for Frigates and Destroyers, along with dorsal batteries on cruisers. Large would be your typical cruiser broadsides. Anything else is pretty ship-specific and could just be a built in weapon, like say a Nova Cannon. For missles you really only need to beef up the annihilator rocket launcher to be suitably dangerous and stick to small missle mounts. Torpedoes are a pretty universal weapon and act pretty much just like that on the table top- they even always divide into twos. So one launcher for a Cobra, four for a Lunar - done.

I also wish there was a way to enforce race-specific weapon restrictions. The thought of a Lunar cruiser with an Eldar Pulsar Lance and Railgun batteries makes me squirm. Making all Imperial/Chaos/Space Marine hardpoints purely ballistic and all Eldar hardpoints Energy could solve the problem if you made a seperate set of weapons for each type of mount, I suppose. Then orks could have all universal slots to encourage their looting ways. Sort of falls apart when you start adding the later race additions, though. Especially Tyranids, would hate to even be able to equip one of their guns on my pristine Imperial cruiser.

Other than that, ship defenses are the only other thing I really thought of. The 'phase cloak' in Starsector is already a pretty good approximation for an Eldar holo-field (aiming right for them and still missing), so no real work to do there. And I guess all ships would have 360 degree front shields, but no real harm either way I suppose.

If you need any lore help or information gathering about ship weapons or classes, or naming let me know. I have a pretty decent library of the Rogue Trader RPG, which would be a great source of additional information. The space combat in that actually ended up borrowing pretty heavily from BFG, and it has more specific information on different ships including non-combat vessels.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20