Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2) [ON HIATUS]  (Read 268358 times)

LiquidStang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2) [ON HIATUS]
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2014, 09:13:55 AM »

SilentStormpt, you are a genius.  ;)
David

Starsector is challenging, but what's more challenging is dealing with people who encourage you to try real hard.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »

ships are very nice a creative..the problem is i see alot of pixels and they dont seem to blend together so the ships look kinda muddy

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:57 AM »

ships are very nice a creative..the problem is i see alot of pixels and they dont seem to blend together so the ships look kinda muddy
Those are the really old version of the Sprites, the current version are being done by HELMUT with most of the Imperial Ships already done, the same with custom Imperial Weapon Sprites.

The Original release was really a 'proof of concept' to see if they actually were a viable type of ship to be put in-game, that is reflected upon by the stats of the old ships, they were very clunky and not balanced.

So, Silent is pretty much (literally) the only one working on this at the moment, I can't really because of exams, retaking a year and not feeling motivated to do much. I am also slightly out of practice with SS after not playing the game or messing around with the code for about 3-4 months, so IF I start to help out again it will take me a while to get used to the new game systems.

However, even though I have not been working on it, and HELMUT has been keeping the spriting ongoing in the background, the mod will eventually and hopefully be released with a working copy with about 100 new systems and interesting 'things' than before (all hail the mighty Silent!).

PS To Silent,
Any stuff you want posted in any of the OPs pm me the message or updated info, also if you want me to do something specific (I have a bit more time on my hands now and I'm not bogged down with anime :P (STOP ACCUSING ME OF BEING LAZY AND JUST WATCHING ANIME AND MANGA...I only spend about 1-2 hours a day on it when i get home from college after a 1.5 hour bus journey, otherwise I'm doing revision or I'm doing something special with Starbound (hint i'm trying to work out how to mod it to add in Hyltol villages/villagers)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2014, 02:31:29 AM »

PS To Silent,
Any stuff you want posted in any of the OPs pm me the message or updated info, also if you want me to do something specific (I have a bit more time on my hands now and I'm not bogged down with anime :P (STOP ACCUSING ME OF BEING LAZY AND JUST WATCHING ANIME AND MANGA...I only spend about 1-2 hours a day on it when i get home from college after a 1.5 hour bus journey, otherwise I'm doing revision or I'm doing something special with Starbound (hint i'm trying to work out how to mod it to add in Hyltol villages/villagers)

Hey lazy guy, u know they are changing alot in this next patch (including the player/(possibly)world files) so might as well just wait until they finally release it.

/endsarcasm

I fear HELMUT will hate me since we might need to do some, a few changes to all the ships and weapons he did due to the "new" sizes. Hes also waiting for me to release something before he comes back and works on it again.... I do need to make some heavy balance testing with this combat prototype monster ive come up with...

As always, any help with sprinting is welcome.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:45:54 AM by silentstormpt »

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:33 PM »

what do modders use to sprite ships...can adobe illustrator be used for it or just spriting? i have an idea for my own team :)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »

what do modders use to sprite ships...can adobe illustrator be used for it or just spriting? i have an idea for my own team :)

GIMP, Paint.NET and Photoshop are the most common, but any program that can save a *.png file with transparency is fine

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 02, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »

Oooh ! I'm sooo waiting for this mod !!

It's my favorite board game

:D

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »

I knew this was going to happen :'(

I have no hope anymore.

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »

So much for sad news  :'(

May the emperor guard your travels

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »

Its only on hold.

Will need a small team for it tho, this is a total conversion and they take a long time to be made. Not only this but the whole combat will be different, requiring a custom AI

Kazzthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2014, 04:55:52 AM »

Its only on hold.

Will need a small team for it tho, this is a total conversion and they take a long time to be made. Not only this but the whole combat will be different, requiring a custom AI

Oooh ! Dear Emperor !! :)  There is always hope !

Swizzlewizzle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »

We are doing a similar mod on distant worlds over at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3640729&mpage=7&key=&#3677085 .. hope that this mod stays alive but the one over at distant worlds is definitely very active and headed towards beta/launch :)

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »

Wonderfull ships! Please make this mod work with SS+.
Please
Please
Please)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2015, 01:54:43 AM »

That is wishful thinking pilot...

In all seriousness though that is a mega necro on an extremely dead mod that is very likely to never be updated.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2019, 11:26:01 PM »

Deep apologies for the turbo-necro, but I wanted to check and see if anyone still has a copy of the last released version of this mod laying around. I know it's a long shot, but the download link is long since expired and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20