Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2) [ON HIATUS]  (Read 268377 times)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BattleFleet Gothic
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »

Your getting really good at this, my only problem with it is their "command bridge" (on non Battleships) and those side pipes look blurry, rest is pretty much great if not awesome.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »

Yep, might have to look to polish the blurry parts on some ships. About the command bridge for smaller ships, yeah i'm not really satisfied either. I'll have to take some times to kitbash a proper bridge and strap it to the ships.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 03, 2013, 05:45:23 AM »

Question, you had that huge sized battleship near the Paragon and you re-sized it again to smaller standards, why :'( ?

Ive trying to come up with a solution for the "side-gun placements", you cant have Hard-mounted placements with turrets on top that ruins any possibility of having alot more refitting possibilities so the only possible solution is having the side placements in pairs for each side:

2 Cannon Placements (4 Cannon version)
2 Fighter Launchers (3 Door version)
2 Lancer Placements (2 Lancer version)

You can do:
2/2/2;
4/2/0;
4/0/2;
2/4/0;
0/4/2;
2/0/4;
0/2/4;
6/0/0;
0/6/0;
0/0/6;
Thats 10 possible "hulls" for a battleship, cruisers aren't this extreme since they can only get 4 side placements.

Helmut, when you make a ship, you can use those side placements to measure the ship, since they are always the same size regardless what ship is using them, only the Cannon Placement with 6 cannons is a different "beast".
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:05:13 AM by silentstormpt »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2013, 06:01:49 AM »

I resized my ship because i was able to remade smaller weapons, as such i can stay within the Starsector scale. Also i had already made a couple of ship of that size and i was too lazy to modify them  :-X

For the rest of your post, i'm not sure to understand what do you mean. The broadside problem should have been resolved with my hard point weapon version on post #229. Or maybe you are talking about something else? Have to say your post confuse me.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2013, 06:08:50 AM »

I resized my ship because i was able to remade smaller weapons, as such i can stay within the Starsector scale. Also i had already made a couple of ship of that size and i was too lazy to modify them  :-X

For the rest of your post, i'm not sure to understand what do you mean. The broadside problem should have been resolved with my hard point weapon version on post #229. Or maybe you are talking about something else? Have to say your post confuse me.

I meant these:

Spoiler
[close]

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »

I still don't follow you, basically you want custom weapons that act as entire gun batteries? For example a stack of three cannons equaling 1 hardpoint?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2013, 08:27:12 AM »

I still don't follow you, basically you want custom weapons that act as entire gun batteries? For example a stack of three cannons equaling 1 hardpoint?

That was what i wanted but its not possible, instead, making 10 hulls with weapon batteries in different places would be the only option

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »

Imperial ships are already based around this system. The standard template for the cruisers for example basically originated from the same hull, each cruiser was then modified as a variant (like the Gothic as a lance boat and the Dictator as a carrier). Honestly i wanted at first to make only one naked ship for each category and then adding Mars variant, Lunar variant etc... But then, it would be variants and not ship class, not sure everyone would have liked it.

So i think staying with classic weapon mount will do, at least for now.

Your idea sounds very experimental though, maybe i haven't perfectly understood how it will change things. For now, i think getting an early dev version with some ships and weapons would be better just to see if our stuff is at least holding together. Then we'll see if change can be made.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »

Is this playable ?
 because when i try to run in i got this when loading
Spoiler
Code
85641 [Thread-11] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.Object.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
86219 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

Is this playable ?
 because when i try to run in i got this when loading
Spoiler
Code
85641 [Thread-11] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.o0oO$1.run(Unknown Source)
86219 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/ui/sf_splash1.jpg] resource, not found in [F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\Battlefleet Gothic,F:\STARSECTOR\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.null.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The original post was last updated in august, and .6 came out in September, so I'm guessing the mod isn't up to date with the current version.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »

Ill probably work on this very soon, depending how my RL workload is.

Have you guys decided on the "Starmap" that will be used?

EDIT: The mod itself its not even setup to run at 0.6 version only the older 0.5X
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:40:39 AM by silentstormpt »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2)
« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2013, 09:10:33 AM »

Is it really necessary to have a proper starmap now? A single station should do for now, it's more important is to see if it's balanced before adding all the side-stuffs.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 26, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »

Is it really necessary to have a proper starmap now? A single station should do for now, it's more important is to see if it's balanced before adding all the side-stuffs.

I can easily add a couple of systems but it should be already on the zone with every single race are close by, for example some systems near the Eye of Terror, like Cadia for example.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 26, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »

I can easily add a couple of systems but it should be already on the zone with every single race are close by, for example some systems near the Eye of Terror, like Cadia for example.
Or we could easily make up lore fluff e.g. a rift or warp gate into a new series of sectors - imperial crusade, hive fleet tendrils, chaos just cos they are chaos, a tomb world/system, t'au sucked into system and eldar crone world or other eldar type world as they can just warp in.

Lore fluff simples

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot about the Tau, they are really far away from a Chaos Warp
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20