Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: BattleFleet Gothic (Starsector 0.54.2) [ON HIATUS]  (Read 268986 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BattleFleet Gothic
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2013, 03:42:12 PM »

I remade all the imperials weapons and made some proper broadside variants. While it isn't perfect, it's still much better than the old ones.

And here, the Emperor, Retribution and Mars class pretty much done. On the right, a Retribution fitted with weapons, much better no?

Obviously still a lot work to do but at (long) least a step in the right direction!

However silent, you want the launch bays to be weapons? I'm not sure to understand.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

Yeah, its a easy way to have fighters in the battle without having them as independent wings, but as "weapons" instead.

Great job on the weapons btw, i feel the ships are a little blurry on some parts but alot better compared to the default ones.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:42:27 PM by silentstormpt »

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »

Man those imperial ships start lookin' very good!

Do you have project regarding new 0.6 feature? ( or even Exelerin compatibility  ;) )

Oh and btw why the mod isnt under "mod" sub-forum?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »

Man those imperial ships start lookin' very good!

Do you have project regarding new 0.6 feature? ( or even Exelerin compatibility  ;) )

Oh and btw why the mod isnt under "mod" sub-forum?

Might take sometime before it gets a release, as for Exelerin, its not vanilla balanced and a total conversion, making it almost impossible for it.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

~~~SNIP~~~
Checked this thread at college three days ago, and the images didn't come up....welp....now they look really really good keep up the good work HELMUT and i might get cookies (first time i misspelled it cockies....you might not want them...)

Anyho

Stuff that I am doing but forgot to tell anyone:
Updating all the ship data and missions ect so most of the data
Waiting for sprite work from HELMUT
Learning how to make a proper sector :P

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »

~~~SNIP~~~
Checked this thread at college three days ago, and the images didn't come up....welp....now they look really really good keep up the good work HELMUT and i might get cookies (first time i misspelled it cockies....you might not want them...)

Anyho

Stuff that I am doing but forgot to tell anyone:
Updating all the ship data and missions ect so most of the data
Waiting for sprite work from HELMUT
Learning how to make a proper sector :P

Once i manage to get the Star Control mod generating a sector, we can use it as a example to how to do for this mod aswell

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2013, 05:06:53 PM »

Finally finished (most of) the cruiser family!

Spoiler
[close]

From right to left:

Mars, Overlord, Lunar, Tyrant, Dominator, Gothic, Dictator.

Surprisingly i'm having some trouble doing destroyers and frigates. The original Gothic ship is the only source of kitbash i have and it's not ideal for doing small ships. I'll try to see what can i do. Don't be surprised though is they'll feel somewhat... Different.

For the total conversion, i said it before and i say it again, i'm not very fond of this idea. Players rarely plays total conversion mods and if they do, the first they are going to ask will be to make it Exerelin compatible or something like that.

So if you want it to be a total conversion in the end, okay. But at least, make the ships stats similar to Starsector Vanilla, for the people who will want to use it with other mods.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »

The Imperium of Man will crush the Dominion of Man.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »

1 - Finally finished (most of) the cruiser family!

2 - For the total conversion, i said it before and i say it again, i'm not very fond of this idea. Players rarely plays total conversion mods and if they do, the first they are going to ask will be to make it Exerelin compatible or something like that.

So if you want it to be a total conversion in the end, okay. But at least, make the ships stats similar to Starsector Vanilla, for the people who will want to use it with other mods.

1 - Look awesome, send me the files over dropbox if possible
2 - I am thinking of making a 'Factions mod' and a 'TC Mod', pretty much one were the whole game is changed, the other the ships and factions can be implemented seperatly...maybe even complete faction mods? (Imperium Of Man vs everything else in Excerlein or Tyranids ect)???

Thoughts?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »

Seems like it can be very difficult to balance into vanilla standards tho and the amount of faction besides the Imperium of Men, it should be fine if its only the Imperium, but once the other factions come out, it will need to be  set as 2 different mods.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:21 PM »

Yes something like that. An alternate download link for a Vanilla compatible Imperium faction and the other for the BFG total conversion. Shouldn't be that difficult to do with other races. They are relatively similar to the IN in some way.

BTW, i managed to finish the smaller ships.

Dauntless class:
Spoiler
[close]

Sword class:
Spoiler
[close]

Firestorm class:
Spoiler
[close]

Cobra class:
Spoiler
[close]

Technically there are more imperial ships to do. However ships like the Oberon or the Vengeance are a rare sight in the Imperium and are usually only present in some specifics battlefleets. So yeah, they are "minor" ships, and i'm not even talking about civilians ones. I'll make them of course! But for now, only the standard Imperial Navy ships are there and they should be enough to get the faction started.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2013, 10:30:44 AM »

Welp, that was faster than i thought.

Defiant class:
Spoiler
[close]

Endeavour class:
Spoiler
[close]

Endurance class:
Spoiler
[close]

Falchion class:
Spoiler
[close]

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »

Pro tip: you really need to put a roster of some sort on your original post, and use one spoiler tag at most. I don't think I've seen but a fraction of your sprites, and for me the decision to sit down and play a mod is based on the contents of the mod's first page. It's probably the same for a lot of folks.

That said, I really like these from your most recent batches. Keep 'em comin'.

EDIT: This Paragon hack-job is amazing work, it's like a completely different beast:
Spoiler
Quote from: HELMUT
[close]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:58:52 AM by Trylobot »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »

Pelhamds will properly update the OP when he'll release a playable version. For now everything is still a work in progress and even the download link is for a very early WIP not even updated for 0.61, that's why we didn't bothered much with the presentation.

So yeah, everything will be much nicer in the near (i hope) future.

And thanks for the Paragon (that was the only capital ship i had under my hands at the moment, no free advertising i swear!).

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »

Moar.

Apocalypse class battleship:

Spoiler
[close]

Oberon class battleship:

Spoiler
[close]