Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Pirate on pirate?  (Read 5437 times)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pirate on pirate?
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »

So strange thing, don't know whether it was a bug or intentional but I was just trying to get away from what I thought was a pair off pirate fleets trying to take my booty and steal my women when one of the fleets veered off course and attacked the other. I was stunned, but only for a moment and I swung my fleet back around and sent my saviors to the cold dark vacuum of space. I guess the two fleet commanders could not decide who would get what.

If it helps one was a "Pirate Raider" fleet and the other was a "Pirate Armada".

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate on pirate?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »

Perhaps it was a Hegemony Patrol and a slightly weak Pirate Armada?  The colors are a bit confusing.

(Only if you've *** off the Hegemony will that theory work. ;))
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »

Nope it was definitely Pirates I was checking both the fleets and as stated above they where Pirate Raiders and Pirate Armada. If I did come across some random bug I recommend it be officially placed in the game, pirates randomly attacking each other seem right somehow. Members of the pirate armada I salute you! -raises mug o' grog-

Edit: Also the Hegemony love me more then my own mother.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:39:38 PM by Abaddon »

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

Wait, and you weren't using a mod or anything!?

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 01:47:21 AM »

Looks like AI is getting a mind on its own.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:26:10 AM »

Nope, will not be using mods till after the game is released and I have played the base game for a bit, then I will try some mods.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »

Nope, will not be using mods till after the game is released and I have played the base game for a bit, then I will try some mods.
You got a realllllllllllly long wait
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

blamatron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »

plus the mods are sooo good

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »

Start out with some of the more balanced ones, and then move on to the ones that and slightly (ok a lot) less balanced for vanilla

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »

Start out with some of the more balanced ones, and then move on to the ones that and slightly (ok a lot) less balanced for vanilla

Suggestions? Hey is anyone working on a Battlefleet Gothic mod yet?

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »

Someone tried a few months ago but the sprites were crap, I would help though if it was started I am a very, very big fan of any 40k and spin offs (Also can pretty much quote lore)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »

Someone tried a few months ago but the sprites were crap, I would help though if it was started I am a very, very big fan of any 40k and spin offs (Also can pretty much quote lore)

There are some implications here. In BFG each race is totally unique both in technology and looks. Using an Eldar Lance on a human cruiser or ork deathcannons on Tau ships might look weird. Making all ships to use only built-in weapons is not a good solution as it removes the fun of salvaging and refitting. And making just BFG sprites isn`t that interisting.

The only race that can benefit of salvaging in BFG are Orks. Humans at some extent would also be allowed to salvage some stuff, but not on in Imperial Navy as far as i know.

Now if we could have a flag in each ship/weapon.csv file that contains a faction ID that is allowed to use the weapon - this would make BFG mod (and all other similar mods) possible.

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 01:12:54 AM »

What about, you play as the Orkz? Then you get around the problem of other races technology, seeing as Orkz are natural scavengers and will utilise pretty much anything it would be a safe bet to 'play' as the Orks, therefore you can use any races ships and weapons without damaging the 40K universe lore.

Though you could still do missions that are for Imperial/Tau/Necron/Eldar/Chaos/Space Marine/Draugir(Space Dwarfs)/Rogue/Kroot/Tyranids and there are some others that could be used, that are mentioned in law