Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241324 times)

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2019, 04:23:06 PM »

i recently added tons of faction mods so i was browsing the codex for new ships to add when i came across the Anvil class. am i right that this is just a unique building not a actual ship i can add to my fleet? because i went to the system in the description and even after conquering the coalition i couldn't add it to my fleet. would be absolutely OP i guess but i thought i'd ask anyway. im so OP in that save anyway it wouldn't even matter from that perspective. does it exist as a ship i can buy/spawn in? or is it just the space station like building?

That's the TSC forgeship/battlestation. You're basically not supposed to pilot it or have it in your fleet, just like you're not really supposed to pilot a battlestation. You can, however, add it through console commands if you just wanna mess around with it.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2019, 10:52:23 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but can anyone tell me more about Nauvis? I found the planet in a remnant-riddled system, and the next thing I know is that, when I looked it up, I ended up finding a map for Factorio (is that one made by the same person?).

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2019, 06:55:03 AM »

It's a special bonus/challenge area:
Spoiler
Nauvis is a single planet system filled with 6 Remnant stations (good luck!).
Once the planet is colonized, it has a special condition giving a bonus to heavy industry, although as a single planet in a whole bunch of slowing nebulae, in some ways it isn't ideal for a colony (at least one you plan on visiting a lot).
The system is filled with debris fields that are chock full of goodies of various kinds.
There are 4 unique variants of TSC ships floating around as derelicts, waiting to be recovered (each is recoverable).
[close]

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2020, 10:26:08 PM »

i recently added tons of faction mods so i was browsing the codex for new ships to add when i came across the Anvil class. am i right that this is just a unique building not a actual ship i can add to my fleet? because i went to the system in the description and even after conquering the coalition i couldn't add it to my fleet. would be absolutely OP i guess but i thought i'd ask anyway. im so OP in that save anyway it wouldn't even matter from that perspective. does it exist as a ship i can buy/spawn in? or is it just the space station like building?

That's the TSC forgeship/battlestation. You're basically not supposed to pilot it or have it in your fleet, just like you're not really supposed to pilot a battlestation. You can, however, add it through console commands if you just wanna mess around with it.

Not just with console commands, like how some ppl have acquired Remnant ships via editing and removing the Unboardables tag, you can do the same for others

Granted Battle stations shouldn't be pilotable as that doesnt make sense

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2020, 04:13:43 AM »

Nice addition to the bse game, love how pirate get some force to be reckon with :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

noname_z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2020, 07:46:36 AM »

Mod conflict?
I'm a chinese player and I'm now playing this mod (the Chinese translate version) with the unknown skies mod and without Nexerelin. I found that when these 2 mods are enabled in the same time, the generation of the constellation will be bugged and no planet can get "habitable" tag, even for the terran planet. I wonder that this could be caused by the conflict generating plugins or the pregen .csv files.

Shlinko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2021, 09:28:08 PM »

Loving the mod and the playstyle the drone weapons introduce, is there a list of all the added weapons anywhere I may have missed?

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »

Okay, real ***, how did you set the drones to self destruct? I had initially assumed they were like ships, run out of CR then die to malfunctions, but the drones ship entries are almost blank. I'm not sure what the hell I would change to modify their duration.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2021, 11:03:32 AM »

It is done via script as that is the only way to do it, and is also a *required* aspect for the things to balance out ok.

braciszek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2021, 10:15:39 PM »

Is Tyrador dead? :C

scrye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2021, 02:17:52 PM »

I sure hope not!  This is one of my favourite faction mods.  Would love to see an update.

Machine, wherever you are, I hope things are going well for you!

scrye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »

Incidentally, I tried just running the mod as-is with a version adjustment in the modinfo file, but unfortunately the game runs into errors on startup.  Not sure if there’s some hacky way to work around that in the meantime. =\

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2021, 04:25:02 PM »

Meanwhile, it is possible, considering the source is included, you would need to fix some scripts, first and then recompile the mod. This might be quite hard considering that you would need to start with the 0.9a version, instead of the unreleased 0.91a version.

Hopefully, Machine might be working on an update, but who knows? ;)

Spoiler
On a side note, I'm fine, I've been mostly swamped with work regarding my PhD, especially due to the pandemic, which forced me to shift the focus of my thesis heavily towards bioinformatics, an area of research where I wasn't too skilled a year ago.

Granted, the current situation is not much better, since as soon as this second quarantine period ends, I'll enslave myself to the lab's workbench, so no promises on when I might release this update, and while it seems to be stable enough, there is no proper integration of the new story mechanics yet. Guess I might release a WIP stable version, if I find myself with no free time at all again.
[close]

scrye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »

Nice to hear from you!  Good luck with the PhD, sounds tough.  What topic in bioinformatics, out of curiosity?

Yeah, I%u2019ll freely admit I wouldn%u2019t know where to start on fixing the mod, I%u2019m no ace programmer.  It%u2019s nice to know the source is included though!

When you have time, even a stable hot fix patch without new content would be appreciated, although I%u2019ll definitely look forward to seeing the new story mechanics integrated as well.  (I miss the sandcaster Shepherds!)  I%u2019m liking the new story point system in 0.95 so far.

Those screenshots look great!

EDIT: Sorry for the weird punctuation but apparently the forum hates my system apostrophe symbol for some reason, can%u2019t seem to fix it at the moment. =\
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:16:12 PM by scrye »

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »

Meanwhile, it is possible, considering the source is included, you would need to fix some scripts, first and then recompile the mod. This might be quite hard considering that you would need to start with the 0.9a version, instead of the unreleased 0.91a version.

Hopefully, Machine might be working on an update, but who knows? ;)

Spoiler
On a side note, I'm fine, I've been mostly swamped with work regarding my PhD, especially due to the pandemic, which forced me to shift the focus of my thesis heavily towards bioinformatics, an area of research where I wasn't too skilled a year ago.

Granted, the current situation is not much better, since as soon as this second quarantine period ends, I'll enslave myself to the lab's workbench, so no promises on when I might release this update, and while it seems to be stable enough, there is no proper integration of the new story mechanics yet. Guess I might release a WIP stable version, if I find myself with no free time at all again.
[close]

Dude!!!!!!!!!!! That's been quite a long stretch!
Welcome back.
Do it yourself, as people always say.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16