Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241325 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. Obviously, I didn't expect that file to be up-to-date since your mod hasn't been officially updated for version 0.9.1a yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up for if/when you do release an updated version.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »

I like mint green, but I like olive green too!  :D

You have great plans, the mod future looks promising for sure.

I think it is a good idea to remove redundant ships. I would even suggest to dump the TSC Wolf, but I respect your decision to keep it - and I'm curious about the stats adjustments you are doing. Maybe, long term, the TSC Wolf will morph into something entirely different.

About Atrio platforms and the TSC stations, my understanding is there will be two stations types - one for all of the Atrio platforms and one for the main TSC station used on other TSC planets/colonies. Have you considered doing something similar to the vanilla stations - with different tiers/levels/upgrades for the main TSC station? I guess it would be possible with your design by having more or less green and blue sections built in according to the station tier.

About skills: yeah, wait and see is probably the best approach at this point, though it's probably a good time to gather TSC-specific ideas.

Drone-specific skill sounds interesting. Level 1 skill that increase CR? I'm not sure, based on vanilla skills it sounds powerful, depends how much CR would be gained and ... does the skill add benefits to the piloted ship or does it add a hullmod the player is supposed to add to its ships (with an OP cost) ?

Random bits of ideas for a skill. One of the thing that define a TSC fleet in my mind is having Lance and Halberd dash forward with their special green front-shield on and opening fire. How about having Skill on the Combat tree that would improve the "dash" (speed and/or distance and/or turn abilities), improve the shield (arc and/or flux stats), improve ship flux stats while the Ram Drive system is active, reduce/eliminate flameout chance if it's a thing. It could be used both by player and officers. Call it something like Ram Drive Mastery skill.  8)

MauraudahBombah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2019, 03:53:12 AM »

What is the name of the dedicated launch bay hullmod file? i want to edit it slightly because i have a ship with multiple parts but it's actually a capital sized ship.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »

are drones supposed to be able too vent flux passively and actively?i thought they were  supposed too self destruct upon hitting max flux, and right now, they feel like fighters but just plain better

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2019, 02:38:19 AM »

Hello, it looks like I'm stuck in a glitch for my whole current playthrough or a very weird annoying design choice with this Faction's Planets' Trade:
Spoiler
[close]
  Sorry for the large image I just took a screenshot, but anyway the Problem is there is no black market, therefor I can't sell these drugs that the planet needs, also there seems to be almost no other resources. It's not a horribly dieing planet with all trades cut off it just seems glitched is the only thing I can think of, especally as this is how it is for EVERY Coalition in my current game. I am up to date and here is a much smaller image of my mods folder, all of them EXCEPT NEXERELIN, are in play:
Spoiler
[close]

Edit: there I compacted them with the /spoiler tool :D
Edit 2: I noticed that the planet actually is "dieing" in many ways but... shouldn't that make the blackmarket more active, not straight up deleted? Again Black Market being GONE is the same for all Coralition planes, and only theirs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 02:45:33 AM by GigaVivian »

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »

@lechibang & pairedeciseaux:
I'm not sure yet about this, but I'm leaning to add some extra graphical feedback to IPC hullmods, which would mean doing some extra sprite work for all ships that have IPC (would work in a similar way to how Modular holds works). Considering the extra work it would mean regarding the "IPC skins" will likely remove them.
Specifically, graviton lensing would grant glowing conduits/tubes around energy/synergy mounts, shielded plating would jitter the ship's sprite when it takes damage, and sand caster add some yellow particle emitters.
Regarding stations, they will be buildable, the proper stations I mean (not the ones for Atrio) and they will have stages. The small scheme does not include every module, and was only meant to show the location of the main modules in the final stage.

@MauraudahBombah:
TSC_ConvertedHangar.java, although the mod is packed into a jar file so directly editing won't help much.

@123nick:
All drones, both fighter-like drones and weapon spawned drones, can vent. Only the shield emitter deployed from the new phase frigate can't do so. What happens to all the spawned content is that they lose CR quickly and then when it is very low they either overload and get destroyed, or if able, try to kamikaze first.

@GigaVivian:
Hmm, that's weird, if it is affecting all TSC markets... only the markets in Magec, and Penelope's Star were meant to not have black markets, considering they are basically static fleets. If that is killing the markets, it would be an oversight. I will be removing those markets in the future so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
However, if it is affecting the markets in Atrio, Arcon, Reydes and Akvan, let me know, I would love to check the savegame, since it shouldn't be happening.

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2019, 04:08:58 AM »

Oh well I mean personally I really don't like the idea of any trade spot, planet or star base of sorts, not having a Black Market. A Black Market that's almost impossible to get to with transender off or risky with it on because of heavy, Transender requiring patrols ... of course. But no BM seems unrealistic, even IRL North Korea has infamious organized crime that imports and exports regularly, though any number of means.

But anyway bug wise as I remember this was happening with every single planet under this faction No black market. But I do think the almost no resources is part of that planet getting absolutly destroyed by it's Waring system neighbors. I was trying to do what good old SsethTzeentach's YouTUbe video taught me and sell the pirate's drugs and other resources to the planet. Without the BM there's noway to ever trade them drugs let alone... well soothe the slow death of that planet with said drugs. The planet was certainly very dead as you can see in the screenshot. Anyway if it is somehow usuable I do got my last save in drop box. I had to cancel that playthrough due to not investing into my factions defenses before 2 4 star Pirate fleets came to destroy my faction. Probably gonna try Nexerelin so I can watch how it's done while under one of them.
Anyway if you want the save I'll message ya the dropbox, I'll of course wait till you say so just in case. The Planet shown didn't fully die I think, and if it did, I have other older saves of that run, just be sure to keep the mod list in mind, all but Nexerelin.

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »

I absolutely L O V E the sabre, especially the Pirate variant. Use ONLY anti shield guns, doubled missile capacity mod and shred absolutely everything with your 2 medium missile slots after draining the shields very quickly. Or phase behind something and put 4 hammer missiles into its butt-end. Absolutely deadly to bigger ships.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »

The Sagaris under AI control does not seem to know what to do with its weapons. It will keep the missiles pointed at the target, but will not turn sideways to use the guns until it runs out of missiles. That is usually a lot of lost DPS. Maybe some hardpoint angles could be adjusted, or the AI modified?

Edit: This happens specifically when the Rainstorm Lotus Launcher is installed, so possibly a general AI issue with missiles that require a specific firing direction. When I changed it to Sabots, the ship started turning correctly in a fight.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:57:32 PM by Modo44 »

Crashtronaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. Obviously, I didn't expect that file to be up-to-date since your mod hasn't been officially updated for version 0.9.1a yet, but I just wanted to give you a heads up for if/when you do release an updated version.

I cannot use this mod whatsoever because of this issue. is there a way to remove the gen files? I mostly want to try the ships

Xenoit1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2019, 04:36:28 AM »

The mod causes crashes for me...
Log claims the following:
..."ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/shaders/material/ships/astral/astral_material.png] resource, not found in"...(list of possible sources)...
and then:
Spoiler
at com.fs.util.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.C.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.OooO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadTexture(Unknown Source)
   at org.dark.shaders.util.TextureData.readTextureDataCSV(TextureData.java:191)
   at data.scripts.CoalitionModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(CoalitionModPlugin.java:54)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Hope that helps

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2019, 06:56:16 PM »

@Modo44:
Added to the To Do list.

@Crashtronaut:
Could I get a crash report, or more information?
Those procgen conditions are empty, and AFAIK the new, missing, columns would be empty as default, so even if the file has the old format it should not matter, in this case... which means that something else might be causing an issue.
Secondly, I can start the game and a new campaign just fine with the current release version, including the ED mod... which I guess is the other mod you're using due to your other post.
Also, if you just want to test mod ships you might want to activate dev mode in the config files, which will let you enter the variant editor and see all ships, both from vanilla and all installed mods, including normally unavailable to the player content.

@Xenoit1:
Crash report is just telling me that (at least) the astral_material map from graphics lib is missing or wasn't loaded by the game for some reason. The line that points to my code is the line that loads the material, surface and normal graphical maps file location data. The CSV is loading fine, considering it is not crashing at the first file listed within it.
Tried loading the game with the current release, and the newest graphics lib and had no issues; check if the astral_material.png resides within its folder in the graphics lib mod, if not, redownload graphics lib. Otherwise... no idea, since I can't replicate it.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2019, 01:31:23 PM »

Hi,
Not sure if someone has already say this issue, but:

When i have look something on the discord, i have see your Dedicated launch bay, i have download the mod for look it.

But... when i compare this hullmod with converted hangar like i compare DTC with ITU, the difference is very strong... Same with the 50% OP Fighter cost. This is just a converted hangar without the malus of damage taken increased of 50% and the fighter speed reduce of 30%, which add more launch bay depends of the hullsize.

But, like you can got the dedicated launch bay before converted hangar, compared to DTC with ITU, i believe than you need to out a nerfhammer on this hullmod. Or reduce it to only your ships, maybe? Because i believe than people can made madness things with it.
After, yeah, the modular launch bay hullmod need keep the current state.

I have look every others hullmods of your mod and they look all pretty balanced and very very very cool (the system of these hullmods are cool).

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2019, 05:50:42 PM »

i really like the mod! however, the lotus class torpedos, when the projectiles re-orient and re-accelerate, they feel like a gauranteed miss unless you have EECM. like, ive NEVER seen em hit. AT ALL. unless EECM is present. they just dont aim properly and end up just barely missing the enemy ship, even if its like a stationary target. is this intended?

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2019, 01:24:18 AM »

i recently added tons of faction mods so i was browsing the codex for new ships to add when i came across the Anvil class. am i right that this is just a unique building not a actual ship i can add to my fleet? because i went to the system in the description and even after conquering the coalition i couldn't add it to my fleet. would be absolutely OP i guess but i thought i'd ask anyway. im so OP in that save anyway it wouldn't even matter from that perspective. does it exist as a ship i can buy/spawn in? or is it just the space station like building?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16