Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241961 times)

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1 (updated January 6, 2019)
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »

Current consumer research has made our company aware that the public approval of our main "Cool Mint" flavored product is not what it was before.
But fear not, in order to satiate your appetite, the Arconian Faculty of Ice-cream Development, has created 3 new Coalition flavors for your enjoyment!!!.
We proudly present you our new members to the Shipsicletm family...

The original Cool Mint is now accompanied by the new flavors such as,  Greek Olives, Executive Berries, and Ancient Grapes, all now available for download.

Jokes/fun aside, just download a skin pack and overwrite the mod's files. The packs include all applicable (green) TSC combat vessels, missiles and weapons... with the exception of the forgeship.
Eventually, I might make the olive color the default coloration, and keep "Cool Mint" as an alternative download along the partial TT coloration, not sure about the purple one, that one is a joke, heh I guess we'll see.

Cool Mint (Original Flavor)
Greek Olives
Executive Berries
Ancient Grapes

I've been taking note of the discussion. To be honest, I had expected some earlier feedback regarding the changes to the "Modular Hold" ships, specially the Angon. The burn speed issue is an oversight, since I forgot about militarized subsystems; so I'll probably drop their speed by one burn level, not sure if I'll do so for all of them. I might also make the modular versions of the logistic mods not require docking, but that might need some testing.

Ravenholme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2019, 06:34:25 PM »

I like the alternate colour schemes, the olive is definitely more visually appealing than the cool mint in my opinion. I definitely appreciate you giving people choice in that regard.

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2019, 08:28:38 PM »

I've also made a recolor of the mod, which Machine has given me permission to share in the thread.
Spoiler
[close]
Weaponry is recolored too, just not included in the image.
https://mega.nz/#!4NphlCwK!nwHGupRt4_1_S9NkFc7CCuTyJ8xFMF18mjVMzwZtAS4

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:44:00 PM by peperoni_playboy »

Kittah Khan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2019, 06:13:20 AM »

Oddly enough, I like the grayish purple the most. Feels a bit more workmanlike and menacing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:16:18 AM by Kittah Khan »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »

The hard flux generated by the disruptor burst beam isnt noticeable. If the weapons intent is to pop shields, you may want to lower the base damage and increase the fractional hard flux, otherwise the graviton beam is still strictly better having 200 extra range.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2019, 05:38:57 PM »

I had encountered a flux vent bug?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

The bug in question is that no matter how many points are put into vents, the vent-rate doesn't show an increase in the loadout screen.

(This ship in question was obtained after battling and successfully defeating an expeditionary force going for saturation bombardment, then salvaging the aftermath.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »

I kinda like the "ancient grapes" look too - although I probably wouldn't have known it was purplish if you hadn't told me. (It just looks gray to me...)

Color discussions aside, I have run into an odd problem while refitting one of the newer ships - the Corseque destroyer. Nothing I do seems to increase the ship's flux dissipation rate - I maxxed the number of vents at 20 and even tried adding the Flux Distributor hull mod, but the dissipation rate didn't budge at all. I thought maybe it was just a display issue, but a quick trip to the simulator leads me to believe otherwise.

- Oops, sorry for the double bug report - looks like I got beat to the punch. For the record, I purchased my ship from the marketplace.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:00:55 PM by Morathar »

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:19 PM »

I've had the flux dissipation issue with the Angon (modular cargo hauler) as well, although it's not as crippling as on something like the Corseque since I outfit it exclusively for various cargo hauling.

Another, much smaller thing that could be looked at is the Plasma Lance's fluff, as it's still based on pre-.9's Plasma cannon which was a lot more of a flux hog.

"The Plasma Lance is a dangerous weapon designed as Coalition's answer to the prodigious quanitites of flux generated by a Plasma Cannon, in order to mount it on smaller vessels.  To diminish the Plasma Cannon's requirements, the Plasma Lance shell is composed by a single smaller microfusion bomb...  As the overall process is considerably less demanding to the hardware, the Plasma Lance is capable of maintaining a considerably faster fire rate."

So the description still implies that the Lance has a faster fire rate (last sentence), a slightly less potent charge (smaller bomb), and that it consumes less flux (first sentence).  None of these are are currently true compared to .9 Plasma Cannon though: P-Lance has a more powerful projectile (800 vs 500 energy damage), more flux/shot (1200 vs 550) and flux/second (900 vs 825), and fire rate (about .75 shots/sec vs 1.5 shots/sec)

Anyways, I'm liking the mod.  I found a very... interesting system and planet that generated in my most recent play-through, that was a nice touch.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »

Well that was an interesting bug report, I was a bit perplexed since the Corseque is quite simple, there's nothing special about it besides the shipsystem, which made it easy to identify the culprit, specially after seeing it was also affecting all ships with a Ram Drive... Anyway, it was an easy fix.

I'm not going to make an official minor patch for this issue alone though; I would rather wait for additional bug fixes, balance changes and/or to finish some extra content. However I'll upload a fixed jar file...

Download Hotfix

Just replace the mod's jar file with this one, and that should do it.

Spoiler
if you want a clearer look at the WIP sprite, and had already downloaded a recolor pack you might want to check the ship folder.
[close]

Updated the main download to include the hotfix.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:04:11 PM by Machine »

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1 (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »

Niche bug to squash; the Anomaly systems are being created as blank systems with nothing in them, which as it turns out is unexpected and crashes out the vanilla Academic quest if it happens to randomly iterate across it while looking for a place to spawn.

Starsector log;
Code
1917747 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseThemeGenerator.getInnerRadius(BaseThemeGenerator.java:1171)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseThemeGenerator.getLocations(BaseThemeGenerator.java:761)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseThemeGenerator.pickHiddenLocation(BaseThemeGenerator.java:736)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.ScientistAICoreBarEvent.doConfirmActionsPreAcceptText(ScientistAICoreBarEvent.java:75)

The relevant part of BaseThemeGenerator.getInnerRadius is here, with the last line being 1171
Code
	public static float getInnerRadius(StarSystemAPI system) {
switch (system.getType()) {
case NEBULA:
return 0;
case SINGLE:
case BINARY_FAR:
case TRINARY_2FAR:
return system.getStar().getRadius();

Because there is no star it cannot find the radius nor the star and crashes.  So no blank systems ;)
Please check rows 22-25 in data.scripts.world.CoalitionGen

Thanks goes to discord users Nicke535 for the requisite code detective work and Neadlak & Archange for reporting it and being wonderful helping to diagnose.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2019, 05:55:18 PM »

Thanks for the bug report, niche bug squashed for good of all future new games.
Additionally added a small script that runs on game load that checks if any of the "ghost" star systems exists and then removes it, and if they don't, it does nothing.
So this update will work on old saves, including Nexerelin random core worlds saves (yes, the anomaly systems generate normally on those as well  ;)).

Download 1.6.1c

Full download this time, including version number increase, just so players using version checker know of the update, mainly because of the potential random gamecrash source.

On a sidenote the fix can also be done manually, if you don't want to download the update.... for some reason.
Spoiler
  • Open your campaign.xml file in your relevant savegame forlder
  • MAKE A BACKUP
  • search for the following:
    dN="Anomaly Star System"
    dN="Anomaly I Star System"
    dN="Anomaly II Star System"
    dN="Anomaly III Star System"
  • Delete the "Sstm" tags that contain them*
*just selecting the <Sstm on notepad ++ will highlight the whole block that you want to delete, otherwise just select from <Sstm to the line that ends </Sstm>, including it.
[close]

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2019, 06:47:56 PM »

Damn, that was quick.  ;D
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »

Thanks for the bug report, niche bug squashed for good of all future new games.
Additionally added a small script that runs on game load that checks if any of the "ghost" star systems exists and then removes it, and if they don't, it does nothing.
So this update will work on old saves, including Nexerelin random core worlds saves (yes, the anomaly systems generate normally on those as well  ;)).

This is really good.  Thanks for taking the time to make it save compatible :)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2019, 01:59:02 AM »

Do the drones benefit from the missile skill? Or the carrier/fighter tree?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:12:43 AM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

Taking into consideration the vanilla skills, at the moment, only "Fighter Doctrine level 2" would have any real effect in the spawned drones, by making them a bit tougher.
Additionally, the "Expanded Missile Racks" hullmod, unlocked by "Missile Specialization level 2" increases their ammunition count, it might not seem as much, considering the drones regenerate slowly, but the weapon cooldown is faster than their ammo regeneration time, so the hullmod allows you to fire a second wing of drones. This pairs extremely well with ships with the "Drone Swarm" shipsystem, since it replenishes their ammo count and resets their cooldown.

Additionally, in order to account for modded content; any shipsystems, hullmods or skills, that would improve missile weaponry fire rate, cooldown, ammo count or ammo regeneration, should affect the drone spawner weaponry (not the drones themselves; but would increase the number of available drones). Stuff like projectile speed, manoeuvrability, hitpoints, or weapon damage won't have any effect though. Stuff that affects a carrier's fighters won't have any effect either, since the drones are not bound to the carrier.
However anything that has a fleet wide effect should, as long as it is set to affect fighters, it should buff/debuff the drones, similarly to how the "Fleet Server" hullmod acts buffing all fighters that are close to the ship that has it.

This said, the "Hive Launcher" is an exception, since it would benefit from any missile buff, and no fighter buff, considering it is a proper missile weapon that it is set to work in conjunction with the "Drone Swarm" shipsystem.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16