Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241930 times)

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.0 (updated December 25, 2018)
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »

I haven't updated the mod yet, so the files being still there was to be expected, also I don't have a linux machine to test the mod, so that feedback point is greatly appreciated, thanks.  ;D.

evilphish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »

In that case it comes as no surprise that the files are still present in the zip. ^^ And of course you are very welcome regarding the case issue... least I can do really. Thank you so much for your mod. ;)

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2019, 04:27:52 AM »

I think I've found a bug caused by this mod; my game crashes whenever I try to auto-fit my Ranseur (TT).

Spoiler
1728265 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyToShip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.oOOO.Õ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.oOOO.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.I.syncUIWithVariant(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:424)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.void.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]

All of the Ranseur auto-fit templates are for the Tyrador skin so I am wondering if the game is trying to fit integrated particle conduits to the TT skin.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:00:05 PM by 00lewnor »

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2019, 09:08:04 PM »

Heya, had a crash happen when I was entering battle. The only thing I can think that could be related is that I had Shield Overrides from SWP installed on my Halberd and that played bad with the Ram Drive system?

6140640 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.AI.Ships.TSC_ShieldEmitterAI.advance(TSC_ShieldEmitterAI.java:81)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship$ShipAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

EDIT: Yeah, the crashes stopped after removing it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:14:38 PM by Kitfox88 »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2019, 11:00:44 AM »

You might wanna add that this refers to Tyrador.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1 (updated January 6, 2019)
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »

Version 1.6.1 (for Starsector 0.9a)
Happy Nex Year!!! edition
More information on the original post

(Requirements: LazyLib, MagicLib)
(Supported by DynaSector)

The download contains, mainly bugfixes, I managed to load a save made with the 1.6.0 release, and had no issues, much to my surprise...
However, I strongly recommend to start a new save, considering Nexerelin's release, also meanwhile loading an older save might work, you won't benefit from all bugfixes, specially the doubled ruins bugs.

As an added feature, the retrofit market available conversion data is presented in a new better, IMHO, way. This leaves me with a considerable amount of extra space to add more conversions at a later date, also expanded a bit the list of available conversions to include more non-updated yet mods. The lists will change according the mods you have installed.

Additionally added "IPC" variant skins of many high tech ships, to get them you'll need to unlock the retrofitting market, convert one of the listed ships, and wait until it is done. Keep in mind that the market only accepts ships with no Dmods, so you might need to restore them before converting them. The "IPC", named as such for the "Integrated Particle Conduits" hullmod, adds that hullmod to the ship, and the effect weapon required for the "Fleet Server" hullmod, it also adds all the negatives of having the IPC hullmod.

At the moment the IPC conversion includes almost all vanilla phase ships (gremlin excluded). Converting a phase ship, however, might not be the best idea at the moment, since they can't mount "Shielded Plating", partly benefit from "Sand Caster", leaving only "Graviton Lensing" with its full effect, and beam weapons are not usually what you would mount on them; they do benefit from "Fleet Server" though, although I'm not sure if that is helpful.
I do plan to add some IPC hullmods that benefit phase ships at a later date though.

As something of note, the conversion market should work for ships added my mods, and since its list is no longer autogenerated, some ships that would have been listed separately, have been grouped. As an example, a wolf variant skin added by some mod, that wasn't actually a skin file, but a different ship (like my own TSC wolf), would be considered as already added in the "reconstruction list", when before it might have appeared as a doubled entry in the list.
There is a vanilla bug, which I mentioned previously, where illegal transfer texts, won't work on "storage markets" for ships, meanwhile this bug has already been notified, it might explain why some ships that might appear as conversion able, aren't. At the moment the TSC will refuse converting Cabal ships (there's no real reason why, but as I picture it, lorewise, the TSC might be worried of potential "troyans" built-into Cabal ships), and also ships with Dmods, need to be restored properly before converting.

Anyway, if I missed some mod-added ship, or you think I should add a specific conversion, just post a comment, changing the part that handles the conversion list of the market script is fully save compatible.

"Full changelog" in the section below.

New Retrofitting Market
Spoiler

Unmodded (mostly, just the bare basics, and my mod)

Heavily modded (almost all mods available, and some that aren't, sadly not many changes yet, since most fall into already existing lists)

[close]

Changelog:

Version 1.6.1:
Spoiler
   -Nexerelin compatibility changes.
   -Improved the tooltip of Arcon's retrofitting submarket.
   -Added IPC (Integrated Particle Conduits) "skins" (technically, they still use the same sprite) to some high tech ships, this allows them to mount the IPC dependant hullmods and fleet server.
   -Added the ability to transform some vanilla ships into their IPC skins, via the retrofitting submarket at Arcon.
   -Fixed a potential gamecrash issues related to a pair of ship skins with a pre-applied D-overlay.
   -Fixed linux gamecrash related to case sensitivity.
   -Fixed a gamecrash issue when refitting the ship skins of ships with modules.
   -Removed modules from all ships that had a Ram Drive shipsystem; the shipsystem no longer depends on it. Can't do the same for Burst shield though.
   -Adarga (P), is no longer a skin of the Adarga, this won't be apparent to the player, but is part of the gamecrash bugfix.
   -Replaced Vanguard Halberd shipsystem with fortress shield, a sad consequence of the bugfix.   
   -Removed all Dmods from pirate skins, with the exception Damaged Particle Conduits.
   -Fixed doubled ruins planetary conditions bug from appearing in procgen planets.
   -Reduced drop chance of TSC individual ship, fighter and weapons blueprints. This also increased very slightly the drop chance of the TSC blueprints packages.   
   -Reduced the beam width of the Strategic Laser and removed its flare effect, to make it more visually consistent with its power.

-Balance Changes:
      -Halberd (Vanguard)-class Battleship:
         -Replaced "Shield Burst" shipsystem with "Fortress Shields".
      -Medusa (D)-class Destroyer:
         -Removed blueprint tags, was wrongly added to the pirate tag.
      -Ram Drive shipsystem:
         -No longer requires a module to work.
         -Shield activation happens very slightly later, about 0.5 seconds.
         -Shield remains on after the system finishes.
         -Since the system uses now the ship's own shield, AoE damage shield bleed through should followe the same exact rules as with shields.      
      -Dedicated Launch Bays hullmod:
         -Made incompatible with phase ships from the "Shadowyards" mod.
      -Integrated Particle Conduits hullmod:
         -Made incompatible with "Shield Bypass" hullmod from "Ship and Weapon Pack" mod.
         -Shielded Plating hullmod:
            -Made incompatible with ships without shields.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:46:11 PM by Machine »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2019, 08:14:59 PM »

I have been playing with the sliver gun/glass cannon and I don't think the AOE is big enough, it appears that when you fire at certain ships at certain angles it detonates the shot just outside the blast radius, At least that's how I interpret the lack of damage numbers when a volley hits.

Vulpis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:11 AM »

-Replaced Vanguard Halberd shipsystem with fortress shield, a sad consequence of the bugfix.
Aww, I literally used that ship for the Shield Burst system...
Any chance of it being added back on in the future or will this be permanent?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:00:03 AM by Vulpis »

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »

@Vulpis:
Had to change it as a consequence of a workaround of a vanilla "bug". As Alex told me "a skin having a different set of modules is most likely just an unsupported use case."
Meanwhile this did not directly affect the Vanguard Halberd (it used the same module as the base Halberd), it did affect the Ranseur (P) and (TT), and Adarga (P). Granted, it was first reported affecting a Vanguard Halberd, but that was spawned by using console commands with the "allhulls" command, and since it spawns ship skins without their modules, it would also cause the bug.

I would like to give the shipsystem back to it, but that would require me rewriting the Shield Burst shipsystem to not use a module and that makes it harder, since the shield needs a different collision type than the ship itself, and the way to do that was using a module with fighter collision type.

There are other workarounds that aren't ideal, like making the Vanguard Halberd not a ship skin (since it only affects skins), but that leaves you without the extra description paragraph when you mouse over your ship in the fleet screen; I did something similar to that for the pirate Adarga, which is now a skin of a "fake" module-less non-playable Adarga clone, so it no longer has less modules than its base ship.

Anyway, if this is fixed/supported in a subsequent version, along the fighter bug (which I think has already been fixed for the next Starsector version), then I would restore it, alternatively if I figure a different method to get the system working that does not require using a module, I would do so too.
And to be honest, I might just re-enable it, even if only the fighter bug gets resolved, that would leave me dealing with the occasional bug report that was caused by a ship spawned module-less with console commands, though that doesn't seem too bad.

@Spess Mahren:
Took a look at it, reduced the fuse range, keeping the same AoE, it helps a bit, still not ideal though. I'll look into doing a proximity fuse script for it.

Vulpis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2019, 06:35:53 AM »

Could you maybe ask the person who does the Neutrino faction? The Mammut has a similar ability.

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »

I rather like this mod but I can't help but feel that the Angon transport is a little bit too good. Burn 9 on a civilian freighter/tender/transport cruiser seems a bit fast, even if you effectively are giving up one of two hull mods for the modular mount. I've found that unless I really another hull for something like sensors or surveying equipment I have no reason to not use Angrons for cargo or fuel.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »

I rather like this mod but I can't help but feel that the Angon transport is a little bit too good. Burn 9 on a civilian freighter/tender/transport cruiser seems a bit fast, even if you effectively are giving up one of two hull mods for the modular mount. I've found that unless I really another hull for something like sensors or surveying equipment I have no reason to not use Angons for cargo or fuel.
Conversely, I've looked over their stats and found myself generally unimpressed; they're neat, and well designed, and compared to the gold standard of a Colossus, they just aren't quite as good at cargo hauling - the Colossus carries more for a lower supply cost and the same fuel cost, and if you really need burn 9, then a Colossus with augmented drive fields is still the better choice.
Now, they do make a decent tanker; there, at least, there's a choice to be made versus vanilla hulls; the Angon has more fuel capacity per unit fuel consumed, and a bigger cargo bay, at the cost of a higher supply usage and one fewer logistics slot.
I haven't bothered with any sort of analysis for crew carrying - that's something I do so infrequently that it just doesn't matter to me.  Similarly, the modular-fighter-bay version of the Angon is -neat-, but if I'm going for a cruiser carrier, I'd rather get a dedicated one.

Honestly, I really like all the modular ships, and would like to use them... but they're just... not that great.  Reminds me a bit of World of Warcraft, where hybrid classes that could fill any role were deliberately balanced to be worse than dedicated classes - and the result was people mostly not using those hybrid classes.  On the other hand, if you brought the Angon up to where it matched the Colossus' abilities... then who'd use anything else?  It's not a problem I've got an answer for.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »

I feel like if it's good enough as a freight vessel and can be deployed into combat and reasonably contribute - that's desirable enough. Especially if it's efficient. The neutrino piledriver is my favorite cargo ship for that reason with it's relative survivability, decent pd & shield efficiency, and good drones. It helps a lot to sway my decision when it's only a few supplies to bring in some more guns that probably aren't going to die instantly.

The problem is that for most ships that *could* be good like that, they don't have enough OP to fit campaign hullmods AND be fitted for combat right now. Most of the mod faction logistic ships are particularly guilty of this right now, with OP allowances that make Drams look generous for their class.

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2019, 03:55:47 PM »

Conversely, I've looked over their stats and found myself generally unimpressed; they're neat, and well designed, and compared to the gold standard of a Colossus, they just aren't quite as good at cargo hauling - the Colossus carries more for a lower supply cost and the same fuel cost, and if you really need burn 9, then a Colossus with augmented drive fields is still the better choice.
Now, they do make a decent tanker; there, at least, there's a choice to be made versus vanilla hulls; the Angon has more fuel capacity per unit fuel consumed, and a bigger cargo bay, at the cost of a higher supply usage and one fewer logistics slot.
I haven't bothered with any sort of analysis for crew carrying - that's something I do so infrequently that it just doesn't matter to me.  Similarly, the modular-fighter-bay version of the Angon is -neat-, but if I'm going for a cruiser carrier, I'd rather get a dedicated one.

Honestly, I really like all the modular ships, and would like to use them... but they're just... not that great.  Reminds me a bit of World of Warcraft, where hybrid classes that could fill any role were deliberately balanced to be worse than dedicated classes - and the result was people mostly not using those hybrid classes.  On the other hand, if you brought the Angon up to where it matched the Colossus' abilities... then who'd use anything else?  It's not a problem I've got an answer for.

A cargo-modded Angon has 100 less cargo than a Colossus and does have 4 more supplies per month, but it also carries more than twice as much fuel while consuming at the same rate, it's faster both in cruise terms (9 base vs 7) and in combat (50 vs 40. The Angon is tougher, the shield is better (.8 vs 1) but has drastically worse upkeep (270 vs 50), but it also has significantly better flux stats and a bit more armor. It's pretty much a military logistics vessel in all but the hull mod. Giving it either militarized subsystems to run with frigates (burn 10, lower sensor profile) or insulated engines to go with most everything else (burn 9) and not ruin your sensor profile.

Just feels like burn 8 might be a better spot for it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 03:59:10 PM by taerkar »

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2019, 09:22:03 PM »

honestly the biggest appeal of the modular transports was being able to swap what their module was in the field; say i've been using them as a tanker and i need more cargo space, swap the tank into a cargo hold and there i go. With the changes to logistics-based mods this isn't possible anymore, i have to track down a spaceport to do it, and in that case i'm better off buying and modding a dedicated ship for whatever i need
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16