Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.1c (hotfixed January 13, 2019)  (Read 241977 times)

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tyrador Safeguard Coalition 1.6.0 (updated December 25, 2018)
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »

Ooooohhhhhhh maaaan. I started a game with your mod, hunted for the Anomaly systems ASAP... spent a tense 10 minutes sneaking around it dodging patrols, managed to grab two of the derelects and book it out of there.

Now THAT was a fun thing to do early in a game.

Bugs so far:
1: Some planets are being generated with Scattered Ruins alongside whatever other ruins they have. So Vast & Scattered, Widespread & Scattered, etc.
2: The special planet in the Anomaly System: The special heavy manufacturing industry is not an upgrade to Heavy, instead it is built separately, which is redundant and has no function.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 06:34:48 PM by solardawning »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2018, 06:43:26 PM »

Yeah, the procgen work you've done is really great. Definitely a reminder to keep upping my game.

I've been playing around with the Mantlet and it's also way cool. Really pushing the bounds of the possible within the engine.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2018, 07:32:36 PM »

In terms of fun ship builds, this mod has made my day.

I've been struggling to find a fun use for the vanilla Falcon (P) with all of it's medium missile capability- but with Tyrador, it makes for a hilarious drone tender.

Try this:
Give it the Dedicated Launch Bays hullmod (gives it 2 fighter bays, with increased OP cost for fighters) with 2 Misericorde phase interceptor drones, then load out the medium missile and medium composite mounts with 4 dronepod launchers.

It's not really that powerful, but a fleet of them is fun to watch. It's like the All Shepard fleet turned up to 11.

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2018, 07:35:20 PM »

Bugs so far:
1: Some planets are being generated with Scattered Ruins alongside whatever other ruins they have. So Vast & Scattered, Widespread & Scattered, etc.
2: The special planet in the Anomaly System: The special heavy manufacturing industry is not an upgrade to Heavy, instead it is built separately, which is redundant and has no function.

Managed to replicate the first bug, not sure what it is causing it though, I have a hunch though, considering the only planets that I've found so far with the issue had the same type as the "Anomaly Planet"... Are the planets you found with this issue also only "Barren-Desert" typed planets?.

The second issue is not a bug, but a known issue, sadly.
I could make it an upgrade, however that means editing the heavy industry/orbital works entry, which breaks compatibility with any other mod that also modifies it, be it to add an upgrade, like I wanted, or add an incompatibility, which was also something that I considered.
Taking this into account, and considering that it can only be built in 2 places, the "Anomaly Planet" and Arcon, I decided that it's better to live with the issue, rather than ruin it for other mods.

The only possible fix, I can see for this, at the moment, is to make another Library-like mod that modifies all vanilla industries (ideally) to use an extended script that adds some sort of compatibility/incompatibility/upgrade method for other mods to hook into it... which might be a lot of work, and still prone to fail, if another mod doesn't support it.

Note that they are not completely redundant, both industries will stack their inherent ship quality bonus, allowing you to reach 100% quality without a nanoforge. Nanoforges themselves won't stack though, and having a corrupted and pristine one installed at the same time (one in the Orbital Manufactorum, and the other in Orbital Works), might make the corrupt nanoforge take priority.

Also glad you had fun finding and sneaking around in "The Anomaly", I hope it wasn't too easy to find; also the systems, and constellation will change their name and location if you make a new save, so the novelty shouldn't die too quickly.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2018, 04:26:02 AM »

Awesome stuff
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

edit:
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
Alex plz fix is only 104 KB
On the left half of the Bell curve

Kitfox88

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2018, 02:19:50 PM »

Hell yeah, now I can tool around in my favorite Halberds once again!

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2018, 10:42:59 PM »

Really liking the update and want to mention some things I have noticed playing a game long enough to survey half a regular sized sector. First it seems the dedicated launch bay hull mod seems intended for ships that have innate hanger bays but right now it can be applied to any ship that can take converted hanger bay, making the latter useless. Secondly with salvaging 3 the lions share of blueprints I'm getting are all Tyrador with a total of several duplicates of a number of Tyrador capitals while I have only gotten a single vanilla capital, making me think the drop odds need adjusting. Lastly it seems the code implies there should be blueprint packages for Tyrador but all I am getting are single item blueprints, even for things that do not have a rare_bp tag......actually just looking at the code right now the ID's in special_items.csv do not match the tags in the ship/fighter/weapon files so that would explain it.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2018, 12:46:24 AM »

Bugs so far:

Managed to replicate the first bug, not sure what it is causing it though, I have a hunch though, considering the only planets that I've found so far with the issue had the same type as the "Anomaly Planet"... Are the planets you found with this issue also only "Barren-Desert" typed planets?.
I've found it on a pair of Terran worlds and an Alkali world. I'll keep an eye out for any other planets with them.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2018, 05:37:06 AM »

Are cargo hold modular containers really supposed to count against the global limit of 2 logistic upgrades? Aren't they faction+hull specific feature? I understand adding mass, reducing flux, adding crew, etc, but reducing global upgrades availability seems illogical.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »

@Spess Mahren:
Regarding the "dedicated launchbays", originally I planned to have "converted hangar" altered by my mod, in order to add an extension to its script and add an exception so it could be mounted on ships with a modular hold that also had launch bays.
There were some issues with that though, since converted hangar works quite differently to the "expanded cargo holds", "auxiliary fuel tanks" and "additional berthing" mods, considering it is not a logistical hullmod, and it also doesn't require a dock to install.
Because of that a player could exchange one of those hullmods for the upgraded modular version of converted hangar, at any time. The answer was to either add a similar hullmod to converted hangar, or modify converted hangar even further; after discussing it a bit, the alternative similar hullmod idea seems to be less intrusive, and due to that it was implemented.

I admit it is superior to converted hangar, but in contrast it does use a logistic slot, and requires a dock to install, it is also a bit more expensive for capitals.

Regarding the drops, I was already aware, and already fixed it. I've been doing a proper long normal playthrough for testing purposes, rather than several short ones looking for specific things, and because of it noticed this issue.
Also, the Coalition tech packages do drop (the 2 that are supposed to, at least), but they are a bit rare by themselves, the TSC blueprint package is a expensive one, and it will drop along all other tech packages, but it can only randomly roll if the value of the loot is at least 40000 credits, the TSC auxiliary tech package, which has all the retrofits and civilian vessels is valued at 20000 credits.

I redownloaded my mod, just to check if I messed something but the tech packages do point to the correct tags, "package_bp" on the package itself, so it will drop along the other blueprint packages, and on the plugin params line to the (weapon, fighter, ship) blueprint tags they should contain (TSC_base_bp, TSC_aux_bp, TSC_rare_bp and TSC_vanguard_bp; where the last 2 are packages unable to drop normally, and just there for testing purposes).

Anyway, the issue was that I decided to add the "TSC_rare_bp" tag to the drop_groups.csv file, in order to avoid adding the ships, weapons, fighters to the vanilla tag "rare_bp", this was done in the case someone used that tag for a faction, and suddenly you had a random faction rolling with TSC ships, for no apparent reason.
Meanwhile this approach works, as an example, it makes it so that if your roll a drop from the "blueprints" group you would be given either a vanilla rare_bp, a TSC_rare_bp, or rarely a blueprint package. This would cause an over-abundance of Coalition blueprint drops, making vanilla and package drops rarer. So at the moment I've integrated the relevant ships into vanilla's "rare_bp" drop group, while also maintaining the tag for the blueprint packages. I've been testing this by making the custom debris fields in the anomaly drop only blueprints at an obscene drop value,

Good news is, the fix seems to be save compatible, since drop_groups are not altered, only their contents and that's used after salvaging, and that I had no issues with a save made before the fix.

@cjusa:
Thanks, I think I've fixed it, however can't be sure 100%, considering chance is a big factor here, but so far I've made about 10 saves, and none had planets with doubled ruins (thankfully you can text search this stuff on the save). Seems to be fixed since I added the anomaly planet to the procgen list with a frequency of 0 (forgot to do that; did not notice it appearing in other systems during testing since it being a custom planet was a late addition to the update), and removing the category entry for the orbital ring condition, which was required to be in the procgen because the anomaly planet can be surveyed, otherwise it gives a nullpointer error.
Still not sure why the orbital ring condition was being replaced by scattered ruins though... If anything I think the bug was a combination of the "anomaly planet" having no procgen data, and then rolling for the orbital ring condition more often than other planet types, and then that condition was transformed into a copy of scattered ruins.

Bad news is that this fix is not save compatible, shouldn't crash the game though, but you won't get any changes either until a new game is made.

@DinoZavarski:
It's mainly due to the price of versatility, so consider it balancing. Also the hullmods it upgrades are already logistics hullmods, so consistency is also factoring into it. And I wouldn't be opposed if someone else wanted to implement a ship with the same hullmod in their mod, as long as it was kept consistent between mods.

Considering these fixes, and after some extra testing on my part, I plan to release an update, most likely tomorrow.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2018, 01:38:10 PM »

Are cargo hold modular containers really supposed to count against the global limit of 2 logistic upgrades? Aren't they faction+hull specific feature? I understand adding mass, reducing flux, adding crew, etc, but reducing global upgrades availability seems illogical.

I personally changed the hard limit on logistics mods to make it more inline with the older version...Ive found 3 or 4 isnt out of line. 2 is too limiting and only the "best" ones are usually chosen leaving the rest as wasted design space.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »

There seems to be a crash when trying to autofit the Vanguard-edition Halberd.

The log:
Spoiler
173248 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyToShip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.oOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.oOOO.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.I.syncUIWithVariant(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:424)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.void.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.while.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.J.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.U.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2018, 08:14:55 PM »

Just to be sure, did you add the ship via console commands? or played the "To tame a land" mission?.

Since after some testing, this only happens if the "shield emitter" module is missing from the ship; spawning the ship variant (TSC_Halberd_Vanguard) with the "addship" command, gives you a fully loaded version with the modules intact, that can be refitted with no issues  ;). Recovering the Vanguard Halberd from the Anomaly should also be fine, since it shouldn't lose the module, if it was that one, then that is a another different bug to hunt, which I haven't encountered personally, so it would be nice to know.

This said, this bug seems to be a vanilla bug, already notified Alex about the issue, and sent him a test mod to replicate the issue. So thanks for the feedback.

And sadly, this also affects the pirate versions of the ranseur and adarga (they lack the module naturally), so try to avoid autofitting them... until I come up with a fix, which means the upcoming patch will get delayed a little bit. And this specific bugfix, will likely be a workaround, most likely just adding back the shield module to the pirate versions, but make it completely brain dead.

For some good news, I'm fairly sure the doubled ruins bug is gone, if it is not, I should probably start looking into gambling all my money, because my luck might be at stratospheric levels... checking all planets, in 30 saves, and none had the double ruins issue anymore, nor the orbital ring condition or reydian crab (just checked those 2, to be sure)... also thank god for word processors otherwise I would be still testing that.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »

ah, kk. I grabbed that one from storage via allships console command. Haven't yet had time to actually play Starsector the past couple days.

Btw, loving what you did for your glowing projectiles. Toss me a copy of that script, would you? ;)
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2018, 09:03:10 PM »

Heh, good to know.

also, sure go ahead, the script is TSC_ProjectileFX located in the data/scripts/plugins folder, just also credit MesoTroniK since he helped me a lot to make it, and gave me the original source, granted I did butcher that poor script horribly to the point it barely resembles the original.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16