Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Saved Variant Extractor  (Read 20104 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Saved Variant Extractor
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 11:18:49 AM »

Hm.  Probably the code is a bit out of date with recent updates to Starsector.  ...Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the original source code, which makes it a bit hard to update.

I can try to get a working version of this put together again this weekend, though; it was pretty simple to make the first time, so it shouldn't be that much harder to rebuild from scratch.  (Or, if the version you've got includes source code, I can PM you my email address, have you send me the existing version, and then work from that.)
You can't load him from here?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ciusb55ka3sas57/Saved_Variant_Converter.zip
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 07:13:55 AM »

Oh, apparently I can.  Huh, I remember that download not working the last time I tried it.  Okay then...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:17:51 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »

If you're curious, the change was a perfectly sensible one: Alex changed all the <string>blah</string> entries in the save format to <st>blah</st>.  I bet that actually saved a decent chunk of file size - but it broke my code that was looking for things named <string>.

Attaching the fixed code; yeah, the forum will auto-wipe that after a while, but maybe LazyWizard will be kind to those that aren't developers and package it up again; until then, my original instructions for compiling & running it should work fine.  (Note to self: maybe next weekend, I should sit down and do a proper packaging up myself; there are a few usability improvements that'd be worth considering...)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:39:48 AM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 [2]