Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Discussing game balance.  (Read 20738 times)

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Discussing game balance.
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 04:03:56 AM »

I'm not saying that you would send fighters/bombers on their lonesome to deal with a capitol, i'm simply pointing out the sheer amount of raw firepower that a well defended capital ship can produce. Anything short of cruisers or masses of destroyers/frigates firing kinetic rounds simply bounces off a well made/equipped capitol. Certain types of fighter class vessels, such as torpedo bombers and xyphos (sp) fighters are essentially designed to harass capitols but fail miserably because of the absurd amount of firepower their pd systems can produce.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05:47 AM »

*Shrug* at the moment a single Oddessy can decimate every fighter and bomber the simulator can throw at it if you fill all of it's small energy turrets with burst pd lasers. I personally think that that is a bit op.
yeah but then the second you throw a Conquest at it its dead.....
you could also fit Enforcer with 5 dual flaks and some PD missiles and no bomber or fighter will be able to scratch it.....thats OP....

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10:42 AM »

Thing is that even with all of thsoe pd mounts filled two plasma cannons and an autopulse laser and the Oddessy can tackle just about any ship in teh game. I've tested it against all of the capitols bar the paragon. but the paragon would outclass it anyway, can mount more systems, more armour more flux, morehull room and gun mounts. just more. and the fortress shield makes the paragon all but unkillable one on one.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »

Thing is that even with all of thsoe pd mounts filled two plasma cannons and an autopulse laser and the Oddessy can tackle just about any ship in teh game. I've tested it against all of the capitols bar the paragon. but the paragon would outclass it anyway, can mount more systems, more armour more flux, morehull room and gun mounts. just more. and the fortress shield makes the paragon all but unkillable one on one.
well its bigger isnt it?
anyway an oddy fitted in such a way would be easy kill for well fitted cruisers or a Conquest.....it losses a lot of its firepower this way

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:49 AM »

Meh. I've solo'ed everything in that ship. The only thing's i cant reliably solo are system defense fleets. Tri tachyon or hegemony. for various reasons, but mostly because the sheer firepower overwhelms the shields. Anyhoo. Point is that It is a powerful loadout. And with the right build of character, perks hullmods and vents/capacitors it is almost unbeatable. certainly not kill able by any ship an npc will throw at you. Save perhaps a paragon.

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47:57 AM »

same goes for many other setups....hell ive killed pretty much any ship in a well fitted Apogee and same probably goes for Aurora and Dominator but ive never used those much so....
as you said yourself most NPCs use fits that are utter rubbish and thats what makes them so easy to kill by any PC ship...

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »

For people who want a better feel for later balance, try the addon mod: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4605.0

It has several 'elite' variants that come with the +50% OP that a powerful AI admiral will have in later versions... and they make things MUCH more difficult.

You pretty much have to max out tech in order to field a variant with dual plasma and lots of burst pd - those suckers are expensive OP-wise. Its a great ship, but its not even close to an Onslaught or Conquest in killing power (which it shouldn't be with the flight deck).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]