Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aurora - How do I get one?  (Read 6533 times)

Fangz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Aurora - How do I get one?
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »

I don't see it available at the Tri-Tachyon station and every time I blow one up it never gives me the option to board it.
Can anyone help me?
I lied

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - How do I get one?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »

There is no other "legal" way of getting your hands on one, you have to attack Tri-Tachyon fleets until you get lucky and one is boardable.

I would recommend the restock mod, though. With that all hulls are available at the stations.

E/ Oh, but if you want to keep your current savegame the mod will not work (I think).
Then this method is your best option:

If you want to get your hands on an Astral without unbalancing the sector with extra spawns, you can increase the capture rate by reducing the amount of spare crew the fleets spawn with.

Just edit data\world\factions\tritachyon.faction and change the "extraCrewPercent" to something low. That will greatly improve capture chances.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:13:06 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Zenos Ebeth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:06:29 AM »

Make shure you have plenty of marines too , if you don't have enough the game won't let you board it.

Fangz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »

@Gothars Thanks. I'm not trying any mod for now but it's good to know that this one exists just in case.

@Zenos I currently have 315 marines in stock. Is this enough or do I need more? (Sorry, I have no idea how the boarding mechanics works when it comes to numbers)
I lied

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:26:37 AM »

@Gothars Thanks. I'm not trying any mod for now but it's good to know that this one exists just in case.

@Zenos I currently have 315 marines in stock. Is this enough or do I need more? (Sorry, I have no idea how the boarding mechanics works when it comes to numbers)

315 marines is plenty.

Keep in mind that you can make the tritach station start refilling again buy buying some ships so new ones get space :) The tritach supply fleet need to arrive to deliver new ships :)

legion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Total Annihilation Papercraft
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »

Also, keep an eye out for any Pirate fleet with an Aurora at the end of the ship list. You can nab it easy, if it isn't sabotaged at the end of the battle, as those fleets rarely have the manpower to use the Aurora.

Zenos Ebeth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »

After thinking about it actually not matter how many marines you have the game lets you board the ship , but if you don't have enough chances are they will all die and you won't get the ship. So that's a mistake on my part :p

Fangz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »

315 marines is plenty.

Keep in mind that you can make the tritach station start refilling again buy buying some ships so new ones get space :) The tritach supply fleet need to arrive to deliver new ships :)

That's a really nice tip, Faiter :)

Do I have to buy a ship of the same hull size (in this case a cruiser) or buying a handful of small ships will do the trick?

(The Tri-Tachyon has 2 phase cruisers currently available for me)

Also, keep an eye out for any Pirate fleet with an Aurora at the end of the ship list. You can nab it easy, if it isn't sabotaged at the end of the battle, as those fleets rarely have the manpower to use the Aurora.

Thanks for the heads up, legion, I'll keep an eye out for it :)

I lied

Zenos Ebeth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »

315 marines is plenty.

That's a really nice tip, Faiter :)

Do I have to buy a ship of the same hull size (in this case a cruiser) or buying a handful of small ships will do the trick?

(The Tri-Tachyon has 2 phase cruisers currently available for me)

I'm just going to add that i've never seen any auroras in the tri-tach station , the only time i've ever seen them is in the tri-tach patrol. I've also never seen pirate fleets with large tri-tach ships as they tend to get crushed by the bigger fleets.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 03:56:05 PM »

Ive seen Auroras at the tach station tons of times.

Im not sure if you have to buy the cruisers to make more cruisers spawn, but I would guess that is not the case :) Try buying some fighters and frigates and see if ships other classes will spawn :)

Fangz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 06:19:01 PM »

Ive seen Auroras at the tach station tons of times.

Im not sure if you have to buy the cruisers to make more cruisers spawn, but I would guess that is not the case :) Try buying some fighters and frigates and see if ships other classes will spawn :)

Gonna try this out right now! :)

(Unrelated off-topic note: just checked your yt channel and that Refit Rambling series is absolutely amazing :D)
I lied

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »

Quote from: Fangz
(Unrelated off-topic note: just checked your yt channel and that Refit Rambling series is absolutely amazing :D)
 Posted by: Faiter119

Thanks you :) I try my best to make it informative and moderately entertaining :)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

Only ever seen it once and that was a while ago...
Ninja post, I like his channel to.
2nd ninja post it really helps.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »

To get the convoys to drop off ships there needs to be less than 50 ships in stock
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.