Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition  (Read 21962 times)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 11:53:37 AM »

Thanks for the help guys! Now, can I sell things to the regular merchant I've already met or do I have to progress further? Can I seel things at all or do I need to dump the stuff don't want?

And new episode (Episode 4) is up :D

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »

This is in the comments but not sure if you want it here:
Ya progress!!!!! So if your going to stay with the scimitar you want to level dex. Also you can level up, when the members turn red it means you can't level again. With those souls you can only level once, and that's why it turns red.

No you are unable to sell to merchants, you must stuff your things in a box. Also you can dive bomb on the demons head but you took to long.

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »

There is one way to sell your stuff, but by the time you reach that point the souls get for selling your stuff will probably so little it is not worth the time... (There are a few items that give you a lot of souls, like coins and boss souls, but boss souls are always used for acquiring cool equipment, and there are only like 4 coins in the game)
I would just drop unwanted items, they will disappear at some point.
Also, new episode!  Watching it right now :)
:3

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »

Episode 5 is up

Also I think I may go after the drake sword, I think it'll be a good thing if I can make the game a little easier for a little bit, will let me make more progress each episode.

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »

The game gets easier when you can upgrade, you really don't need the drake sword. My fist play through I used almost the same setup as you, using the schimitar. I havnt watch this new episode but ill comment about it when I do :D

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

That sounds like a decent reason to get the Drake Sword, you know, seeing as videos take a ton of hard drive space.

I'll put it in "watch later"  ;D
(Too addicted to Trigun to watch anything else right now)

Edit.  Watched it, finally.
The enemy with the weird looking heavy weapon that killed you is very tough.  His name is Havel the Rock.  His attacks will one hit you (with your current health and armor, anyway) and he has a lot of health.  Right now, you don't have to fight him, but if you do decide to fight him, he'll drop a veeeeeeeeeerry nice item for you. I'll keep it a surprise :P

The lizard boss that you fought is a Taurus Demon.  You'll need to fight him if you want to progress any further.  There is no way to flee from him once you enter the fog (other than using a homeward bone to return to the last bonfire you visited with all your humanity and souls).  You had the right idea on how to fight him in episode 4 before he jumped up the tower, you need to fight him the same way you started fighting the first boss (jump down and attack his head).

If you still plan on getting the drake sword you'll need a bow and you'll also need to increase your strength stat in order to wield the drake sword (16 strength if I remember right)

Also when people write "need humanity" they usually mean you should summon someone to help you, which requires you to be human, which requires you to restore your humanity at a bonfire with humanity (meaning the number at the top left corner of the screen, not the item). Thought I'd add that just in case you were wondering.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:52:02 PM by misterjscape »

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 06:44:43 AM »

Watched the new episode. Episode 6 and now that you have proven yourself worth ( I see that some new tips are in order) we will get to how your combat is!

When you attack someone you often just spam the attacks with no reason, although this has gotten you this far, enemies get, not harder but complicated, by having to come up with technics to kill each one. So here's my tip:

1. You should attack when the enemy is stagered(this happens usually when you use your schimitar on the undead) or when your enemy is not attacking.
2. Use the shield more. When your enemy is attacking instead of attacking as well and losing health try to shield so they bounce off and lave room for attack.
3. ROLLING!!!! So in the recent boss fight you used a lot of rolling, and although it was good(I was so proud of you!) it wasn't good enough! Rolls have specific frames for invincability(not sure when) and you can use those to roll away in the middle of one of his attcks(you did this a few times during torus demon)

Also don't use humanity for healing, that's really dumb, I don't blame you for not knowing but only use humanity if you really need to!

Last thing: at the dragon bridge when you walk down into the room that leads to where you get the drake sword to the left should be a doorway where you kick down a ladder and the bonfire will be there. Pretty much you make a short cut to the bride from the bonfire your at.

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

Also forgot to mention this myself, when you equipped the hallow soldier armor, did you notice anything?
The soldier armor is much heavier than your normal armor and only provides a small bonus in defense, the only real bonus to it is the increase in poise.  Poise is an armor stat that decreases the amount that you stagger from enemy attacks, pretty much it makes you look like a bad ass who doesn't flinch to being hit by a hammer.  Because the Hallow Soldier Armor is so heavy it has changed your moving and rolling animation.  With the armor you have a normal roll (which isn't nearly as helpful as a fast roll), with your normal armor you have a fast roll.
I would switch back to your default armor for now, I think you'll enjoy being fast more than being tanky in this game.   ;D

If you want both decent armor and fast roll you should start working on increasing your endurance (and keep increasing vitality too)

Also, if you looked over my last post make sure to look at it again, I gave it a slightly lengthy edit.

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 10:26:08 AM »

Thanks for all the help guys! (Keep it coming! lol)

Here's Episode 6

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »

Nice job with the boss!  Love your dodging!
...Now, on to my advice :P
The NPC you met after beating the boss, talk to him again.  Most NPC require that you talk to them multiple times before anything happens.
Continue talking with him and you will receive your first multiplayer item (seeing as you didn't buy the orange soapstone from the merchant).

In the bridge where the drake almost burned you to death is a shortcut to the bonfire you are using.  You know the stairs that're in the same room as the bonfire that're broken?  In the bridge is a ladder that you can extend down towards the bonfire.  Also as I said before, you'll need 16 strength if you want to use the drake sword, so get on that :P

Can't wait for more!

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25:49 PM »

Those dodging skills came from much experience with Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, 'twas a brilliant game.

Here is episode 7, in which I make use of you latest pieces of advice misterjscape!

misterjscape

• Ensign
  • Tyrant of My Head.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »

You forgot to extend the ladder for the shortcut!
To gain a better aim with the bow, hit LB.
Also to get the sword you'll have to shoot his tail multiple times, just wait for him to stand idle again after shooting his tail, then shoot it again :P
the tail'll cut off at some point (You automatically get the item when the tail is cut off).

Axiege

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »

Woops, maybe I let out a spoiler and forgot during which part of the recording session I did what o.o ...

Romeo_One

• Captain
  • "Let me do the german dance for you..."
    • View Profile
    • Rejection - The Fight for Unity
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »

Lol as soon as you arrive in Lordran you are able to upgrade your stuff, just head down to New Londo and down the stairs. Ricken of Vinheim is the name of the very first blacksmith in the game. Don't go with the scimitar, it has low range, slow attack speed and high stamina cost, aswell as only horizontal attacks. Pick up the Estoc in New Londo or go for a Balder Sidesword, grab the spell "Magic Weapon", you will be able to get it soon and you are all setup for a high dps build. Boasting good range, speed, weight and awesome damage, about 700+ per strike.

But you only ever need to upgrade your weapons, if you have to upgrade at all, since the game isn't that hard.

Also you missed a ring in your last episode, the Blue Tearstone Ring, its guarded by the weakest black knight in the game, just parry him and he will go down very quick.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:42:27 PM by Romeo_One »

firstattak1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:39 AM »

Lol as soon as you arrive n Lordran you are able to upgrade your stuff, just head down to New Londo .....

It's not New Londo it is just outside the undead church, its easy to find as its just on your way to the undead church.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5