Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to set spawn rate of fleets  (Read 1848 times)

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
How to set spawn rate of fleets
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »

Does anyone know where I would be able to look this up for an example?

Or have an example?

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to set spawn rate of fleets
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:00:42 AM »

Is there a mod that decreases the frequency of the various supply convoys? Right now Corvus is so busy that the ships and weapons pile up faster than my green crews and I can lose them. I'd like it to feel more like a scavenger world(solarsystem?) than it currently does.

Alternatively is that something i can just edit by hand in the save file?

Open up that save's campaign.xml and search for HegemonyConvoySpawnPoint. Change <daysInterval> to whatever you like for that and the following two spawn points (PiratePlunderFleetSpawnPoint and TriTachyonSupplyFleetSpawnPoint).

If you want this to be permanent, you would need to make a simple mod that replaces data/scripts/world/corvus/Corvus.java (just make a mod folder with a mod_info.json* and a copy of Corvus.java in the correct folder). At the end of the generate() method in Corvus.java, there are three lines that create the convoy spawn points. The third argument (after sector and system) is the interval in days between spawns, so that's what you would need to change.

If you use the second method, you'd need to start a new game to see the changes (or just use the first method to get the changes in your current game).

* Example mod_info.json:
Spoiler
{
  "id":"lessconvoys",
  "name":"Less Frequent Convoy Spawns",
  "author":"CopperCoyote",
  "version":"1.0",
  "description":"Lowers the amount of convoys spawned in the sector.",
  "gameVersion":"0.54",
}
[close]

But in you case you need to change all the spawnFleet values.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »

Actually I'm trying to lower the spawn rate of the DSTech mod, it is way too high

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »

YourFactionSpawnPoint YourFactionSpawn = new YourFactionSpawnPoint(sector, system, 6, 12, <planet token>);

First number there is the days between every fleet spawned, second one is the maximum number of fleets that can roam the system at once.

This code is found in the Generator file.