Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fighter wing with phase cloak crashes game when loading a station  (Read 3092 times)

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile

I only just started messing about with 0.54 but have noticed something with my mod. I have a wing of fighters that uses phase cloaking, and in .53 this worked fine. However, if I load a station containing the wing or try to mouse-over the wing in a mission panel, the game crashes.

Admittedly I should have posted this last night when I noticed it and attached a crash log, but after a bunch of debugging attempts and all of my other ships and weapons working fine (the only unique thing about this wing is the phase cloaking) it seems that it's just fighters with phase cloaking crashes the game.

I can attach logs tonight, if needed.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter wing with phase cloak crashes game when loading a station
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:51:34 AM »

Just did a quick test by giving Talons a phase cloak as the defense, and that appeared to work fine.

Have you tried removing the phase cloak from your fighters and making sure that eliminates the issue?

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »

Just did a quick test by giving Talons a phase cloak as the defense, and that appeared to work fine.

Have you tried removing the phase cloak from your fighters and making sure that eliminates the issue?
I'll do more troubleshooting tonight and see if that's really the culprit, then.

When I ran into it last night it was getting pretty late so I just had time to confirm which fighter wing was causing it and comment it out from the spawning/resupply scripts.

It's possible there is something else going on though, but from what I remember the phase cloak was the only unique thing about that wing.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »

A crash like that often means a variant is using weapon slot ids not present in the hull, I'd double-check that as well.

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »

A crash like that often means a variant is using weapon slot ids not present in the hull, I'd double-check that as well.
True, and I've encountered that before. Seems something must have changed between .53 and .54, since this worked just fine before. It's possible that fighter wing is using a weapon that none of my others use that was a hack that doesn't work in .54.  :)

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »

Aha. Turns out you added the column "defense id" to ship_data.csv and "phasecloak" is required for any ship with that system (a change from .53) and I hadn't picked that up.

So yeah, if anybody gets strange crashes in .54 with custom phase cloaking ships for previous versions, make sure you add that column!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »

Ah yes, that's just to keep you on your toes :)