Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Omnifactory v1.11c (released 2017-03-16)  (Read 152695 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Omnifactory v1.7c (.54.1a, released 2013-03-19)
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »

Another bugfix release is up, get it here.

Changelog:
Version 1.7c (March 19, 2013)
===============================
Fixed divide-by-zero issue when using low custom analysis time modifiers

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Does anyone know what the hotfix is for UC's 17.1? I saw it mentioned somewhere but haven't been able to find it. do I just download the latest here and paste into one of its files or something?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

Yes. You only need to replace jars/Omnifactory.jar in Uomoz's Corvus with the one included in this mod.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »

Feature suggestion: a "failed analysis" parameter (tier based would be even better), for more hardcore implementations of the omnifactory. As it stands right now the station is a sure investment, with no diminished returns. Adding the risk factor would:

1) Add more "unique" feel to ships, as in the vanilla background.

2) Put more choices in the players hand: a rare ship should be a very important asset to find, and not easily replaceable. Should you risk it or use it?

Optional request: for the "failed analysis" event to be hardcoded for each ship the player acquires so it's not reloadable.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »

Feature suggestion: a "failed analysis" parameter (tier based would be even better), for more hardcore implementations of the omnifactory. As it stands right now the station is a sure investment, with no diminished returns. Adding the risk factor would:

1) Add more "unique" feel to ships, as in the vanilla background.

2) Put more choices in the players hand: a rare ship should be a very important asset to find, and not easily replaceable. Should you risk it or use it?

Optional request: for the "failed analysis" event to be hardcoded for each ship the player acquires so it's not reloadable.

wouldnt it be frustrating to lose a valuable ship for no other reason than the RGN god was angry at you ?
im for having diminishing return to the omnifactory, but losing a ship outright because you rolled the wrong number seems extreme.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

That's the point, you bet the ship. Also maybe the omnifac could give you back the thing if a failed analysis occur.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »

That's the point, you bet the ship. Also maybe the omnifac could give you back the thing if a failed analysis occur.

i think i found how to solve your problem.
when you bring a ship to the omnifactory, it has a chance of scanning improperly. if it does fail to scan, that ship in particuliar can never be scanned again.
"but then someone can just come back with another hull to try again !" and thats where the magic occurs ! that would mean that only common/easily obtainable ships will be have more occasions to be scanned while harder to get ships (paragon, or the unsung to take your example) will take some time before another attempt can be done.

how does that sound ?

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55:33 PM »

when you bring a ship to the omnifactory, it has a chance of scanning improperly. if it does fail to scan, that ship in particuliar can never be scanned again.
"but then someone can just come back with another hull to try again !" and thats where the magic occurs ! that would mean that only common/easily obtainable ships will be have more occasions to be scanned while harder to get ships (paragon, or the unsung to take your example) will take some time before another attempt can be done.

how does that sound ?

I suspect that it would be hard for the station or game to tell whether the player is bringing in a different ship or not.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013, 12:01:10 AM »

how does that sound ?

I suspect that it would be hard for the station or game to tell whether the player is bringing in a different ship or not.

wouldnt this kind of thing be easy to put ? like a metaphorical little checkmark on the hull's data ?

Undefined

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Protector World
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 03:17:51 AM »

I may be wrong, I'm going purely by experience rather than looking into the code but I believe if a hull is destroyed and "repaired" during a battle that code wise it is simply replaced with a new empty hull of that type.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2013, 07:04:54 PM »

I'm really not a fan of random chance in games, so I'd be reluctant to add failure rates.

What if the factory required multiple hulls to analyze before it can decipher the blueprints? Say one hull for fighters/frigates, two for destroyers/cruisers, three for capitals? It would make adding high-tier ships to the factory a much larger sacrifice than it is currently, but you could still have a healthy supply of low-level ships.

And I think if you somehow manage to capture/purchase three Paragons and are willing to give them up, you deserve to have a steady supply later on. :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:08:15 PM by LazyWizard »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2013, 05:40:40 PM »

I'm really not a fan of random chance in games, so I'd be reluctant to add failure rates.

What if the factory required multiple hulls to analyze before it can decipher the blueprints? Say one hull for fighters/frigates, two for destroyers/cruisers, three for capitals? It would make adding high-tier ships to the factory a much larger sacrifice than it is currently, but you could still have a healthy supply of low-level ships.

And I think if you somehow manage to capture/purchase three Paragons and are willing to give them up, you deserve to have a steady supply later on. :)

Me like. Any hardcore option would be amazing, really.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2013, 05:49:34 PM »

this is somehow the practical way of implementing what i suggested...
how did i NOT think about that earlier ?!

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2013, 01:22:56 AM »

umm... imagine, you got a unique ship/weapon & omni fail to reproduce it, what will you do ? LOAD your game
i think failure is not an option & will just be frustrating to the play
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

FireBlitz8404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

So what are the blueprints that you are able to buy for?  ???
I bought them and now they are just sitting in my inventory
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18