Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Omnifactory v1.11c (released 2017-03-16)  (Read 153179 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] AutoFactory v1.0 (released 2015-04-01)
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »

I'm sure it would be difficult to code, but I would love it if we could get a supply based modification to the Omnifactory. What I mean is, you bring the Omnifactory items/ships, and it deconstructs them like normal. However, once it has the blueprints, I think it would be cool if it did not automatically make them, but instead required raw resources. Kind of like a hybrid of the omnifactory and the blueprint system of Uomoz's Sector, albeit without the faction specific materials.

That way you'd actually have to be supplying materials, and you wouldn't just have this magic stockpile. Like I said though, I bet it would take some coding, and sadly I don't have the skills to do it :(  (I really wish I did)

Spoiler
That's actually how it works in the real upcoming rewrite. You bring the Omnifactory ships, it starts analyzing them (this takes much, much longer than in the current version, but every additional ship of that type you sacrifice halves the remaining analysis time), once analysis is complete you have to queue construction manually (requiring supplies plus metal/rare metal/heavy machinery depending on the blueprint). There's an upgrade that allows remote communication with the Omnifactory, so it's not as annoying as it sounds (did I mention the rewrite has an upgrade tree?). Weapons/fighter wings are still auto-produced the same way the current Omnifactory does them because nobody wants to micromanage to that level. :)
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »

Can't tell if this is an April Fools joke or not...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »

I'm sure it would be difficult to code, but I would love it if we could get a supply based modification to the Omnifactory. What I mean is, you bring the Omnifactory items/ships, and it deconstructs them like normal. However, once it has the blueprints, I think it would be cool if it did not automatically make them, but instead required raw resources. Kind of like a hybrid of the omnifactory and the blueprint system of Uomoz's Sector, albeit without the faction specific materials.

That way you'd actually have to be supplying materials, and you wouldn't just have this magic stockpile. Like I said though, I bet it would take some coding, and sadly I don't have the skills to do it :(  (I really wish I did)

Spoiler
That's actually how it works in the real upcoming rewrite. You bring the Omnifactory ships, it starts analyzing them (this takes much, much longer than in the current version, but every additional ship of that type you sacrifice halves the remaining analysis time), once analysis is complete you have to queue construction manually (requiring supplies plus metal/rare metal/heavy machinery depending on the blueprint). There's an upgrade that allows remote communication with the Omnifactory, so it's not as annoying as it sounds (did I mention the rewrite has an upgrade tree?). Weapons/fighter wings are still auto-produced the same way the current Omnifactory does them because nobody wants to micromanage to that level. :)
[close]

If this isn't April fools, then <3 :D :D :D

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »

I would actually love to micromanage the production of weapons and fighter wings as well, and pay resources for them.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Omnifactory v1.10c (released 2015-01-29)
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »

im confused i have a very large fleet with capital ships in it and i still get shot at by the autofactory how exactly do you even get access to it???

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »

You can't. AutoFactory was an April Fools joke (that's why A and F were capitalized weirdly). It even says so when the gun emplacements are activated. ;)

If you added the mod to an active game and want to keep that save without the station constantly shooting at you, here's a patch that lets you remove the autofactory (just attempt to dock and select "disable mod"). Sadly, you'll need to keep the AutoFactory mod tagged forever with that save unless you're willing to scrape some faction information from your save file.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:35 PM »

wow i can't believe i missed That

Well than congratulations you claimed another victim

:)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »

Can't tell if this is an April Fools joke or not...

That way you'd actually have to be supplying materials, and you wouldn't just have this magic stockpile. Like I said though, I bet it would take some coding, and sadly I don't have the skills to do it :(  (I really wish I did)

Spoiler
[close]

If this isn't April fools, then <3 :D :D :D

AutoFactory may have been a joke, but the upcoming Omnifactory 2.0 update is real. While I wouldn't expect it soon (development had the misfortune to start just before Pillars of Eternity devoured my free time was released), it's well under way. That's actually why I was able to release the April Fools mod: the work on animated station subcomponents was already done for the Omnifactory rewrite. :)

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »

been hearing good things about that game....

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2015, 02:20:23 AM »

I felt some trepidation because it was released april 1 (like every thing else that day), and started a brand new game to test it. I have to say that i was really impressed with the turrets firing at my fleet.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2015, 01:23:32 PM »

I'm sure someone has already asked, but is it possible to choose specifically where the omnifac spawns?

sc90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2015, 04:34:34 AM »

I'm sure someone has already asked, but is it possible to choose specifically where the omnifac spawns?

Ha i was just about a questio about that, wouldlove to have omnifactory next to spawn point.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2015, 04:38:34 AM »

Ha i was just about a questio about that, wouldlove to have omnifactory next to spawn point.

There's no setting for the exact location, but if all you want is for it to be near spawn, open data/config/omnifactory/omnifac_settings.json and set "randomStartingLocation" to false. That will make the Omnifactory orbit Somnus in the Corvus system, about 20 seconds away from spawn.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2015, 01:48:10 PM »

love the mod but... the settings for maximum number of ships dont seem to work. when ive got mods and a whole ton of ships at the omnifactory, it can be a bit annoying to have a ridiculous number of ships to scroll through to get to the one i want. i tried setting all the ship classes to maximum of 1 hull per size, but it just plain doesnt do anything.

btw, im looking forward to the upcoming update, i tried setting my omnifactory to require fuel to function, but the code doesnt allow that either XD
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:54:45 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Omnifactory v1.11 (released 2015-07-11)
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2015, 04:04:45 PM »

Version 1.11 is up, get it here (mirror). This update is not save-compatible with the old version! This is not the rewrite, it just fixes the remaining known bugs in the current version. Still requires LazyLib.

Changelog:
Version 1.11 (July 11, 2015)
==============================
(this version is not save compatible with earlier versions)
Rewrote Omnifactory as a submarket plugin
Random starting location is disabled by default
Fixed resources being illegal even if the setting to make them required is on
Fixed weapon production limits being ludicrously high post market update
Added console command OmnifacStatus, shows location and data for all factories
Added getKnownShips(), getKnownWings(), getKnownWeapons()
Added BlueprintData interface:
 - int getDaysToAnalyze()
 - int getDaysToCreate()
 - int getLastUpdate()
 - String getId()
 - String getDisplayName()
 - int getLimit()
 - int getTotal()
 - boolean isAnalyzed()
 - setAnalyzed(boolean isAnalyzed)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 04:37:02 PM by LazyWizard »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18