Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Omnifactory v1.11c (released 2017-03-16)  (Read 153096 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Omnifactory v1.8b (released 2013-10-05)
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »

That in mind, removing blueprints should just prevent the factory from producing any additional craft of that type, without affecting current inventory or production of other ships, right? If that's the case, I'll have some fun buying up all the unwanted surplus and crashing them into enemy fleets.

Removing a blueprint will prevent it from creating more, but if there's any ships of that hull type still in cargo it will immediately grab one for analysis and recreate the blueprint again.

Edit: a hacky way to disable a blueprint permanently is to change that blueprint's <size> tag to 6 in the save file. Since this isn't a valid size in the code it assumes a limit of 0. You can do the same for weapons by setting <stackSize> to 0.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:58:55 PM by LazyWizard »

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Omnifactory v1.8b (released 2013-10-05)
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »

Well, I edited my save to change the maximum production to 1 ship of each class without breaking anything. I didn't bother removing any blueprints, once I buy up all the extras it should clean the inventory list up enough to be manageable. Thanks for the tips!

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Omnifactory v1.9 (released 2014-05-09)
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

1.9 is up, get it here. This release is backwards-compatible with saves using 1.8b, so you'll still have all your old stuff. Remember to delete your old mod folder before upgrading!

This update mostly just changes how the factory saves its settings. Instead of them being loaded once and stored in the savefile, the factory instead remembers the path to the settings JSON and reloads them every session. This means you can change the factory's settings without starting a new game or resorting to savefile editing.

To those modders who include the Omnifactory in their own mods: if you were customizing the settings of your factory through code, be aware that those methods no longer exist (aside from adding and removing restricted weapons/ships). Instead you can have multiple settings files, then use the Omnifactory's setSettingsFile() to swap between them. This makes it easy to add a tiered upgrade system, for example.

There's one other big change that I'm sure users will be glad to see: the factory removes weapons from ships before consuming them. That means no more lost weapon blueprints because you forgot to strip your ship before dropping it into the factory. :)

Future plans: I'm pushing the full rewrite back a bit. 2.0 will just add a campaign dialog that lets you browse and remove blueprints as well as set individual limits on goods. This was intended for this release but I haven't had much free time this week.

I'll be out of town this weekend visiting family. If there's a problem with this release you can find the previous version here until I can fix it.

Full changelog:
Version 1.9 (May 9, 2014)
===========================
Many changes to the mod's code, but it should be backwards-compatible with 1.8b
New methods in OmniFac:
 - New constructor: OmniFac(SectorEntityToken station, String settingsFile)
 - OmniFacSettings getSettings()
 - String getSettingsFile()
 - setSettingsFile(String settingsFile)
New class OmniFacSettings:
 - boolean shouldShowAddedCargo()
 - boolean shouldShowAnalysisComplete()
 - boolean shouldShowLimitReached()
 - boolean shouldRemoveBrokenGoods()
 - float getShipAnalysisTimeMod()
 - float getWeaponAnalysisTimeMod()
 - float getShipProductionTimeMod()
 - float getWeaponProductionTimeMod()
 - int getRequiredCrew()
 - float getRequiredSuppliesPerDay()
 - float getRequiredFuelPerDay()
 - int getMaxHullsPerFighter()
 - int getMaxHullsPerFrigate()
 - int getMaxHullsPerDestroyer()
 - int getMaxHullsPerCruiser()
 - int getMaxHullsPerCapital()
 - float getMaxStacksPerWeapon()
Settings are reloaded from JSON every session instead of stored in the savefile
 (this also means individual settings cannot be changed through code anymore,
 and must be set as a whole using setSettingsFile() and another settings JSON)
Removed all other settings-related methods in OmniFac, with the exception of
 adding/removing restricted ships and weapons
The Omnifactory now removes weapons from ships before it consumes them
Fixed the Omnifactory and fighter wing names being displayed incorrectly
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:41:03 AM by LazyWizard »

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »

so what exactly are "restricted" ships and weapons?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

It was a request by (I think) Uomoz for a way to block the Omnifactory from reproducing certain goods. Since Uomoz's Sector doesn't include the Omnifactory anymore I don't think anyone's actually using those methods. Which is a good thing, actually, since I'll probably be replacing them soon with a CSV now that that's possible (yeah, this mod is ancient).

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2014, 05:53:12 PM »

It was a request by (I think) Uomoz for a way to block the Omnifactory from reproducing certain goods. Since Uomoz's Sector doesn't include the Omnifactory anymore I don't think anyone's actually using those methods. Which is a good thing, actually, since I'll probably be replacing them soon with a CSV now that that's possible (yeah, this mod is ancient).

Ok but which goods are restricted? Just the ship materials like electronics and whatnot?

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

Alright, I had initially deleted my post since I thought it was just because I was accidentally using the wrong version of Exerelin, but now I'm using the latest stable dev version and  this error keeps happening:

Code
99632 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/omnifac_settings.json]
99632 [Thread-5] INFO  data.scripts.world.OmniFac  - Loaded settings successfully
99760 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.world.OmniFac.loadSettingsFromJSON(Ljava/lang/String;)V
at exerelin.OutSystemStationConstructionFleet$1.run(OutSystemStationConstructionFleet.java:79)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I don't really know what's causing it, all I know is as soon as the station constructor fleet pulls up to the planet, the game crashes with this error. I'm set to try it with everything vanilla except LazyLib and Omnifactory to see if I can replicate it there.

E: Alright, with vanilla it just spawns the factory hanging off a random planet. Could this be an issue with Exerelin more than Omnifactory?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:08:46 PM by NightfallGemini »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »

Exerelin includes the Omnifactory in its mod folder, so you don't need to have this mod active when running it.

You're having that crash because Exerelin hasn't updated to the newest Omnifactory version yet. Running Exerelin with the Omnifactory mod alongside it will cause issues due to changed/removed methods in 1.9. :)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:53 PM »

Ahhh, okay, thanks. Didn't know it was a pack-in, I feel quite dumb now. :v

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OUTDATED] Omnifactory v1.9 (released 2014-05-09)
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »

Any chance this is going to come back, LazyWizard? It was pretty neat.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2014, 12:37:12 PM »

An Omnifactory update is somewhere on the (very long) list of things to do. :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »

YUSH!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

McRib27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2015, 12:43:19 PM »

Sorry to raise the dead. But if you have time can you fix the mod so it can be use in version 1.9.1a?

I know it is maybe much work but still some weapons or ships are so rare that you just keep running around and still dont find them and after looking over the mod list i dont find any mods that do the same.

McRib

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »

Sure, I'll try to release a quick compatibility fix today if I can. No new features, though.

McRib27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »

Sure, I'll try to release a quick compatibility fix today if I can. No new features, though.

Take you time. We have at last 2-3 months until the next patch come around  ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18