Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Omnifactory v1.11c (released 2017-03-16)  (Read 152693 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Omnifactory v1.7c (.54.1a, released 2013-03-19)
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »

So what are the blueprints that you are able to buy for?  ???
I bought them and now they are just sitting in my inventory
Those are a feature of Uomoz's Corvus, not this mod. :)

I believe they are used to transform certain ships into their upgraded forms from this mod. You need to drop the blueprint and the ship to be upgraded into the Abandoned Storage Facility.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »

Speaking of... ran a good 6 hours today with a fresh SS and modinstall, and i'm having issues with the Omnifactory. For one, it won't build some items.. i think the Neutron Lance and the Maser offhand, but more importantly, things disappear from the market after i sell them and even after they get processed? I sold a Nevermore purely to get it analysed then i wanted to buy it back.. but when i got there.. no ship. And this has been happening with other weapons an items too. Something's buggy somewhere. :p

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2013, 04:55:00 AM »

Its normal and intended for the original item to disappear.

It gets analysed and disassembled, once that's done the Omnifactory starts producing it. That means the first ship will appear anywhere between 10-30 days after you sold the original item.

Not sure about the weapons, I've never had that issue, but it is set up not to manufacture weapons which you're not supposed to be able to buy. And again, depending on the weapon it can take some time for it to be analysed and manufactured. The messages the omnifactory prints in the game window have a time in days for each item. So when it says its started analyzing 'Weapon X (10d)' it means itll spend 10 days analysing it, and that itll spit one out every 10 days after that.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »

My bad, i think i misinterpreted how it works. Thanks for the clarification.

And a last question on the matter.. does the station resupply Marines? How often? I'm hostile'd to everyone (hardcore ;p) and i'm running out of them to capture enemy ships.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »

My bad, i think i misinterpreted how it works. Thanks for the clarification.

And a last question on the matter.. does the station resupply Marines? How often? I'm hostile'd to everyone (hardcore ;p) and i'm running out of them to capture enemy ships.

That's U'sC version of the omnifactory, the default one holds no marines or crew.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »

I have a vague feeling i should move this conversation on your mod's thread. :)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »

Big necro, sorry but...

Is the Omnifactory going to be updated for 0.6? I didn't looked if it was still there in the lastest version of Exerelin. But it would be cool to have it while playing vanilla Starsector.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:51 PM »

It works just fine in 0.6.

I know LazyWizard is working on an update (there's movement on bitbucket) and right now its not a true utility mod (you need to start a new game with it) but itll plop itself down in Corvus and build stuff for you, no problem.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Omnifactory v1.8 (.6a, released 2013-09-26)
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »

1.8 is up, get it here. This is not the rewrite, it's mostly just a bugfix patch. It also adds the ability to set the Omnifactory's settings inside of a json file instead of needing to mess around with code.

This MIGHT be save-compatible with 1.7c, but I'm marking it as incompatible just in case. Use with old saves at your own risk. :)

Changelog:
Version 1.8 (September 26, 2013)
==================================
(this version is not save compatible with earlier versions)
Fixed memory leak with factory lookup, updated to new ModPlugin system
Added loadSettingsFromJSON(String filePath)
 - see data/config/omnifac_settings.json for the default Omnifactory settings
 - modders can call a different settings file for each factory

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Omnifactory v1.8b (released 2013-10-05)
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »

I uploaded a quick fix for the 'free transfer' issue that's making the Omnifactory so horribly broken post-.6a. Download version 1.8b here.

This is literally a one-word change. All it does is assign the Omnifactory to the player faction instead of neutral. If you don't want to re-download the mod, you can just open OmniFacModPlugin.java and change STATION_FACTION to "player".

This requires a new game to take effect, but if you're comfortable editing save files you can change the station's ownership in your current save by doing the following:
  • Open up your save's campaign.xml (make a backup first!)
  • Search for <name>Omnifactory</name>
  • Go up a few lines to the section that says something like <owner reference="../../CampaignOrbitalStation[4]/owner"></owner>
  • Replace the entire owner section with the following:
Code
              <owner>
                <id>player</id>
              </owner>

That should change the station's ownership to the player faction in your current game.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »

Is it possible to turn it back to Neutral in the config if we prefer to play with the omnifactory requiring supplies to construct stuff?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »

Yes, just follow the instructions from my previous post, except replace 'player' with 'neutral'. Also, I'm glad to hear that someone actually uses the 'costs supplies' option. :)

----------------------

I've finally started work on version 2.0. This is a total rewrite and the Omnifactory will function completely differently. For the most part this update nerfs the Omnifactory (let's face it, in its current form this mod makes the game way too easy), but hopefully the new mechanics will be interesting enough to make up for it.

I'd like to get some feedback on the current concept. If there's anything you like/don't like, or if you can think of something I should add, let me know.

Planned features:
  • The Omnifactory will float around a random star from the list of all generated systems (excluding the player's spawn location). You'll have to hunt it down before you can use it. I'm tempted to make it only appear when you get close to its location. ;D
  • The station starts out neutral and non-functional and is only good for item storage at first. You will need crew, supplies, and lots of time to bring it back to an operational state. Once it's repaired it will switch ownership to your faction and you can use the factory functions.
  • Produced goods are free, but crew and supplies are required to construct them in the first place. Higher level crew will either work slightly faster, or be more survivable if an industrial accident mechanic makes it in.
  • Weapons and ships are no longer automatically produced. Instead you place an order with the factory, and if it has the required supplies it will attempt to create those goods.
  • Newly created ships are mothballed and heavily damaged. This represents the Omnifactory's inability to make perfect replicas of a ship (it's not in great shape after sitting abandoned for 200+ years), meaning your crew has to go over new ships with a fine-toothed comb to find and fix any construction errors.
  • The Omnifactory will be upgradeable. Basic upgrades will be things like faster production, lower supply costs, less damage to created ships, that sort of thing. There are some other, more interesting upgrades, but they definitely count as feature creep and probably won't make it into the next version. One upgrade I do hope makes it in is remote communication with the Omnifactory, so you can place an order from another system and pick it up later.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »

Nice changes, me like!

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »

Yes, just follow the instructions from my previous post, except replace 'player' with 'neutral'. Also, I'm glad to hear that someone actually uses the 'costs supplies' option. :)
Right, I was wondering if I can set that in the settings JSON so it starts out that way in new campaigns :D

• The Omnifactory will float around a random star from the list of all generated systems (excluding the player's spawn location). You'll have to hunt it down before you can use it. I'm tempted to make it only appear when you get close to its location. ;D
'Only appear when you get close' is cute in design phase but frustrating and unfun in gameplay phase, generally. It works for 'secret room with weapon behind hidden door' but even that is cheap design cop-out to actually designing clever secrets behind geometry in level where you would not look around, for example.

Secondly, 'random star' is fine in general but finer control will be needed ... restrict to systems with station owned by faction, one of a list of system, specific system, etc, for mods :)

• The station starts out neutral and non-functional and is only good for item storage at first. You will need crew, supplies, and lots of time to bring it back to an operational state. Once it's repaired it will switch ownership to your faction and you can use the factory functions.
Sounds appropriate in gameplay and lore sense, hard to believe Sector factions would leave a working autofab with reverse-engineering capabilities lying around unused ...

• Produced goods are free, but crew and supplies are required to construct them in the first place. Higher level crew will either work slightly faster, or be more survivable if an industrial accident mechanic makes it in.
Industrial accident mechanic ... I'm generally very against RNG shafting you throughout normal course of play. Chance of that should only be if state of omnifac is not ideal in the first place, ie, not enough crew to supervise safely -> accident chance.

It might be cute to make the crew at the factory require supplies/day, and have accidents if there are none, but that becomes too involved, imo.

• Weapons and ships are no longer automatically produced. Instead you place an order with the factory, and if it has the required supplies it will attempt to create those goods.
So long as I can order 40 railguns at a time :D

Also, 'attempt'? RNG creep does not fun gameplay mechanics make. If I have enough crew and supplies then it should build it 100% of the time.

• Newly created ships are mothballed and heavily damaged. This represents the Omnifactory's inability to make perfect replicas of a ship (it's not in great shape after sitting abandoned for 200+ years), meaning your crew has to go over new ships with a fine-toothed comb to find and fix any construction errors.
  • The Omnifactory will be upgradeable. Basic upgrades will be things like faster production, lower supply costs, less damage to created ships, that sort of thing. There are some other, more interesting upgrades, but they definitely count as feature creep and probably won't make it into the next version. One upgrade I do hope makes it in is remote communication with the Omnifactory, so you can place an order from another system and pick it up later.
'Heavily' is how much though. Many ships cost in the order of 75% as much to fully repair as they do to construct, and up to 25% of hull cost to bring to Veteran CR from mothballed.

If I have to pay twice as much for a ship made at omnifac I and most players will hunt stations instead, yes, because convenience of made-to-order ship is offset by inconvenience of finding initial ship, paying for it, carrying it, acquiring cash/supplies for construction, cash/supplies for repair and CR recovery resulting in net negative in both cost and convenience.

50% extra cost total? Maybe at the start, unupgraded, but even that's high considering everything else necessary to build and fly combat-ready ship out of there.

Configurable in settings.json, I think, for the different levels, based on % extra cost on top of base hull.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »

What Uomoz said. Looking forward to it. :D

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18