Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Omnifactory v1.11c (released 2017-03-16)  (Read 152677 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Omnifactory v1.4 (.54.1a, released 2013-01-20)
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 10:33:35 PM »

1.4 is up. This should be save-compatible with the previous version. Get it here.

This update brings built-in compatibility for total conversions. For non-Corvus systems, the station will try to find the best place to orbit. The generator uses the following logic:
  • If the system is Corvus, orbit Corvus IV
  • If not Corvus, find a planet with no existing satellites
  • If there are no free planets, orbit opposite the Abandoned Storage Facility
  • If there is no Abandoned Storage Facility, orbit the system's star

Changelog:
Version 1.4 (January 20, 2013)
================================
Updated bundled version of LazyLib
This is now a utility mod (can be run alongside total conversions)
Generator will attempt to pick the best spot for the station in TC systems

LW what should i do with my Ironclads and Omnifactory? Since its an utility mod now - i probably should remove the code that my mod is currently using? Its from the very first version of Omnifactory.

I`m using a custom star system and it has some empty planets in it, so your station will probably spawn without any problems if used as an utility mod.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »

1.4 is up. This should be save-compatible with the previous version. Get it here.

This update brings built-in compatibility for total conversions. For non-Corvus systems, the station will try to find the best place to orbit. The generator uses the following logic:
  • If the system is Corvus, orbit Corvus IV
  • If not Corvus, find a planet with no existing satellites
  • If there are no free planets, orbit opposite the Abandoned Storage Facility
  • If there is no Abandoned Storage Facility, orbit the system's star

Changelog:
Version 1.4 (January 20, 2013)
Updated bundled version of LazyLib
This is now a utility mod (can be run alongside total conversions)
Generator will attempt to pick the best spot for the station in TC systems

LW what should i do with my Ironclads and Omnifactory? Since its an utility mod now - i probably should remove the code that my mod is currently using? Its from the very first version of Omnifactory.

I`m using a custom star system and it has some empty planets in it, so your station will probably spawn without any problems if used as an utility mod.

It's up to you. However, if you include it in your mod you can write your own generator, which will both guarantee good station placement and allow you to change how the factory behaves. :)

gruntmaster1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 01:47:19 AM »

Out of curiosity, why did you use advance as the loop (called every tick), instead of spawnFleet (called once a day)?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »

Out of curiosity, why did you use advance as the loop (called every tick), instead of spawnFleet (called once a day)?

The Omnifactory actually uses its own implementation of SpawnPointPlugin instead of extending BaseSpawnPoint. If you look at BaseSpawnPoint's source you can see it also uses advance() to determine when to call its heartbeat method, but it includes some things that are unnecessary for this mod (like fleet tracking).

Creating my own implementation of SpawnPointPlugin both allows me to cut out that unnecessary overhead, and ensures my mod will still function even if BaseSpawnPoint's code changes at a later date.

gruntmaster1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 02:29:06 AM »

The Omnifactory actually uses its own implementation of SpawnPointPlugin instead of extending BaseSpawnPoint. If you look at BaseSpawnPoint's source you can see it also uses advance() to determine when to call its heartbeat method, but it includes some things that are unnecessary for this mod (like fleet tracking).

Creating my own implementation of SpawnPointPlugin both allows me to cut out that unnecessary overhead, and ensures my mod will still function even if BaseSpawnPoint's code changes at a later date.
Oh, I didn't notice that xD. I got another question if you don't mind. Never having worked with java, how do i go about modifying OmniFac.java? If I add the .jar to netbeans, it says that it is read only, and if I "unpack" the .jar and add the .java to the data\scripts\world folder, then i get a compile error saying generics are not supported.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 02:37:22 AM »

Oh, I didn't notice that xD. I got another question if you don't mind. Never having worked with java, how do i go about modifying OmniFac.java? If I add the .jar to netbeans, it says that it is read only, and if I "unpack" the .jar and add the .java to the data\scripts\world folder, then i get a compile error saying generics are not supported.

Generics and for-each loops won't work with Janino, the compiler Starfarer uses for its mod scripts, which is why I implemented this mod as a jar. :)

You'll need to make a Netbeans project with the source (include LazyLib.jar and starfarer.api.jar as libraries), then clean & build (shift+F11) to create an updated jar. You can find that jar in the 'dist' folder of your Netbeans project. Just replace the jar in the mod folder with the updated version and you should be good to go. :)

Edit: a quicker way to get the source would be to download it directly from the repository, from this link.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:39:06 AM by LazyWizard »

gruntmaster1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:18 AM »

Generics and for-each loops won't work with Janino, the compiler Starfarer uses for its mod scripts, which is why I implemented this mod as a jar. :)

You'll need to make a Netbeans project with the source (include LazyLib.jar and starfarer.api.jar as libraries), then clean & build (shift+F11) to create an updated jar. You can find that jar in the 'dist' folder of your Netbeans project. Just replace the jar in the mod folder with the updated version and you should be good to go. :)

Edit: a quicker way to get the source would be to download it directly from the repository, from this link.

Thanks for providing the help and link. As said, this is new to me, so a bit confusing (head is spinning, trying to consume the info), but  I think I get the gist of it. Would you prefer it being over PM if I should have any more questions with this?

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:15 AM »

This thing it like a money factory without that transfer fee.

The way I started off:

Buy 1 pillrum LRM launcher, and transfer that into the station.
Fight for a while, till you get enough for a hound
Make sure you don't have enough crew to man the hound, this will ensure your supply per day usage stays the same
Go to the station and transfer the hound over, Then wait 6 days. With your average supply per day usage being about 0.3 a day, this is easy.
Get a hound and any pilrums you got and transfer them over to your fleet.
Head to the tri tachyon station and sell the pilrums and hound
Purchase another, less valued weapon, I chose the tac laser and Vulcan cannon(or whatever its called, the machine gun one)
Take them both to the omnifactory and just dump them in, by the time you get there, at least 1 hound should be there
Pick up the hound, fly to the Hedgemony station and fight some pirates till you get about 6k
Sell all gathered weapons that you don't need and head to the omnifactory.
Pick up all the hounds there(unless its above your FP) As well as all of the weapons there
Your hounds should be able to hold all new weapons in your cargo bay
Go to the orbital station and sell all your hounds, And your weapons, and buy a destroyer of your choice.
Now just go to the orbital station when you want more supplies and presto, your done
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »

aww...it cant produce antediluvian v.v...

gruntmaster1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »

With the way the mod is made, the factory should be able to reproduce anything that you feed it. Could you elaborate how it doesn't work?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Everything seems to be working fine for me.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »

right it spawns the fighter wings but anything bigger and it has an error...at least with uomoz mod..

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 05:19:33 AM »

i got omnifactory from Uomoz's trested ver. 17
& i'll confirm that antediluvian can't be produced (except fighters wings)
Spoiler
[close]
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »

Ah, found it. It was due to the way I parsed hull IDs in that version. I'm using the new ShipAPI.getHullID() method in the dev version, so I didn't run into this in my tests. I'll upload a fix momentarily, let me just remove the unfinished features for now. :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Omnifactory v1.5 (.54.1a, released 2013-02-02)
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »

1.5 is up. Get it here.

Edit: this version should be save-compatible. It won't fix existing stored hulls, unfortunately.

Changelog:
Version 1.5 (February 2, 2013)
Fixed bug when parsing hull names of certain mods' ships
Lowered the maximum number of hulls produced (was 6/5/4/3/2, now 3/3/2/2/1)
Lowered the maximum stack size of weapons produced (was 40/20/10, now 20/10/5)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:31:19 AM by LazyWizard »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18