Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Starsector 0.54.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 181201 times)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.54.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »

I losted my saves and the mission rankings so i don't think it is. Doesn't bother me i make a new game every patch

You just have to move the files over :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »

Excited for update, miss old name, and wondering if save compatible because I didn't read anything to the contrary.

It ought to be save-compatible. I don't recall anything breaking compatibility, so loading an old save is at least worth a try.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

Hmm, with the lights that I made, the animation ONLY works when it's in a weapon group.  Hm.  Bug?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »

Is the onslaught meant to have a satellite dish?
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »

I think it was meant to be mounted on Command relays.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »

Hmm, with the lights that I made, the animation ONLY works when it's in a weapon group.  Hm.  Bug?

Since in my testing just now it worked (with a Thumper that wasn't in a weapon group), I suspect it's not a bug. That you're able to get it in a weapon group in the first place indicates there may be a problem. Again - please make a thread in the Modding section, with the files you're using, so that I (and others) can see what you're doing.

Is the onslaught meant to have a satellite dish?

Look a few posts back :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:31 PM »

Speaking of the Onslaught with the dish, it actually looks kind of nice. :D
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 05, 2013, 03:19:23 PM »

Also: argh, the Onslaught has a sensor dish in this release. It's not supposed to!

This is an unauthorized hull modification and the Hegenomy High Command will hear of this! Everyone from the logistics officer to the captain will be facing a court martial, count on it.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »

I can't play Starfarer right now, can someone post the new Onslaught dish thing?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
Enjoy. :D

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

The new name is much worse, also welcome to the land of space games with the abbreviation "SS". I'm not going to be able to think of the game as anything other than starfarer for awhile.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:33:16 PM by Mattk50 »

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »

Holy freaking *** it is Starfarer to Starsector, the old name was not a glorious master piece and the new name is not a steaming pile of crap. Jesus you people will think anything is horrible.

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 05, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »

Not everyone on this forum thinks that way you know.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:02 AM »

Holy freaking *** it is Starfarer to Starsector, the old name was not a glorious master piece and the new name is not a steaming pile of crap. Jesus you people will think anything is horrible.

Jesus, some people will just think every opinion is horrible without any backup.

Gabrybbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2013, 02:20:30 AM »

Well, i can't say that i like the new name, but we'll see about that in a few months, now the change is too recent to be objective.  ;)

So, feedback about some of the changes:
EMP -> geez, i love it. Thunders were already buffed by the reduction of the ion cannon's flux generation, now the emp arcs make these fighters even better, especially agains low-tech ships.  :D

Aurora shield -> i always wanted an omni shield on her as her mounts are effective in a 360° arc but her shield was not. Now i can keep it down and use the speed boost and still be capable of defending myself against stray missiles. It works a lot better with the idea of "attack cruiser".

Tachyon lance -> Very good weapon now, the best combo is with kinetic weaponry, so that first you take down their shields and then disable their weapons. Needlers are especially good at this, as the enemy tries to tank all the needles on its armor, giving you a big time window to strike with the Lance!

Prometheus-class supertanker -> damn that ship is nice. I can't wait to blow it up.  ;D

New graphics -> i like the new Character UI, it's nice to look at and works intuitively. The change to the needlers is nearly right, but i feel that their colour should be a bit lighter... But the change is also too recent to be completely objective.

Guardian PD -> if there was a way to set it to PD only it would be nice, it keeps wasting charges on shielded ships. But the improvements are great, i could actually use it on my Odissey along with Tachyon lances as a fire support capital ship.

Decorative "weapons" -> yay! I just hope that modders don't go overboard with those.  ;)

Overall, great patch as always! Keep up the good work! :D
...you can be assured that whatever comes out of the dev-oven will be fantastic and delicious. And it will also include frosting and sprinkles.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20