Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Starsector 0.54.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 181191 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.54.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

Nope, I see STARSECTOR.  Where on the page?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Ulari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »

On the RC2 topic. 
I am seeing RC2 in the actual file name I download (try to download (thanks Norton)). 
And I see it on the mouse-overs of the links on the Starsector 0.54.1a release page: 

http://fractalsoftworks.com/2013/01/04/starsector-0-54-1a-release/ 

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »

Hmmm I kinda like the name change.  suits the game considering you deciding the fate of the sector. Glad About the guardian and tachyon changes. There a definate upgrade on the skills menu, overall I say I like the update.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »

Sensor dish?  Is it actually mounted on any ships?  If not, I can manage. ;D

It's not, no. Just used it to test.

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:27 PM »

I actually like the change in name. It should help making it more popular.

I hope it was due to election and not obligation.

Regards

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »

Wait, I'm confused. You're saying the false association would be a good thing?

Ah, I was afraid that was not clear, sry. If I read "Alpha/Beta Object" the first thing that reaches my consciousness is Alpha -Object, followed by Beta-Object (provided I'm a proficient reader). This first thing is automatically interpreted/associated before the overall context. So if the resulting first association dissents from the real/overall meaning that leads to a short confusion.

To avoid that I would place "engine" in front, because nobody will jump to "damage caused by engines" while some may spontaneously associate weapon damage as "damage caused by weapons".

That's too much text for so small an issue, though.

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »

hmmm v.4 was released back in May 2012 so at this rate, Starfarer should finish a week before StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void...right?  ;D

Seriously now, any idea when the trading, exploring aspect of the game will be available?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »

Is there an example for the "alwaysAnimate" piece of code?  I tried plugging it in as-is, the green coder I am, and obviously got an error.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

Ah, I was afraid that was not clear, sry. If I read "Alpha/Beta Object" the first thing that reaches my consciousness is Alpha -Object, followed by Beta-Object (provided I'm a proficient reader). This first thing is automatically interpreted/associated before the overall context. So if the resulting first association dissents from the real/overall meaning that leads to a short confusion.

To avoid that I would place "engine" in front, because nobody will jump to "damage caused by engines" while some may spontaneously associate weapon damage as "damage caused by weapons".

Ah, hmm. But then "weapon damage" go next to each other, which seems about as bad, for a slightly different reason. Seems like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Is there an example for the "alwaysAnimate" piece of code?  I tried plugging it in as-is, the green coder I am, and obviously got an error.

Just put "alwaysAnimate":"true", somewhere in the .wpn file.

hmmm v.4 was released back in May 2012 so at this rate, Starfarer should finish a week before StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void...right?  ;D

Seriously now, any idea when the trading, exploring aspect of the game will be available?

I hate to do this, but soon(tm). About as much detail I can go into is to say is we're working on it - but that could mean design work, prototyping, or actual implementation, for all you know :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »

@Alex Heads up, the main webpage, top banner still says 'Starfarer'.

Not after you've cleared your cache.

D'oh! My bad!

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »

im reluctant to clear my cache.... feels like i'm letting go of the last piece of something good that I'll never get back....  :'(
mmm.... tartiflette

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:21 PM »

I personally kind of liked Starfarer better as a name (or maybe it's just not being used to it?), but it may fit better to the game's content once the player actually travels around the sector.

I just hope you changed it voluntarily and weren't forced to change it by some legal ***.

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:52 AM »

For all i care the game can be called "Flying Space Monkeys"...as long as what we have now in terms of content, combat, design and mechanics stays and will be in all positive ways expanded upon, i'll be happy. Great stuff alex, thank you.

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2013, 03:04:53 AM »

Ah, hmm. But then "weapon damage" go next to each other, which seems about as bad, for a slightly different reason. Seems like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Just put "alwaysAnimate":"true", somewhere in the .wpn file.

I hate to do this, but soon(tm). About as much detail I can go into is to say is we're working on it - but that could mean design work, prototyping, or actual implementation, for all you know :)

I know its of little importance; but he grammar Nazi in me says "100% Extra damage taken on Weapon Systems and Engines" Should be concise clear and accurate
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...

DNAz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »

Im still in denial :(
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20