Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 322407 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V0.98 [0.54a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »

Vat III is a dedicated super carrier. heron is a carrier, so is valk-2 :P others simply have a hangar... because they can.

All the ships have burst lasers, good enough?

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r-4m23GHjw

... how about no? Okay sorry! >_<"!!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »

I'l make a beam weapon once i find a good sound file.. or if someone bothers to make me one.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2013, 01:55:41 AM »

- Storm Lancer complete.
- increased/decreased armor on cruisers/capital ships.

- Radiance-Class Heavy Battlecruiser.
Spoiler
[close]

- Almire Mk.II
Spoiler
[close]

- New mission featuring every single valk ship, so you get a better feel for them, how they work and fight.
- altered fleet comps a little.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:18:35 PM by ValkyriaL »

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:44 AM »

Vat III is a dedicated super carrier. heron is a carrier, so is valk-2 :P others simply have a hangar... because they can.

All the ships have burst lasers, good enough?

Oh it seems i am blind and need to get a new pair of glasses. Anyway cheers for the mod going to test the new ship out when i... bother starting starsector today at some point.

-Sandremo

Dr. Death[Lexx]

• Lieutenant
  • Solar Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2013, 03:04:32 AM »

After a certain amount of ships, isn't it plausible that some ships lose specific purposes and are obviously just stronger then other ones? *points at Almire mk2*

Why get Almire Mk1 if there's a Mk2 which is stronger and has more power in every way? :o

It should make a difference and it does most of the time, I just hope that the gap is considerably big in between those two and that each one has it's own and unique purpose.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2013, 03:11:18 AM »

Well, i see many of my ships as "prices" for fighting the Valkyrians, you can buy all the Mk I versions, but if you want their stronger models, you have to capture them pretty much.. i consider that a decent reward to the player, fight a strong faction = get rewarded.

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2013, 03:39:59 AM »

Well, i see many of my ships as "prices" for fighting the Valkyrians, you can buy all the Mk I versions, but if you want their stronger models, you have to capture them pretty much.. i consider that a decent reward to the player, fight a strong faction = get rewarded.

= You cant buy anything above Mk I?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2013, 04:10:22 AM »

You can, if there are more than 2 marks such as the Vatican or Nirvana, you just cant buy the last few ones. but Mk.I is always available.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »

Some (negative) feedback:

While I think this is an interesting mod in a number of ways, I don't think it should really say 'vanilla balanced'. A lot of the ships are flat-out better than vanilla ships, particularly the highest-end models with their masses of hardpoints with overlapping fire. The mod contains a wide variety of 'better' PD options. The ammo-regenerating energy ballistics (particularly the lancers) are almost entirely better than competing weapons.

A fair number of ships and weapons in the mod do seem pretty balanced, generally the lower 'mark' ships and simpler gear, but the higher-end ships and weapons are simply better than vanilla. It's like this mod has self-contained power creep.

The ships have a nice style and a more missile-oriented faction is nice, but... I wouldn't call it vanilla-balanced.

Also just not a fan of the boss fleet. I ended up deleting the mod because of its annoyance. The reward for leveling up a character is a massive FP pain in the neck? No thanks. That's more a matter of personal taste, I suppose.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2013, 03:01:42 AM »

Since the AI can defeat any of my ships with most similar sized ships (cruiser vs cruiser and so on) i do consider them somewhat balanced, things like the Vat IV with its stupid amount of gun mounts are not meant to be balanced against the vanilla, they are balanced towards a high lvl player, so you have something to fight when you are lvl 30 other than just kill pirates all day, which i will have to change when AI skills come into play, did you also consider the size of most of my ships? my cruisers are almost larger than a vanilla battleship while my own capitals are twice as big.

I don't have any weapon with regenerating ammo, perhaps you are using an old version?

The boss fleet sits off map for most of your game session, and only comes out once you have reached the end game where your character is so strong no fleet in the game can fight you, so how is it a pain? people have defeated it with a single ship, so what else did you want to get rewarded with?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it was much appreciated.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2013, 03:24:19 AM »

A few new things for future 1.0 release. ( more detail later on )

Ships

- 2 new frigates, 1 with experimental decorative weapons .
- 1 new capital ship. (few comments up)
- 1 new cruiser. (also a few comments up)

Weapons

- 1 new missile.
- 1 new small weapon.
- 1 new large weapon.

Systems

- ECM Jammer "reduces the vision radius of any enemy ship in range by 80% " AI supported

Misc

- New descriptions for some ships.
- New engines for the entire faction.
- New hull mod specific for the Excalibur corvette, you cannot use it.
- Reworked variants for quite a few ships.
- New variant for the Nirvana II, featuring prototype weapons.
- Boss fleet is better at hunting down the player
- Will attempt to sort out a new convoy system, did plan for 1 huge convoy to supply all stations with specific items for each one instead of 3 convoys supplying all 3 with whatever.
- boss fleet will reward you with a Vatican IV and a pair of Excalibur's when defeated.

- Reduced hull and armor for all cruisers and some capital ships to get them more in line with vanilla ships (eagle and conquest as guidelines) Max flux/vent not altered, your gonna have to give me your opinion on this once released.

- A whole lot of minor stuff i've lost track off.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:58:46 AM by ValkyriaL »

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »

Looking forward to those frigates  ;D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »

HEhehe, can we have ship named Francis? :D

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »

So I seem to be in a bind. I upgraded to a Vatican Mk 2, but only then realized (Due to similar hull appearances) that the ship I was trading in was the Destroyer variant rather then the Cruiser variant, so I was left with little in the way of refitting finances.

Any advice for a cheapo stinko loadout? I've only got 20k laying around x)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41