Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 322458 times)

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V0.96 [0.54a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »

Mission Simulation again, no Character stats.

Spoiler
[close]

Well I can certainly say that subsystem caught me off guard, and it *** all of my drones :'( poor drones. Honestly it's hard to tell, I could prob annihilate a Vat MK3 with it myself. It seems the problem is the ship doesn't go at me with broadside, instead it just comes head-on then starts to turn broadside.

I just unload on it with the cannons (normally I would have set needlers/maulers to diff weapon groups) and once I hit a certain soft flux just disable all weapons other than PD and wait for it to soft flux cap, then unload with missles/cannons and overload it or force it to shut down its shields resulting in the missiles doing crazy damage and disabling most of the weapons. Then boom!

Btw I love those IR Burst PDs I always hated small ballistic mounts because I normally use them all for PD. Honestly I find all the vanilla small ballistic PD horrible, doesn't matter how good the damage is if it can't hit the target once. I'm looking at you dual mgs!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:07:46 AM by Spardok »

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2013, 01:40:27 AM »

When I try to load the mod I get:

Spoiler
[close]

When i tried checking the log file it had over 500 pages in M$ Word...

EDIT: Ok, got it! I just had to upgrade my Star... sector...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:48:57 AM by Lordzias »

Dark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »

yea i got the same error as the previous comment not a clue how to fix it
I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2013, 06:26:04 AM »

Download the newest 0.54.1a version of the game from the site and it will work just fine.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:52 AM »

Vatikan mkII i think, the nasty big ship but not biggest... Well... slow...So slow i got feeling it's not moving at all. Yea, i know, big ship should be slow but still, that thing is just to damn slow. For my taste ofc  ;D

And they got little HP - big ships. Ship 3x time bigger than Paragon got same HP...
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2013, 07:13:37 AM »

Just because they are massive does not mean they need 50-60k HP, vat II is hard to kill despite being slow and having low HP, its got a fair bit of armor for a battle cruiser and a lot of firepower, if i gave them more hp, it wouldn't really be balanced anymore, but sure. the HP gap between vat II and III is rather large so i could bump it up a little on both mark I and II.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2013, 07:21:09 AM »

big ships. Ship 3x time bigger than Paragon got same HP...

no room for armor or hull points with all these weapon slots   ;D
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »

Exactly, most of the room is spent on ammunition/missile storage, and TBH, do they even need more hp? some people have told me that some of the ships can take damage like a freaking tank and still put up quite the fight.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2013, 07:47:21 AM »

no room for armor or hull points with all these weapon slots   ;D
;D  HP, for me, is ships "meat". That weapon slot do not exist in thin air. They are part of ship.

I do not know how you calculate HP for your big ships, I use very simple method.
Low tech = Onslaught
Mid tech = Conquest
High tech = Paragon

SHIP HP = how many O/C/P (depending of what tech ship is) can you put "in" it and then [number of ships] * [HP of that ship]

It was Vatikan III not Vatikan II. I run Vatikan mk III vs Vatikan mk IV (simulation). And, fight was over before it began. I was checking weapons and speed (it's sooooo slowwwwwwwwww  ;D ) and BAM!!! Vatikan mkIV just sneaked up front and blast me in like, dunno, 10 seconds (maybe less).

I like your ships but i couldn't force myself to fly III or IV. To slow for my taste.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »

With the amount of guns those ships have and considering the shells they fire and the amount of shells they send downrange, any ship would be destroyed in seconds, in RL, a single cruise missile can sink an entire carrier if it cannot shot it down(perhaps a bad example in this case).

And considering that a ship of this size would probably weight hundreds upon thousands of tons, i consider its speed to be quite reasonable. Besides, they don't need to be faster, i see them more as a massive support ship/flagship to hide behind if things get tricky.
(advised not to hide behind Mk.IV as its shock wave hits friendly ships as well.)

I give my capitals a set number of HP, i start at the vanilla equivalent (say 10k), then add 5k for every ship that is bigger and then adjust it +/- to the point it neither feels overpowered nor underpowered.

I've boosted their HP a little except MK.I (doesn't need a buff) and IV because i don't want to give it more than it already has, since i boosted it in the last patch, they will come in like this.

-Vatican Mk.I = 12.000 HP " N/A "
-Vatican Mk.II = 17.500 HP "+ 2.000"
-Vatican Mk.III = 25.000 HP "+ 2.500"
-Vatican Mk.IV = 30.000 HP " N/A "

Better?
Now, if you feel that it was unnecessary or to much of a boost, please speak up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/25dqknviop755wf/Valkyrians.zip <---- with new stats, OP also changed.

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »

I honestly felt the Vat 1-3 had a large enough HP pool for where they stood. Considering they all have a buttload of armor on top of it.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »

Those 3 have armor equal to a Venture --> Dominator --> Onslaught, and i think i should wait with increasing/decreasing something in the future, 1 persons opinion cannot stand for the whole crew, am i right?

Although i believe that the HP boost they just received won't affect the outcome of a battle very much, 1 shell from 2 siege guns deals about 900 damage to an unarmored hull, and they fire 1 shell per second.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »

I honestly felt the Vat 1-3 had a large enough HP pool for where they stood. Considering they all have a buttload of armor on top of it.
I agree.
They are tough enough.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2013, 04:12:31 PM »

Okay, I'l revert them back to the next release, If you really want them stronger, i can't really stop you from changing the stats yourself =) trying to pick out a new background right now. ;D

Anything else i should change on them while I'm at it?

As for the backgrounds,

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Which one do you guys like best? or should i find another one? myself i really like the top one, fleet rings stand out more and looks better in-game than the other one.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:01:52 PM by ValkyriaL »

Spardok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »

Yea the first one is much better for the exact reasons you've said, you can't really make them too bright or colorful or you will not be able to see other fleets that clearly if at all. Especially if you change them for in-combat, there's a few that Thule put in his mod and you can't even make out your weapon line.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41