Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 322421 times)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2016, 10:27:29 PM »

Wow...
This... this did not go as I expected...

DrakonST, I'm really sorry your work was kind of wasted on this, although you probably should have asked for permission in advance.
I still hope you can take what you learned from fixing this to create your own mod using those amazing ship designs you posted in the Spriter's judgement thread a while ago.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 17, 2016, 01:52:43 AM »

It is very strange. It is so strange that I don't know what to answer. I just wanted to make, something that Tartiflette made for Diable Avionics. Or DefiasOne for Hiigaran Descendants. Just because I love this mod.

That. I will add here download link to archive with updated mod. I see that people want this mod. I not only have updated compatibility but also have changed some trifles.
Link -  https://yadi.sk/d/MFT43W8Uypo8d
Also - You need to transfer files from archive Nexerelin to you Nexerelin for full compatibility.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 17, 2016, 02:21:25 AM »

DefiasOne and me have asked for permission beforehand though. Additionally we also were already well known on the forum. If someday I were to leave the maintenance of my mods to someone else, I wouldn't be too hot about giving it to a newcomer with no experience.

But his main point is that there is already a very competent team updating his mod and he doesn't want anyone else to fiddle with it.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 17, 2016, 02:25:54 AM »

DefiasOne and me have asked for permission beforehand though. Additionally we also were already well known on the forum. If someday I were to leave the maintenance of my mods to someone else, I wouldn't be too hot about giving it to a newcomer with no experience.

But his main point is that there is already a very competent team updating his mod and he doesn't want anyone else to fiddle with it.
Well. There is my mistake. I just wanted to play with this mod and have made everything to reach it. Just expectation was toooooooooo long.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 17, 2016, 02:39:03 AM »

The problem isn't updating it for yourself, the problem is releasing it publicly. Especially since it is mentioned in the first post that he doesn't want them to be updated.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 17, 2016, 02:44:56 AM »

Except that wasn't exactly his main point, or if it was he sure framed it oddly.

you have dug up and vandalised a grave I buried

I gave the mod to Originem and his crew some time ago for them to breathe new life into

Disregarding the hyperbole, he's *** that someone dug up the grave that he already gave others the permission to dig up?
That doesn't really play, why not just say that capable people are already on it instead of throwing a tantrum about how his work has been desecrated?

While we're at it, why not put a tiny disclaimer in the OP that... nevermind...
Not my mod and not my fight, so I better bow out, but this was probably the most over the top reaction to someone trying to revive a mod I have seen in pretty much any game forum ever.

edit:
I will add here download link to archive with updated mod. I see that people want this mod.

Don't do that please, not after the author told you in no uncertain terms that he doesn't want you to.
Regardless of what I think of his reaction, it is still his mod and his decision.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:55:52 AM by DownTheDrain »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 17, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »

From the OP:
- This mod is no longer supported for various IRL reasons, and an update is unlikely to happen anytime soon,
  they might resurface in later versions of starsector, but for now, let them rest.

So yes, he asked that people do not update his mod.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 17, 2016, 03:10:54 AM »

From the OP:
- This mod is no longer supported for various IRL reasons, and an update is unlikely to happen anytime soon,
  they might resurface in later versions of starsector, but for now, let them rest.

So yes, he asked that people do not update his mod.

While we're at it, why not put a tiny disclaimer in the OP that... nevermind...

;)

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 17, 2016, 03:14:32 AM »

Well, it is somewhat vaguely mentioned in the first page of the thread through this line, specifically at the bolded section:

"This mod is no longer supported for various IRL reasons, and an update is unlikely to happen anytime soon, they might resurface in later versions of starsector, but for now, let them rest."

It's true that permission should have been asked first before releasing stuff publically, but what has been done has been done.

Looks like you have to find something else to work on @DrakonST.

Just let Valkyrians be handled by Originem and his crew.

If whatever their plan goes through, then let the revived Valkyrian speak for itself.

To Valkyrial:

I highly recommend you add these statements -

"Do not post any personal modification to this mod publically and permissions will not be granted as I have handed this mod over to Originem and his crew for them to work with".

That would solve future breaches of you rights (and feelings).

Hope this works out and everyone's happy in the end.

I don't know what burned you so badly with Starsector nor I know whether what Midnight Kitsune is true, as I've been here only for a short while.

But good luck to you and the possible future of the mod being revived by Originem and his crew.

It'll probably be OP like Approlight, but whatever.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 17, 2016, 03:24:59 AM »

Also. I haven't requested permission before work because didn't believe I able to carry out conceived.
P.S. Now it is the most discussed topic of the month. ;D

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 17, 2016, 04:09:16 AM »

you have dug up and vandalised a grave I buried...
the mod will hopefully go back to my care, where I will put them to rest permanently...
back in 0.34-0.51 where ... i'd like to remember them ...
This is rather peculiar case of "the need of the many vs the ego of the few".

By letting your mod be known to the general public you've crossed the line where that mod might have started being known, loved, used to by that said public. Saying at some later point to that public "hey, I burned out, so you won't have this thing anymore no matter if it grown onto you" is an atrocity against human culture, human creativity, and basically against way human brain works. It is my strict belief that once the mod gone public the will of the players to play the mod should absolutely overcome the will of the author to "bury it". With that said, and considering how I myself love Valkyrie and want to keep it on my plate, I'm surely hope DrakonST will ignore that rant and finish his great job benefiting the whole community of players, instead of catering to the ego of a single man whose goal, however noble at past time, at this point is aimed purely to harm the community, the game, and eventually the joy of many people.

P.S. DrakonST, if you'll be able to resurrect The Nomads as well I will be ever so happy! ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:11:12 AM by Creepin »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:10 AM »

Now, now. No more angry comments, lets just leave it be. The mod author has stated clearly he does not want the mod to be touched or modified in anyway. Let the hassle die down please.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 17, 2016, 04:18:04 AM »

you have dug up and vandalised a grave I buried...
the mod will hopefully go back to my care, where I will put them to rest permanently...
back in 0.34-0.51 where ... i'd like to remember them ...
This is rather peculiar case of "the need of the many vs the ego of the few".

By letting your mod be known to the general public you've crossed the line where that mod might have started being known, loved, used to by that said public. Saying at some later point to that public "hey, I burned out, so you won't have this thing anymore no matter if it grown onto you" is an atrocity against human culture, human creativity, and basically against way human brain works. It is my strict belief that once the mod gone public the will of the players to play the mod should absolutely overcome the will of the author to "bury it". With that said, and considering how I myself love Valkyrie and want to keep it on my plate, I'm surely hope DrakonST will ignore that rant and finish his great job benefiting the whole community of players, instead of catering to the ego of a single man whose goal, however noble at past time, at this point is aimed purely to harm the community, the game, and eventually the joy of many people.

P.S. DrakonST, if you'll be able to resurrect The Nomads as well I will be ever so happy! ;)
No. Nomads to me are uninteresting. I will make own mod rather. With lizards and dragons.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 17, 2016, 04:26:37 AM »

Yes, I'll like a mod with scally characteristics and portraits, since we have rare numbers of alien species mod. You should try it Drakon.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 17, 2016, 04:34:18 AM »

Now, now. No more angry comments, lets just leave it be. The mod author has stated clearly he does not want the mod to be touched or modified in anyway. Let the hassle die down please.
Tis true. And I stated it clearly that we shouldn't care because it's against best interests of 99% of the player base.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41