Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 323229 times)

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3C [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced] UPDATE! 14/05/25
« Reply #420 on: September 15, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »

The name. xD
Consider fully automatic Russian roulette

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »

Infernium Drive has a scripted AI that is much better than the one i have, + utility scripts that improves its function.

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »

So do you know anything about what might be happening? I have all the latest versions of LazyLib and Valkyrians, in addition to deleting them both and Exerelin about 5 times and re-downloading

Doogie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »

So do you know anything about what might be happening? I have all the latest versions of LazyLib and Valkyrians, in addition to deleting them both and Exerelin about 5 times and re-downloading
Exerelin is pretty outdated by now. Thats probably your issue.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »

Valkyrians 1.3C "does" work with Exerelin, but you have to make a fair bit of file editing to make it compatible, since the Version in Exerelin is 1.1 i believe.

simply comes down to launching Exerelin with Valkyrians, and more or less delete/rename anything it complains about, But Zaphide is coming back for the next update of Starsector, where he will update Exerelin with all the new features it brings, so either you do it yourself now, or wait for 0.65 to hit. 8)

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »

Well, they do say that patience is a virtue, so I'll wait. I just wish that Valkyrians worked with Starsector+. I always get a fatal: null error every time I try to launch SS+ with Valkyrians.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 17, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »

It's seems you're making a bigger deal of this than it is. Having just downloaded the files and gone through getting it play worthy just for experiment's sake it took me all of five minutes. Have at it and you'll be up and running in no time.

As a side note, I'd like to just agree with the poster on the previous page who mentioned that the lancer family of weapons are a slight step down from needlers, maybe a good balancing step would be to fractionally decrease the flux/second or flux/shot to give more sustained fire, thus compensating for the awkwardly low damage.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2014, 07:01:05 AM »

What? SS+ should work with valkyrians. you sure its this mod causing it?

The lancer family already shots faster than the needlers , they are slightly more accurate AND they do energy damage, which is 100% damage to everything, instead of the needlers that do kinetic, which is worthless against everything but shields.

all in all lancers do more damage over time than the needlers do against your average enemy, despite their lower damage on paper.

Do they really need a buff?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:17:23 AM by ValkyriaL »

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 17, 2014, 07:42:45 AM »

You say all this good stuff about them, and yet I still get better reliability, even on valkyrian ships, with the needler family over the lancer family, idk what the stats say, but experience tells me they need some kind of a buff

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 17, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »

idk what the stats say, but experience tells me they need some kind of a buff

If you don't know what the stats say, it might be a good idea to take a look at the said stats before you ask for any change.

The Lancer and the Needler have nearly identical stats, the Needler just have a veeeery slight dps advantage but slower ROF and a bit less ammo capacity. The main difference is that the Lancer is energy based while the Needler is kinetic, making the Lancer a much better all around weapon.

I wanted to play a Valk campaign recently but i think i'll wait for 1.4 to test all the new stuffs.

Edit: Also Valks seems to work without problems with SS+ for me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:16:04 AM by HELMUT »

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »

Typically I find that the lancer weapons don't have enough sustained dps to threaten the shields of another ship in the same size category that they're mounted on, with the exception of the rediculously op capitals the valks have. I tend to either run out of flux or ammo before I can really make a dent in the shields of an aurora or a dominator. That said I also play on full damage to my own vessel so that probably plays a part. The needlers however make up their weight by actually bringing down the shields of an enemy ship despite their typically high flux cost. And when it comes to armour, explosive shot weapons tend to just be more efficient. Infact across the board unless you're tri tach or you have op flux reserves you should specialize your ships weapons for shield removal then armour penetration and as much as the lancer family want to be swiss army knifes they just aren't sharp enough. The buff they need isn't even major, just a 1-3% efficiency increase would bring them up to par.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2014, 10:27:11 AM »

the shields of an a dominator.
I laughed, a little.

I personally find the lancer family a nice group of weapons, they are a nice general purse energy weapon, found in a ballistics slot, which is pretty unique. If you want a shield busting weapon, then yeah, needlers are your choice. The ammo concerns are also pretty similar to needlers.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 17, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »

Actually i found out that Valkyrian work with SS+ but not with Templars, here's the log:

Code
236333 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.WeightedRandomPicker.pick(WeightedRandomPicker.java:77)
at data.scripts.variants.SSP_Randomizer.doUpgrades(SSP_Randomizer.java:1950)
at data.scripts.variants.SSP_Randomizer.createVariant(SSP_Randomizer.java:1251)
at data.scripts.world.FleetManager.populate(FleetManager.java:281)
at data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_TemplarsFleet.guerre(SSP_TemplarsFleet.java:243)
at data.scripts.world.fleets.SSP_TemplarsFleet.makeFleet(SSP_TemplarsFleet.java:330)
at data.scripts.world.FleetManager.createFleet(FleetManager.java:371)
at data.scripts.world.templars.SSP_TemplarsAttackSpawnPoint.spawnFleet(SSP_TemplarsAttackSpawnPoint.java:79)
at data.scripts.world.templars.SSP_Antioch.generate(SSP_Antioch.java:44)
at data.scripts.SSPModPlugin.initTEM(SSPModPlugin.java:53)
at data.scripts.SSPModPlugin.onNewGame(SSPModPlugin.java:60)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newsuper.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »

Whats going on!? all these random errors that i've never seen! =( there shouldn't be anything preventing Templars from being run alongside Valkyrians tho. ::)

Templars actually Require SS+ to work, so that could be something.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »

Templars can be run as a independent mod of SS+, it only requires shaderlib and lazylib. Its just without SS+ or Uozmos's they can't be found in vanilla campaign, only in missions. 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41