Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 323265 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3B [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:22 AM »

I haven't fought the Royal Armada for ages, but yes, the key tactic to the Armada and to Valkyrian ships in general is to separate them. And against things like the capitals, either weather the storm or kite them from range with weapons like the Gauss Cannon. The flux dissipation on the Vatican family is abysmal, I tried using a Vatican III with missiles as the primary weapons and all medium/small slots using IR-PD and Quad MGs plus 50 vents and 50 cap, still totally unable to handle it's flux. The IV is not much better. A lot of Valkyrian ships are incredulously slow and move at like 10 meaningless-units-of-measurement/s. If you can put an Injector or Aug'd Engines on a capital, you can keep distance from them pretty well. Pick off the cruisers (because they're like vanilla battleships) and destroyers. The Yoshura has better flux dissipation (when you're flying it with 50 vents) and the Yoshura II can be nearly immune to flux issues (I used mine with maulers in EVERY medium and large slot). Not to mention the Yoshura II's ship system which makes an assault nearly pointless unless you can alpha it off the field.

As for a playthrough, my playthrough started off in Exerelin (where dying isn't much of a punishment in the beginning because free faction frigate replacements) with getting a Yuusha, then several Yuushas (5 of the suckers) then moving into one of the Nirvana types before settling in a Yoshura for quite a while. I've since re-appropriated a Neutrino Banshee-Norn and I use that. I never found much use for the fighters because most fighter wings throughout my playthrough have been the flying guns, the corvettes. The Jenova never seemed like a good ship to use, the AI doesn't have much problem with lack of view range like my own ship does when rebel Jenovas are on the field. IR-PD > IR-PD lasers, every time. No worry of running out of charges and will spray down fighters unlike the laser which is dedicated missile defense. A good weapon of choice on a lot of Valkyrian ships is the HI-IR laser cannons. Long range, coupled with fairly low flux usage and good DPS, making for excellent stand-off weapons on AI ships. I have yet to see an Ether Driver, those seem to have turned into superweapons or something on my playthrough because all three Valk stations have not had a single Ether but are stocked with entire stacks of most other weapons.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 17, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »

I have yet to see an Ether Driver, those seem to have turned into superweapons or something on my playthrough because all three Valk stations have not had a single Ether but are stocked with entire stacks of most other weapons

because no variant currently uses the ether driver (I think), and weapons only appear in exerelin if a variant uses that weapon.

if it was a standalone game, no clue.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »

Eh, funny because i really like the Valkyrians fighters. Not that fan of the big ones as they cost too much logistic. The Morgiana is basically a Talon on steroids that you can spam easily. Its energy weapon means it's reasonably good at munching trough armor and shield. The Sahara is very good too, like a Piranha but with twice the amount of bombs. Backed up by a bunch of Valkyries converted carriers, i was able to take down everything in the sector.

Still waiting to max logistics before i can engage the royal armada though.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »

i would suggest using the hegemony if you're going vanilla, the Onslaught tears valk ships a new *** quite literally. ;)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »

I thought some of the "advanced" battleship variants used Ether Drivers instead of the Storm Lancer. Bleh. Guess I could go spawn one in and toss it in the Omnifactory.

i would suggest using the hegemony if you're going vanilla, the Onslaught tears valk ships a new *** quite literally. ;)

I would've thought that (especially in AI vs AI) a Valk battleship against an Onslaught would end up as quite the stalemate as neither would be comfortably able to vent their flux after getting it so high in the opening dakka fire. With the lack of maneuverability in the larger Valkyrian ships, one could definitely use the burn drive to just cruise past and get behind them. I'd estimate that by the time the burn finishes and the Onslaught turns around, the Valk ship would probably be showing broadside which would mean taking quite the beating, but you could also clip the rear of the ship to knock out some engines then burn past again and get behind it. Smooth sailing from then on.

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »

Hey the download link in the OP appears to be broken.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »

You sure? i can download it.

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2014, 10:17:03 AM »

Huh, it works now, must have been a temporary problem with dropbox.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3C [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced] UPDATE!
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »

Update Valkyrians 1.3C!
Spoiler
[close]
This Mod now requires Shaderlib On Top of Lazylib, Shaders are here to stay!

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/29z6aoqarv6u7jj/Valkyrians_1.3C_PTA_12.zip

The presumably long awaited update is finaly here, adding a whole bunch of new goodies, balance checks, new ships and new weapons.
If you guys find any errors or other mishaps, please let me know, and i will fix it as soon as possible. ;)

Code
Version 1.3C

- Removed a whole bunch of sound files that has been either replaced or simply not been used, should shrink the size of the mod considerably.

- Added shader support for Valkyrians, the mod now requires Shaderlib. (will be listen in the OP)
- Valkyrians now have their own engine sounds.

- Added relations to all the wonderful new mods and factions out there, Valkyrians, once again, hate everybody.
- Updated Convoy shopping list.
- Updated Boss fleet reward list.

- New Mission: King's bane, very similar to sinking the bis'mar, but considerably harder.
- New mission: Battle for Heaven's Gate, fairly difficult mission that requires you to keep a close watch on the tactical screen and avoid losing ships to win.

- Added lore for Yoshura Mk.II ships that have served with the faction. found at the bottom of the ships codex.

- Prototype variant of Nirvana MK.II part of royal armada.
- Remade some variants to include the ether driver.

- Altered micro burn drive a little bit, there is a slight drift after the burn is over that gradually goes back to the ships own top speed from 50% of the burn speed, allowing you to move around the battlefield much faster.

- changed gun facing on radiance's 2 large side turrets, all 3 could shot straight forward.
- Remodeled Lightning Assault Fighter.
- Added Firefly Laser Fighter.
- Remodeled Ancord into a heavy bomber, old ship removed.
- Further improved Infinity ASF Fighter.

- Several new sounds on standby.
- New sounds for Laser Blasters.
- New sound for Cruise missile's launch stage.
- New Sprite for Antiproton Laser Battery.

- Slightly reduced projectile speed and rate of fire on all weapons.
- Increased OP on Wraith missile from 5 to 6 to balance it, it was simply a much stronger harpoon for the same cost.
- New weapon PTR-GT Laser, for Certain Frigates and fighters.
- New Missile: Sunfury Torpedo.
- New Missile: Shadow LRCM.
- New weapon: Ice-Lance
- Reduced damage on AP Mega beam cannon by 200.

- Changed large mount on Nirvana Mk.III to a medium mount.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3C [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced] UPDATE! 14/05/25
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »

Nice! I've been looking forward to this being updated. I'll have to sit down and have a play with it some time...this month.

Also your signature might need updating to 1.3C.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »

Done. ;)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 25, 2014, 12:27:09 PM »

Got a pair of pretty severe (re: crash-worthy on load/start-up) bugs for ya with your newest release, chief.

1. In ship_data.csv: 'Elfheim Mk.II-R' entry ('valk_elfheim_II_royal') has no associated .ship file, and likewise no .variant(s); safe to delete that entry in such a case, as that reference appears in no other files?

2. In wing_data.csv: 'valk_ancord_hcorv_wing' entry has no associated .variant in v1.3c, but it did have one in v1.3b; seems to be replaced by 'valk_ancord_H-bomber_wing' instead, query affirmative?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2014, 12:31:36 PM »

Aaaaah, yeah, i removed those ships, forgot to actually remove "everything"

getting right on it.

EDIT: there were actually more stuff going on, i'l have a fix up in a minute for those 2 ships. report if you find anything else.

A quick way to do it yourself is to simply delete the CSV line for the elfheim and the wing line for the Hcorv ancord. and the game will run.

EDIT": Fixed. please report further mishaps and i will be a very happeh kitty. :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q9eyrgwkjpmy93/Valkyrians_1.3C_PTA_13.zip
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:53:36 PM by ValkyriaL »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 25, 2014, 01:17:59 PM »

Well, it starts up without complaints now. Quick response time, there.

And now, to see how my mixed Blackrock/Exigency fleet holds up against the Royal Armada...

RAMJB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »

Hey there!.

Nice mod.Loving the ships thus far. Man, those frigates are just awesome!.

However I'm repeatedly being CTD'd. When watching the game's log this is what comes up:

4046365 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: [valk_ancord_hcorv_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
java.lang.RuntimeException: [valk_ancord_hcorv_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.õÖÖ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsFleet.buildRandomFleet(ExerelinUtilsFleet.java:547)
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsFleet.buildWarFleet(ExerelinUtilsFleet.java:416)
   at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinUtilsFleet.createFleetForFaction(ExerelinUtilsFleet.java:300)
   at exerelin.fleets.WarFleet.<init>(WarFleet.java:49)
   at exerelin.StationRecord.updateFleets(StationRecord.java:311)
   at exerelin.SystemStationManager.updateStationFleets(SystemStationManager.java:98)
   at exerelin.SectorManager.updateStationFleets(SectorManager.java:134)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.runDaily(TimeManager.java:115)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.doIntervalChecks(TimeManager.java:199)
   at exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:191)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.ØÓÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

any ideas on what's causing it?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41