Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 323384 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3B [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »

What files are we talking about here? im pretty sure you could just copy paste the vanilla folder and change some IDs and you'd have a new faction, thats what we used to do in the old days.  :)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2014, 08:47:16 AM »

In the core data there's a lot of stuff that I'd have to cut out still, so going off of a mod that already has fairly clean files (mostly the scripts) would probably speed things up a bit there. I used to do this (back when I was working on Positron in 2012) by using the TimCORP mod's files as a baseline, but nowadays that's quite outdated so I'd like to start a bit fresher. There may be a few features (such as the crew level logic for fleets) that I'd like to take over, but I imagine most of it would be fresh content or stuff I can salvage off of my old mod.

EDIT: Don't want to hijack the thread much more, so I'll do this in an edit; thanks! Dunno when/if a release will actually come out, but this should help a fair bit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:58:28 AM by XpanD »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »

Sure, go ahead.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »

Why do you have a human Twilight Sparkle as one of your avatars if not your only avatar to choose from?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2014, 12:21:45 AM »

Because i know you like it and i thought about you when i included it. ;)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2014, 05:57:29 AM »

Aw, why thank you~<3  :D

Though I'd love a look at the bigger picture if possible, it looks like good artwork.

EDIT:
God damn, Valk. For once, instead of ramming Valkyrian ships and blowing them up, I'm actually playing as them. The maneuverability of these bigger ships. Damn.
And there are all sorts of new weapons that I don't remember. I've fully fitted a Yoshura with HI-IR twin lasers because the range, flux/dps is insane.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:40:20 AM by Silver Silence »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2014, 09:49:54 PM »

I find it interesting how some of the descriptions in this reference other mods.

Luewen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »

Doesnt seem to work with uomoz sector mod. I can join the faction but after that there is no options on space stations for buing ships etc.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2014, 01:42:24 PM »

I don't think it's got the right file structure for it to work properly with Uomoz's Corvus.

They also seem to lack an actual *station* in the code, so that'll be a big stop to getting ships.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 08, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »

Doesnt seem to work with uomoz sector mod. I can join the faction but after that there is no options on space stations for buing ships etc.

Unfortunately, it seems that in the current version of Uomoz's Sector, mods that are not already included within Uomoz's Sector mod will have this issue. The faction will appear, but unfortunately the station won't have any options.

Luewen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:04 AM »

Unfortunately, it seems that in the current version of Uomoz's Sector, mods that are not already included within Uomoz's Sector mod will have this issue. The faction will appear, but unfortunately the station won't have any options.

Shame. :( Must have something to do with the new station options. I wonder that is it a big job to change settings yourself to make the mod work with uomoz?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 16, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »

Haven't played Valkyrians in a long time, decided to try a bit the campaign with them. Didn't went very smoothly.

I struggle a lot with their ships, granted i currently use a single one but while i can efficiently farm pirates with an Enforcer or any vanilla destroyer, i have trouble fighting anything with the Elfheim (the only destroyer available to me then). The best way to go i found was to go full berserk and end the battle in less than ten seconds with incendiary ammo and hoping to kill everyone before i reach my flux capacity. But everything i can't outgun... Tends to kill me.

Tried that with a few ships, the Almire, the Nirvana, the Heron... But yeah, not really good in 1v1. Gotta change my tactic and go more fleet based warfare, i'll probably try going full carrier mode with swarm of bombers.

Also, in another game, i managed to get my hand on some Infinity wings and duplicated them at the Omnifactory. 100 FP of those worked pretty well, couldn't take down the royal armada though. I would be curious to see a video by some good player on the forum taking down that boss fleet and how they do it.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

Meso took it down recently, if i'm not mistaken, Gothars would kill it with his eyes closed, pretty sure Cyc had a go but never heard from him.

Also, im pretty sure the infinity isn't available, it's monstrously overpowered. :P, Askonia again eh???

Going berserk is the valk way of doing things, or just flying the Jenova and have a good laugh shield-ramming things.

killing the royal armada is mostly about separating the capital ships from the fleet and killing the destroyers/cruisers before they catch up (which takes a while), the super caps are more or less invincible with the fleet around them, save the Yoshura for last, as its the hardest to kill.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:52:03 PM by ValkyriaL »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41