Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 323311 times)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.2B [0.6.1a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »

I'm getting this error when i try to run with exelerin :c

8409 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [exerelin_atlas_valk_Standard] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant or fighter wing with id: [exerelin_atlas_valk_Standard] not found!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »

Always delete old folders when you update mods, this error is because you simply merged the folders.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »

nah, i twas that. I forgot to update exelerin, which ive done. so there. :P

its werking now!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2013, 12:59:18 AM »

The lack of critics recently concerns me, =/ i've been comparing superships from different mods and my newest one the Yoshura outmatches most of them, say the Hiigaran Sajuuk-Khar, fair there is a whole onslaught's worth of DP between them, but still, Don't you guys feel that my bigger ships are a bit over the top? ???

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2013, 03:03:29 AM »

been playing this for a bit, and think that the lack of critics is just a symptom of people not wanting to give up epic ships. What is best in life? Arnie sure as heck knows. Not that that's anything new, however. I'm not exactly a veteran, but its strength seems to be the overwhelming firepower that it can bring to bear. The other modders could just come up with bigger ships, though...
On the other hand, it IS a super-capital, and a damn expensive one at that. I find that it becomes more OP when you use guns and missiles from other mod packs. Not sure if this helps anything, but it's feedback, right? :P
I really love your sprite-work, though. You've got some real skill in ship-building :)
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2013, 06:59:54 AM »

I do love this mod.

I always been a big fan of ballistic weaponry.

You know, Gigantic explosion barrage, a fire storm of bullet, murdering your enemy. That's my thing. Not to forget with all the awesome sound effect that come with it...

Just a shame that the mod mostly turn conventional weapon into energy weapon.

About ship size and the shear amount of turret. Epicly awesome. There not enough of these thing lately.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2013, 08:56:17 AM »

Seeing as most people aren't really aiming to make capital ships on the scale you do, I don't really think anything is out of line as long as the logistic handicaps are in place.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2013, 09:16:27 AM »

Also pretty difficult to critic your ships when you are playing against them, because you aren't actually fighting them a lot. I'm currently playing a Patrian campaign with Valkyrians in the sector. And for the few times i engaged against your faction, i got pretty much stomped.

Valkyrians have strong ships, pretty much Tri-tachyons levels with a bucket load of PD. The main difference is that TTR don't field as much ships in their fleets as Valkyrians, that's why i avoid engaging them, at least during early and mid game because i know the victory will be too expensive for me (especially when playing with the supply-black-holes that are Patrians).

The Vanilla balanced tag still work but usually you avoid messing with them for quite a while. That's why there are not much interaction with your faction (and as such, the lack of critics), unless you play with them.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Are we talking Exerelin fleets here? or standalone? because i know my ships are strong, and kept the sizes to that of the hegemony patrol, up to the warders that are more in line with security detachments, then ultimately the guardian and royal fleets that are SDF sized or bigger.

Should i reduce fleet sizes a notch or leave them as they are? my faction does seem to be one of the end goals people aim for right now, defeat the others, get strong, then engage the valks as the final opponent/last boss, or atleast thats the picture im getting. ::)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »

I do wonder if in exerelin, is it possible to get the strongest super capital to be built? like the Vatican Mk IV or the Yoshura Mk II

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »

Yosh-II and Vat-IV are "Elite" capital ships in Exerelin, they start appearing in fleets once you go down far enough in the faction tech tree, I don't know how that works tho, but im sure Zap will chime in here shortly and fill the info vacuum.

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2013, 09:44:25 AM »

Yosh-II and Vat-IV are "Elite" capital ships in Exerelin, they start appearing in fleets once you go down far enough in the faction tech tree, I don't know how that works tho, but im sure Zap will chime in here shortly and fill the info vacuum.

Oh so you do need 10 points in the faction then 10 points in the fleet deployment... Hmmm Alright!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:14 AM »

I think your ships have the same handicap as neutrinos: they offer an unfair advantage over anything vanilla balanced.
 It doesn't make it a bad thing, it only means players shouldn't mix them and vanilla game/balanced mods and expect a fair fight.
 That being said, I think I'd be easier for you if you made it a total conversion, give the valks some mortal/what ever the hell to be blown up enemy.
 That way you could go wild and not worry about how fast your ships eat through an onslaught.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:47:57 AM by Sabaton »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »

Woah it took time to come up with a reply, lets see.

Unfair advantage how? ???

Moving on.

TC, where you can go wild is out of the question, i want vanilla and the universe and factions that comes with it, overpoweredness doesn't really float my boat and never have, it gets boring very fast when you just stomp absolutely everything, i wanted a challenge, i want to provide people with a challenge, i wanted the Valks strong, Not Neutrino strong, but somewhere along the lines of Hegemony strength. a late game villain, which is exactly what they have become in the community, all that's left is polishing, balancing and grinding the rough edges. :)

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »

Okay so I'm gonna give my two-cents seeing all this talk of balancing. First off love the mod, I played the third mission, the one where you fight the flying rocks :P
And I enjoyed myself. It felt like no missiles were getting through (This is good, seeing as the mod emphasizes so heavily on PD weapons) but I could not punch through Hegemony hulls (The counterbalance to such strong PD ability) So unless a faction is underpowered I'd say you did a swell job balancing right between Hegemony and TT. This leads me to conclude that with an even fight you will have a fun enjoyable CLOSE
battle.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41