Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 323359 times)

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.0 [0.54.1a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

Nyeeeeeh.

ECMs IRL are more commonly used defensively rather than offensively- confusing enemy missiles more than their actual sensors. The ECM Lazy made for Starfighter would probably work better for you- although they're somewhat less effective with obscenely large ships. Essentially it calls out enemy missiles on being too wasted to do anything and go home (turns them gradually to 180 degrees from the firing ship). Salamanders kinda get around this because their targeting is messed up, so you have to do some piloting to evade. Can post the script for you, I've modified it a bit from Lazy's original.
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »

I think maybe renaming the ship system to something like "Sensor Jammer Suite" will work just fine. Except for the part where you don't know if it's actually working until you can practically facehug ships before they open fire.

Vinya

• Captain
  • Vulgar at best...
    • View Profile
    • Mykyria Scifi/Zombie writing blog (Old site)
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »

snip/ Except for the part where you don't know if it's actually working /snip

Add a jitter effect, maybe red or gray?
If by "good guys" you mean "elitist regime that suppresses colonial independence and thrives off of an overwhelmingly deep gap in wealth between social classes," then yes.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.1 [0.54.1a - Vanilla Balanced]
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »

Releasing the new version early, haven't been working on it because i ran out of ideas for now and its just sitting there waiting for 0.6, loads of balance changes and new stuff. read that change log!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhhh6achncelg3m/Valkyrians_1.1.zip

If you find anything wrong or otherwise non functional, please tell me, and if you find anything unbalanced (except for Vat-IV) please tell me, and don't hold back.

HAVE AT THY!

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2013, 02:54:42 PM »

giggity... LEROOOY JENKINNNS

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »

Ok, I just  did a little play testing (cheating with the command console) and fought the Valkyrian Royal Navy. Oh my, I really love the new sound effects!  I also love the updated graphics too, but noticed that some of the ships had their weapons stick out of the shield radius. (Mostly the Elfhein with the wraith missiles) Also, the RW-BS Plasma cannon refuses to be installed on my ships. D: I want my pew pew back!
Anyways, now that I'm done with my whining, good job! I cannot wait to fight the V.R.N. legitimately. :p

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »

Delete the "SYSTEM,SHOW_IN_CODEX" on the RW-BS cannon in the weapon.csv, Not sure if i intended the weapon to be faction specific, i probably didn't since its in the initial inventory, fixed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:16:01 AM by ValkyriaL »

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2013, 03:09:55 PM »

I get am error about compiling the extra damage on hit in the weapon scripts,
  :-\
I really don't know what I'm doing...

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

Do you have the latest version of Lazylib Installed?

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2013, 07:21:16 AM »

Vatican Mk.IV should have more unique shape, Mk.III actually looks better, which is kinda shame.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »

Mk IV could use a little more parts and angles to it yeah, its shape does remind a bit of a brick, any ideas on what you want added to it?

Ravendarke

• Captain
  • Nemesis
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »

Just idea: What about carve a little bit in sides and add flight decks there, or maybe some generators or something unique to that ship?

Once sec, uploading idea about shape.

Maybe something like this, just suggestion:

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:50:57 AM by Ravendarke »

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »

Mk IV could use a little more parts and angles to it yeah, its shape does remind a bit of a brick, any ideas on what you want added to it?

isint it kinda unique in its own way for being, exactly like you said, an insanely huge brick with more dakka than anyone else can surpass

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »

Well, it is unique, exactly what you said, but...its still a brick =I

I don't want more flight decks on it, its a dreadnought, not a carrier, 1 flight deck is enough as it is. and that 2nd imagine looks like a vat III with wings added.

Myself i was thinking, if i do end up changing it, i would close up the front, removing all flight decks. and adding a super weapon instead. "spoiler?" my ships are also usually pointy towards the front, and i want to stick to that concept, perhaps add skirt structures to it, kinda like the Battlestar Galactica but more wing shaped and wider towards the back. and more engines, and a bigger variety of guns instead of a lot of guns of the same type.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

Well, it is unique, exactly what you said, but...its still a brick =I

I don't want more flight decks on it, its a dreadnought, not a carrier, 1 flight deck is enough as it is. and that 2nd imagine looks like a vat III with wings added.

Myself i was thinking, if i do end up changing it, i would close up the front, removing all flight decks. and adding a super weapon instead. "spoiler?" my ships are also usually pointy towards the front, and i want to stick to that concept, perhaps add skirt structures to it, kinda like the Battlestar Galactica but more wing shaped and wider towards the back. and more engines, and a bigger variety of guns instead of a lot of guns of the same type.

you could follow the super weapon thing by cutting the nose and putting there instead a big built-in triple barrel cannon, with hulls on its side as if it was plated bracing, that way it keeps the pointy shape more-or-less but with a more unique thingy stuffed up its noce
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41