Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: Project Valkyrie V1.5 [0.65.2a - Vanilla Friendly] Outdated.  (Read 322445 times)

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
Re: Project Valkyrie V1.3C [0.6.2a - Vanilla Balanced] UPDATE! 14/05/25
« Reply #405 on: September 06, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »

ValkyriaL, I've been getting an error a lot that says Fatal: valk_ancord_hcorv_wing is not a valid ship type. I've alread looked through data/world/world factions and the fleets you set to spawn, but there's nothing about an hcorv wing. :/ Please help. I want to play your mod but the game isn't letting me! xD
Consider fully automatic Russian roulette

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 06, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »

I smell someone trying to launch exerelin! ::)

that ship doesn't exist anymore, so exerelin will throw the error, go into Exerelin's valkyrians file and remove the ship in there.

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 07, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »

Thanks! I hadn't thought to look in there.

Edit: I've just looked and in exerelin's faction file and I don't see any valkyrians, and I looked in the hulls and variants file and the ship wasn't there either.

Edit numero 2: Technically, the game will launch and it will let me load a save file and play for a bit, but after a while I get that error message. So, I don't know what's happening. Maybe another faction stole one of your designs and is attempting to spawn it in?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:58:40 AM by LunaIsBestPony »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 07, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »

its at the bottom of the data/world/factions folder in exerelin. you can't miss it.

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 07, 2014, 09:03:05 AM »

The faction at the bottom of that folder is rebel. And I looked through, the wing isn't there. I think I may have an older version of exerelin, I'll try updating it

Central

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 10, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »

So..how do you get ahold of the biggest ship? I defeated the royal armada, but when I tried to board it self-destructed, and now all thats left is a few fighters that run away whenever I get close, and are too fast to 'pursue them', so..am I SOL? Do I not get to have the big ship?

Or ANY of the Vatican variants? The highest class I could find in the shipyard was the Radiance-class.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:35:05 PM by Central »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 10, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »

the ships are given to you upon defeating the RA, check either the abandoned storage or the Valk shipyard.

Central

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »

Ah. Finally gave me the message.
Woo! I got one!

...Then immediately crashed when I tried to use the active ability on it. The 'advanced' version. Mk III maybe? I can't recall. I hear a 'THUNK' then it crashed.

EDIT:
Managed to navigate the labyrinthian .log to find the error message...I think.

Code
10305218 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class data.shipsystems.scripts.FakeEntity from class data.shipsystems.scripts.ValkyriaSystem
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class data.shipsystems.scripts.FakeEntity from class data.shipsystems.scripts.ValkyriaSystem
at data.shipsystems.scripts.ValkyriaSystem.apply(ValkyriaSystem.java:70)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.OOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.??00(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:55:39 PM by Central »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2014, 04:41:48 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, i cannot reproduce that error in any way, What version of the mod and what version of Lazylib are you running?

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 15, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »

1.3C Valkyrians
1.9b LazyLib

I'll edit the comment if you ask for any of the other mods.

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »

Also, another one of the mods I've been following is Mr. Davidoff's Ship addon, which hasn't been updated in a while. It's still in Starsector version .53, and I'd personally like some Exerelin compatibility. I like his mod quite a bit, but "since I'm still only beginning to learn Java"TM, I can't help him. I'd love to, but I can't.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

I've been playing the campaign mode with Valkyrians quite a bit lately, and i have opinions about them. TL;DR is missiles good ballistics not so much and ships are terrifying to fight.

Opinions time:
Spoiler
The missiles are largely good. Some are a bit too good. Scorpions are probably too cheap at 4 and 8 op. If they were 5 and 10 they'd be a nice side-grade from harpoons, but right now I'd basically always choose them over harpoons. The shadow pod is way too good. If it had 10 ammo instead it'd still be worth 10 OP. The specter and phantasm launchers are both really underwhelming though. They need more ammo more damage or tougher missiles. At 2 ammo there isn't enough threat for 10 OP. If they had 5 missiles they'd be ok. If they hit as hard as reapers, but had tracking they'd be a little lackluster but useable. If they were super tough like reapers and basically always hit they might be ok. The specter needs more love than the phantasm because kinetic missiles are stopped more than explosive ones. The sunfury is a pretty good missile but feels a little pricey OP wise. I like using them but don't give it to my AI ships because they're a little trigger happy with them. The Hurricane IBCM is a great shield breaker. It has a typo though. Either in the name or the flavor text. The name says IBCM and flavor text says ICBM. I think it's a funny designation for a missile system on spaceships, but it might stand for something else.

The ballistic weapons mostly leave a bit to be desired. They all appear to be energy or fragmentation. The energy ones are mostly underwhelming like the mjolnir is in vanilla. The Twin HI-IR is great though. Long range and decent damage make it a very vexing weapon to deal with. Feels like it has the best of energy weapons and ballistic weapons. Totally worth 15 OP maybe worth as much as 18 OP. Quad heavy MG is pretty good too. Makes me sad it is frag damage though. I love the MG family because they punish anything that gets too close with a shield up. If it did half as much damage but kinetic typed it'd be one of my favorite PD weapons. The light flak is ok. It's like half a dual flak (which i'm not super fond of). It usually requires 2 shots to kill missiles so unless i'm mounting them with other PD weaponry (so the second weapon shoots down the missile after it's weakened by LFlak) i give them a pass. The long range flak does nice per shot damage, but doesn't feel like it performs on par with the dual flak (which costs the same OP). It's good at ruining fighters though. The Lancer family is a definite downgrade from needlers. Because they do energy damage they break shields only half as well and needlers, but because the per bullet damage is so low they are basically just as awful at damaging armor. It is good they have more ammo though. The vulcan like PD weapon is mostly good. It has longish range for a PD weapon and enough ammo that it can be a main weapon for a frigate in a pinch. It fires at every thing ever though so it'll fill the flux meter like mad if you're not careful though. The small PD with regenerating ammo leaves a bit to be desired. It's ok for big ships that need lots of endurance (like for example any Valk cruiser or above).

I haven't had a chance to use most of the Valkyrian ships. I made the mistake of *** them off right away. So going to oberon is pretty risky. I've used the brawler like frigate (which was as satisfying as the brawler to use) a destroyer with incediary ammo ship-system (hadn't been making notes at that point) and a nervah mark 2. Based on my limited experience with them they mostly seem to have an amazing amount of OP, tons of hardpoints and turrets, and crazy fast burnspeeds (the destroyer was 6 without mods). That seems to be balanced with big crew requirements and lots of LR costs, and poor combat speeds. The full shields leave a lot to be desired too. The armor is decent so they aren't glass cannons, but if anything fast and full of explosive damage shows up you're in trouble.

The ships are much more terrifying with vanilla ballistic weapons. If you can't out-range them or out maneuver them you're hosed. Both literally and metaphorically. You get hosed down with tons of bullets and die rather swiftly. I feel like they may be over-powered. Especially the later marks. I was feeling pretty confident and decided to take on a fleet with 6 map triangles. My fleet had 6 triangles on the map too so the FP cost was about the same. I had just made it to tech 10 and fleet 3 (character level 20). I was demolished like i tried to fight the Hedge SDF. It was pretty brutal. I wish i had paid better attention to which ships there were, but the number one demolisher of my ships was a nervah mark 3. It smashed my tartarus so fast, and the rest of my ships crumbled swiftly afterwards.

It's hard to tell if the system modernization mod is worth the op cost. It probably is on Valk ships because their base stats are pretty good. On vanilla ships it's usually on a ship by ship basis. Most of the high tech ships don't want it because vents are so good on them. Low tech ships mostly don't want it because they like as much firepower or maneuverability as possible. Most of the mid tech ships benefit though. It's nice to have on any ship you expect to have to flee too. Like on buffalos so their max speed is just a little better and they are all around a little tougher. It mostly just makes it so stray weapons fire won't destroy them as easily because as a baseline they're so fragile.

One last thing: oberon orbits a bit further out than corvus 3, but in hyperspace it looks like it has an orbit the size of corvus 2. It was a little jarring to notice the orbit discrepancy. It might make corvus system feel less crowded to move oberon a bit further past corvus 3. As it stands now it sits on corvus 3 from time to time and it feels weird.
[close]

This mod is pretty fun so I'm going to keep it installed. I may have more opinions in the future if you'd like to hear them.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2014, 02:06:13 PM »

I always love Opinions, both negative and positive, the update that isn't to far off fixes many of the issues listed, i'm still making changes to the faction so that old vanilla tag up there actually means something.

I guess an early sneak peak at the Changelog isn't going to hurt anyone. #SPOILER ALERT!
Spoiler

#Version 1.4

- The Valkyrians have finally received their own star system. no longer will they operate from their weird asgard inspired planet in corvus with TO many stations to keep track off.

- Valkyrian Royal Armada has received a makeover, they auto win against all AI fleets, making them immune to death-kiting, they also have unlimited command points, allowing them to have the battlefield advantage regardless of the current situation.
- Their attack level can be modified in their boss file script, in case you think they are annoying or attack too early, their current attack level is 30.

- Made Changes to the Chasing Memories mission.
- Added a few new missions.

- longer cooldown for scorpion MRM and its pod version as well as reduced flight time.
- Slightly nerfed all ballistic point defence.
- slightly Reduced damage on certain cruise missiles.
- slightly increased ammo on certain cruise missiles.
- Fixed double damage bug on Ether Drive and Ice-Lance cannons.

- All Military variants removed.
- Valkyrian Fleets no longer use Vanilla weapons. balancing them even further.
- 2 rear small PD on Yoshura II removed, slightly new engine design, all small PD is built in.
- Most small Valkyrian point defence for cruisers and capital ships is now built-in, to prevent their exceptional amount of weapon slots from being abused by players, thus much improved faction balance.
- Reduced Ordinance Points for all ships Destroyer class or larger.
- Corrected Supply/day usage of ships.
- Corrected Repair/day usage for ships.

- Decorative blinking lights on Vatican Mk.III, Heron, Almire Mk.II, Almire Mk.III.

- Added NX-K.Max series prototype weapons, #made by Maximillianyuen.#
- All high tier fighters have new weapons, greatly balancing them.
- Corrected Supply/day usage of fighters.
- Reduced the size of the ASF fighter.

- All Nirvana class ships now have the Infernium Drive system.
- Burst Drive Replaced with Infernium drive, #made by Cycerin.#
- Incendiary ammunition replaced with Overcharge. increases damage and flux dissipation, but generates hard flux at a very fast rate.
- Added negative effects to the Vessel Modernization hull mod, it was simply an extremely good mod with no drawbacks. increases ship supply and repair per day by 10%.

- Legion Plasma LRM added. #Dark.Revenant modification#
- Removed Herald Destroyer (very old ship that never saw the light of day, a few people may have noticed it in the sprite folder under the name of "Limbo".)
- Almire Mk.III added. (last "combat" ship in the mod, no more will be added, i have too many ships as it is.)
- Almire Mk.II changes: -2 large mounts, +2 medium mounts.
- Sequence added.
- Heron remodeled.

[close]

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2014, 03:14:24 PM »

- Burst Drive Replaced with Infernium drive, #made by Cycerin.#

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. *five hours later* No. No. No. No.

But burst drives are awesome for ramming! I always think this whenever I do it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni8MURSwSZg

I just saw what the Infernium drive did.

"Perhaps today is a good day to die! Helm! Prepare for ramming speed!"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:19:40 PM by LunaIsBestPony »

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

What are the main differences between Infernium and burndrive?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41